• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Secret Assault on Terrorism Widens on Two Continents

Why are any of you surprised? People who lack a deity to place their faith in usually stat to turn towards big government to solve all their problems. The so-called "shadow war" is nothing but a solution to spread their oppressive new world order form of big government. Big government would never allow these countries to fall under sharia law without a fight. Also, what better way for Obama to get in good grace with conservatives then kill more muslims in more parts of the world.

With conservatives or with republicans? Cuz if you want to get in the good graces of conservatives...dont increase the entire historical national debt by 24% (add 4 trillion to the deficit) in 18 months. Enact responsible fiscal policies. Stop bribing and buying voters with tax money we dont have.

Good start.

Dont kill terrorists to impress conservatives. Kill terrorists because they are piece of **** terrorists that deserve death.

1) I'm very glad this is happening. Well-done.

2) Where are the throngs of protests against these aggressive illegal acts of warmongering and American imperialism?

Covert action is necessary and reasonable in some foreign countries. If there's going to be a global war on terror, that's the only smart and affordable way to fight it.

We conduct clandestine activities all over the world and US Presidents have authorized these things for a very long time. People are killed as a result of this, hopefully the right people. Happens all the time. The best thing about fighting using shadow methods is very few Americans are killed.

Not like Iraq, for instance. That wasn't smart. Invade a country you already control and get thousands of Americans killed. Spend a trillion. That's senseless and unaffordable, and should have been widely protested.

Covert action is necessary and reasonable in some foreign countries. If there's going to be a global war on terror, that's the only smart and affordable way to fight it.

We conduct clandestine activities all over the world and US Presidents have authorized these things for a very long time. People are killed as a result of this, hopefully the right people. Happens all the time. The best thing about fighting using shadow methods is very few Americans are killed.

Ahem:

1) I'm very glad this is happening. Well-done.

Now:

Not like Iraq, for instance. That wasn't smart. Invade a country you already control and get thousands of Americans killed. Spend a trillion. That's senseless and unaffordable, and should have been widely protested.

These are not the objections to which I referred.

With conservatives or with republicans? Cuz if you want to get in the good graces of conservatives...dont increase the entire historical national debt by 24% (add 4 trillion to the deficit) in 18 months. Enact responsible fiscal policies. Stop bribing and buying voters with tax money we dont have.

Good start.

Dont kill terrorists to impress conservatives. Kill terrorists because they are piece of **** terrorists that deserve death.

I was thinking in terms of a polling survey reflecting favorably toward Obama when asked to conservatives. This issue will be forgotten about when elections come around and the topics you mention will take over.

Gotta give credit, where credit is due; as long as they're racking up some body counts.

On another note, the Obama cheering is awesome.

I supported Bush in going after the terrorists all the way, but never as a full-scale operation. I have argued from the beginning that it should have been a covert war from the beginning, as how can one fight an enemy using the full military when you have no idea who the soldiers of the enemy are from the citizenry?

We controlled Iraq?

We controlled Iraq?

Sure. They couldn't fly a plane unless we let them. We bombed the country at will for the 12 years following the 1991 war. We enforced strict sanctions. The country and its leader were no threat to anybody because of our control.

Not having access to all the information the President does I supported President Bush totally 100% during the entire tenure of his leadership of this war. I was aware that President Obama has pressed forward with this effort and again support him 100% in this effort. Now, domestically I have a problem with both. However, being involved in a world war will allow me to accept some domestic policy weakness and economic strife. Those who blindly and fervently attack the administration without equal information are idiots.

Did any of you notice that the deficit spiked right after the D's took control of the House and Senate? All realize of course that almost no money can be spent by the government unless specifically authorized by congress.

See - secret - catching *everyone* off guard is *how* it's suppose to be done.

Really smart - I support that!

The LAST thing anyone should do is get on the bullhorn and announced when, where, why and how things will be pooed on.

There are exceptions to what I said, mostly because places like Somalia lack any real government. There are also U.S. military bases in most countries. It would only be a step further to request permission to conduct Al Qaeda hunts outside of the bases.

I'm not saying I agree with it... I'm just saying that it's not illegal.

Of course all of this is PRESUMED.

I take comfort that the conflict is now being managed in a more intelligent manner.

For the first time in our history, an entity has declared a covert war against us. And we are using similar elements of American power to respond to that covert war. — Representative Adam Smith, Democrat of Washington, who serves on the Intelligence and Armed Services Committees

But, this story contains a warning that I found disturbing, too.

We should seek that oversight is rigorous and thorough. It may make our efforts less “efficient” but it will assure that our nation's values and ideals are preserved and protected.

Could you be any more contradictory?

So who will step up first and admit that labeling Bush as imperialist was wrong?

Of course, they won't, because that was DIFFERENT. Because this is OBAMA. Don't you get it? O-BA-MA. Not BUSH.

Back
Top Bottom