• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret documents reveal collusion between Syrian Government, IS

treehouse

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The leaked documents obtained by Sky News show Syrian Government forces, backed by Russian air strikes, took back control of IS's most important strongholds in Palmyra in one of the biggest deals negotiated.

Not only could the Syrian regime be torn apart if reports of this collusion was confirmed, but Russia could also be implicated amid the controversy.

Defectors of the terror organisation told Sky News the Islamic State handed Palmyra back to Syrian government forces as part of a series of agreements going back years.

New letters obtained by the broadcaster are copies of handwritten orders sent from IS headquarters.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...eveal-collusion-between-syrian-government-is/

Now, We know Why Russian jets were bombing everywhere but ISIS targets.

It seems no one has any interest in doing away with ISIS, be it the Syrians, the Russians, the Saudis, the Israelis, the Turkish, or the Americans, each for their own geopolitical calculations. Perhaps the Iranians are the only regional power that genuinely wishes to eradicate the scourge, as it thwarted their hostile takeover of Iraq and continues to threaten its regional hegemony.

this is the big problem with assuming theres just one group "isis" when in reality theres dozens of groups whether they claim to be al queda, al nusra or ISIS many of them are just local clans, many of them are nothing more than street gangs like the bloods and crips or a drug cartel, with no connection to radical Islam whatsoever.

the documents themselves aren't all that surprising, they include trading oil for fertilizer and a few negotiations, for things like evacuations, safe passage, and surrendering arms.
They show:

:: An agreement with the Syrian regime to withdraw IS weapons from Palmyra.

:: A deal between IS and Syria to trade oil for fertiliser and;

:: Arrangements to evacuate some areas by Islamic State forces BEFORE the Syrian army attacked.

IS Files Reveal Assad's Deals With Militants

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...eveal-collusion-between-syrian-government-is/

Now, We know Why Russian jets were bombing everywhere but ISIS targets.

1. Russian jets were bombing ISIS targets. But western governments with their loyal media focused mostly on the fact that the Russians were also bombing our so called allies against Assad.

2. Of course the Russians would bomb non ISIS targets as in most cases to get at ISIS, Assads forces would have to go through non-ISIS rebel territory.

3. That Assad and the other rebels have been dealing with ISIS for oil and weapons is hardly a new accusation. How the hell do you think that ISIS forces got their shinny new Toyota HighLux trucks? That these trucks happen to be similar or the same as the trucks that the US/UK gave the "friendly rebels"?

All sides work with each other depending on the tactical and strategical situation on the ground. It is common knowledge if you have followed the conflict. These documents are hardly the smoking gun... just yet again confirming what we already knew.

The whole Syrian/Iraqi ISIS conflict has turned into a big propaganda fight as well. Few people know that the Kurds and local Iraqi militias in Northern Iraq have been turning on each other killing many "allied fighters". But everyone now knows again that Assad makes deals with ISIS, but few know so do the other rebel groups..

1. Russian jets were bombing ISIS targets. But western governments with their loyal media focused mostly on the fact that the Russians were also bombing our so called allies against Assad.

2. Of course the Russians would bomb non ISIS targets as in most cases to get at ISIS, Assads forces would have to go through non-ISIS rebel territory.

3. That Assad and the other rebels have been dealing with ISIS for oil and weapons is hardly a new accusation. How the hell do you think that ISIS forces got their shinny new Toyota HighLux trucks? That these trucks happen to be similar or the same as the trucks that the US/UK gave the "friendly rebels"?

All sides work with each other depending on the tactical and strategical situation on the ground. It is common knowledge if you have followed the conflict. These documents are hardly the smoking gun... just yet again confirming what we already knew.

The whole Syrian/Iraqi ISIS conflict has turned into a big propaganda fight as well. Few people know that the Kurds and local Iraqi militias in Northern Iraq have been turning on each other killing many "allied fighters". But everyone now knows again that Assad makes deals with ISIS, but few know so do the other rebel groups..

I believe you got this right. Smoking guns are everywhere in war.

1- ''Now, even ISIS is admitting that Russia is not targeting them, at least not more than their enemies, the Western-backed rebels.Dabiq, the magazine published in English by ISIS, says that Russia is engaged in a war with the West in Syria, not with ISIS. '' Putin in Syria: Even ISIS Says Russia Is Not Bombing ISIS

Do you wonder where Russian jets are bombing?

