• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret beer recipe revealed!

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Who says the Obama administration isn't transparent and forthcoming with information that the public has requested? For example:

Beer geeks of America, your voice has been heard.
Ever since word leaked that the Obama White House was producing its very own, home-brewed ales and porters -- using honey from Michelle Obama's garden, no less -- beer enthusiasts have been trying to pry the secret recipes out of the administration. There was a Freedom of Information Act request. There was a question from the White House press corps. Eventually, Press Secretary Jay Carney tweeted that the President would oblige if an online petition hit its goal of 25,000 signatures. (Full disclosure: I signed.)

link

Now which one of these things requires me to suspend my disbelief more:

That Obama actually makes the beer himself as opposed to some employee doing it for him

--or--

That Michelle actually harvests her own honey from her own hives as opposed to some bee expert doing it for her?

decisions decisions :thinking

That Michelle actually harvests her own honey from her own hives as opposed to some bee expert doing it for her?

Harvesting honey from a single modern hive is easy, I've done it without protective gear (bare hands and head). Turning the queen's sleeve was not so easy, but we did it.

First, since when is Michelle Obama a bee keeper or a gardener for that matter.

Second, I'm seriously doubting the craft beer community is clamoring for yet another beer recipe that this time has "Obama" on it. I'd rather Obama and his WH deal with the serious issues of this country and people spend less time feeding his ego with a FOIA request for their beer. I can't think of a worse waste of people's time except maybe discussing Hollywood or the latest Miley Cyrus nonsense.

Harvesting honey from a single modern hive is easy, I've done it without protective gear (bare hands and head). Turning the queen's slat was not so easy, but we did it.

And you think a lawyer from Chicago does it all by her lonesome? I am skeptical.

And you think a lawyer from Chicago does it all by her lonesome? I am skeptical.

With protective gear and a smoke machine, it would be easy for one person to do it. When I did it, we (I had one person, also without protective gear, assisting the harvest) had smoke from a 'wet material fire' that was fanned on us as we worked (two young men did that).

Harvesting honey from a single modern hive is easy, I've done it without protective gear (bare hands and head). Turning the queen's sleeve was not so easy, but we did it.
I would challenge you to harvest honey from my bee colony without protective gear. They are essentially feral, and have a quite nasty disposition. :lol:Btw, what is "turning the queen's sleeve"?

Obama Brew: The best liberal concoction since Billy Beer.

Who says the Obama administration isn't transparent and forthcoming with information that the public has requested? For example:

link

Wow, this administration is a circus. This would maybe have been cute years ago, now it's annoying.

First, since when is Michelle Obama a bee keeper or a gardener for that matter.

Second, I'm seriously doubting the craft beer community is clamoring for yet another beer recipe that this time has "Obama" on it. I'd rather Obama and his WH deal with the serious issues of this country and people spend less time feeding his ego with a FOIA request for their beer. I can't think of a worse waste of people's time except maybe discussing Hollywood or the latest Miley Cyrus nonsense.

Obambeer could be a hot seller in San Francisco.

With protective gear and a smoke machine, it would be easy for one person to do it. When I did it, we (I had one person, also without protective gear, assisting the harvest) had smoke from a 'wet material fire' that was fanned on us as we worked (two young men did that).

I have been around bee boxes. I just have trouble seeing Michelle Obama around bee boxes :notlook:

Back
Top Bottom