''Russian Defence Ministry data, collated by Reuters, shows the bombing raids have struck at least 17 named locations in Turkmen areas since President Vladimir Putin ordered them to begin on Sept. 30. ''

There is no ISIS in Turkmen towns at all, for The Turkmens are already fighting against the ISIS for their families and land.

-----------------0---------------------------

2- As declared, Russia has never bombed PKK(PYD) targets, which is ally of USA as well against ISIS and Assad. Russia and Iran want to keep Assad, USA does not; however, Both parties are arming a terrorist organisation PYD(PKK) to eliminate another ISIS. At the same time They ignore war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and killings of PKK(PYD) as documented by Amnesty Int.

If you tell me in the end that It is not humanitarian or democratic etc reasons but some interests, then the rules are out, so you cannot speak by moral codes or other terms that have been evolved in centuries of experiences.

The Question is what the difference is between USA/Russia/Iran/Assad and ISIS.

------------------0--------------------------------

3-George Haswani ,Russian and Syrian citizen, is a middle man in trade between ISIS and Assad regime, and also this guy is in the black list of USA.

You asked me where ISIS got those toys, and tell you The ISIS got nearly all weapons from Russia inderectly, Russia's puppet Iran inderectly, Iran's puppet Assad directly; While Europe is stuck in refugees, USA is paralyzed, thanks to Obama.

Last edited:
1- ''Now, even ISIS is admitting that Russia is not targeting them, at least not more than their enemies, the Western-backed rebels.Dabiq, the magazine published in English by ISIS, says that Russia is engaged in a war with the West in Syria, not with ISIS. '' Putin in Syria: Even ISIS Says Russia Is Not Bombing ISIS

Do you wonder where Russian jets are bombing?

''Russian Defence Ministry data, collated by Reuters, shows the bombing raids have struck at least 17 named locations in Turkmen areas since President Vladimir Putin ordered them to begin on Sept. 30. ''

There is no ISIS in Turkmen towns at all, for The Turkmens are already fighting against the ISIS for their families and land.

And what has ISIS got to gain from saying this? Hell you believe ISIS now over the Russians? The Turkmen are rebels rising up against Assad. They control vast areas near the Turkish border and hence control supply lines from Turkey to all rebel groups. Taking them on and getting control over the border crossing is nothing normal military tactics.

2- As declared, Russia has never bombed PKK(PYD) targets, which is ally of USA as well against ISIS and Assad. Russia and Iran want to keep Assad, USA does not; however, Both parties are arming a terrorist organisation PYD(PKK) to eliminate another ISIS. At the same time They ignore war crimes, ethnic cleansing, and killings of PKK(PYD) as documented by Amnesty Int.

PKK is a terrorist organisation, and you are saying they are allies of the US? There is no doubt that Russia wants to keep Assad because of the naval base and air bases. It is the whole reason that the US/UK/West are supporting an uprising against Assad for **** sake. You think it is about democracy or getting rid of a dictator? HAHAHAHAHHAH... no it has to do with the fact that Russia has a military base or two in the Mediterranean, which is a thorn in the side of the US.. err Nato.

3-George Haswani ,Russian and Syrian citizen, is a middle man in trade between ISIS and Assad regime, and also this guy is in the black list of USA.

You asked me where ISIS got those toys, and tell you The ISIS got nearly all weapons from Russia inderectly, Russia's puppet Iran inderectly, Iran's puppet Assad directly; While Europe is stuck in refugees, USA is paralyzed, thanks to Obama.

Sorry but you have lost the plot. The very fact that you are so focused on Russia and what she does in Syria, while totally ignoring the fact that the rebels the west support are committing war crimes, selling arms and other things to ISIS and even Assad... just shows how badly you have fallen into the propaganda trap done by ISIS and the west against Assad.

I am no Assad supporter by any means and certainly no Putin supporter, but I do have the ability to open my eyes and see what is going on instead of believing the daily propaganda briefings coming from any side.

It all comes down to motives and what each party has to gain... once you clear that up, then you understand why X is doing this with Y.

And what has ISIS got to gain from saying this? Hell you believe ISIS now over the Russians? The Turkmen are rebels rising up against Assad. They control vast areas near the Turkish border and hence control supply lines from Turkey to all rebel groups. Taking them on and getting control over the border crossing is nothing normal military tactics.

First of all, Will you please keep your emotions out of debate? Thanks.

The PKK(PYD) was in the very begining working with Assad in return for lands given by Assad, They forced whoever was against them to leave( remember Amnesty Int. report); and then ISIS attacked them (remember Kobani), They called help from The West, and Turkey opened a corridor for Barzani forces from Iraq to Syria, supported them, treated them in Turkish hospitals; with Russian involvement, They started to work with Assad again; ISIS stopped attacking them, Russia started to bomb non-ISIS targets. PYD(PKK) declared autonomy in lands given by Assad and gained with help of USA and Russia. who wins in this war is besides the point, but sure it is Terrorism (PYD).

Humans, democracy etc. are the reasons for this mess in the begining, now it is turning into cold war era. I am not denying this.

I repeat the Question what the difference is between USA/Russia/Iran/Assad and ISIS.

PKK is a terrorist organisation, and you are saying they are allies of the US? There is no doubt that Russia wants to keep Assad because of the naval base and air bases. It is the whole reason that the US/UK/West are supporting an uprising against Assad for **** sake. You think it is about democracy or getting rid of a dictator? HAHAHAHAHHAH... no it has to do with the fact that Russia has a military base or two in the Mediterranean, which is a thorn in the side of the US.. err Nato.

I can prove that USA is supporting PYD(PKK) terrorists, with air-dropped weapons, training etc.

When you start to laugh, I started to remember mine whenever i think USA involvement in Iraq, and handing the country to Shia Iran control on a silver plate over the excuse of getting rid of a dictator, and bringing the democracy. I see how sharp you are now.

Too little, too late.

Sorry but you have lost the plot. The very fact that you are so focused on Russia and what she does in Syria, while totally ignoring the fact that the rebels the west support are committing war crimes, selling arms and other things to ISIS and even Assad... just shows how badly you have fallen into the propaganda trap done by ISIS and the west against Assad.

I am no Assad supporter by any means and certainly no Putin supporter, but I do have the ability to open my eyes and see what is going on instead of believing the daily propaganda briefings coming from any side.

It all comes down to motives and what each party has to gain... once you clear that up, then you understand why X is doing this with Y.

Your judgement about me starts to lose credibility when facing with proof and evidences.

The last chance for you to prove how sharp you are, here it comes:

I repeat the Question what the difference is between USA/Russia/Iran/Assad and ISIS.

First of all, Will you please keep your emotions out of debate? Thanks.

The PKK(PYD) was in the very begining working with Assad in return for lands given by Assad, They forced whoever was against them to leave( remember Amnesty Int. report); and then ISIS attacked them (remember Kobani), They called help from The West, and Turkey opened a corridor for Barzani forces from Iraq to Syria, supported them, treated them in Turkish hospitals; with Russian involvement, They started to work with Assad again; ISIS stopped attacking them, Russia started to bomb non-ISIS targets. PYD(PKK) declared autonomy in lands given by Assad and gained with help of USA and Russia. who wins in this war is besides the point, but sure it is Terrorism (PYD).

Humans, democracy etc. are the reasons for this mess in the begining, now it is turning into cold war era. I am not denying this.

There are plenty of differences just as there are different motives. But in the end they are all the same.. they want to continue a proxy war in Syria instead of sitting down and fixing the problems.

US wants to get rid of the Russian naval base and hence inspired a proxy war to get this done.
Russia wants to keep the naval base so they threw their support behind the sitting legitimate government who gave them access to the naval base.
Iran wants to counter the Saudi influence.. the classic Shia vs Sunni divide bull****.. why have you not mentioned the Saudis?
ISIS wants to get power.. to abuse women and children and all that crap. They pop up where ever there is a power vacuum that is more than often created by the US/UK/France... /wave Libya.

So there are plenty of differences.

I can prove that USA is supporting PYD(PKK) terrorists, with air-dropped weapons, training etc.

When you start to laugh, I started to remember mine whenever i think USA involvement in Iraq, and handing the country to Shia Iran control on a silver plate over the excuse of getting rid of a dictator, and bringing the democracy. I see how sharp you are now.

Too little, too late.

No need to prove anything, I know they are doing it. And I also know that there is a "debate" about if the PKK and PYD are the same or allies or what ever. Denmark has arrested a Kurdish female fighter, a hero to many Kurds... why because she fought for the PYD and they are linked to the PKK. I also have pointed out from the start.. before the Iraq war 2, that the west were fools to support the Kurds but to also trust them.

Back
Top Bottom