• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second Trump impeachment IMPEACHED AGAIN

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

What a shit stain.

A mere 10 Republicans went along.
...which still makes it the most bi-partisan impeachment in history.

As you know, most House Republicans are gerrymandered into uber-red districts where the House members toss their voters red meat to keep them at bay. The Senate is a different story. Each senator represents an entire state. We'll see if 18 Republican senators will vote to convict.

The Republican defense is that antifa rioted last summer. Imagine that you murdered a hooker, and in court your defense was that your neighbor beat his wife. That's the level of the Republican defense of donald trump.

"Oh, sure, you accuse me of murdering a hooker, but my neighbor beats his wife! GOTTA LOVE THE HYPOCRISY."

Last edited:
So here's Trump's scorecard. Tell me if I missed anything.

1) One termer
2) Impeached twice
3) Lost his party the House
4) Lost his party the Senate
5) Zero popular vote wins
6) 393,000 dead Americans from a pandemic he ignored

I think history will remember him well.

The Republican defense is that antifa rioted last summer. Imagine that you murdered a hooker, and in court your defense was that your neighbor beat his wife. That's the level of the Republican defense of donald trump.

And as it turns out FBI says a fairly large percentage of the damage was actually done by RW interlopers who wanted to masquerade as "antifa".

4tq58f.jpg

Majority of Americans Say This Is Their Favorite Impeachment of Trump (Andy Borowitz, New Yorker, Subscription)
A majority of Americans call Donald J. Trump’s second impeachment their favorite Trump impeachment, a new poll finds.

According to the poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, Americans who liked Trump’s first impeachment prefer his second one by a wide margin.

Although respondents expressed some sadness that this would most likely be the last Trump impeachment they would witness, they were overwhelmingly pleased to see the series go out on a high note.

“According to these responses, Trump’s second impeachment is that rare example of a sequel being more popular than the original,” Davis Logsdon, who supervised the poll, said. “This is not ‘Wonder Woman 1984.’ ”

1) One termer
2) Impeached twice

Well, at least we got Space Force.

image.jpeg

He's trying to get that number over 400,000 before he leaves office. Trying to make room for all those immigrants?

We're supposed to be gobsmacked now that a US president has been impeached? Impeachments aren't nearly as impressive as they used to be.

... 10 Republicans?

Bipartisan enough for me.
And me. That may only represent 5% of the Republicans in the body, that is an indication that some people can cross the aisle. I think it would be awesome if they appointed a Republican as a House Manager for the trial.

What a shit stain.
Since it is their parting shot, the House should really take advantage of all the ammunition they have against Trump, charging him not only with his most recent acts of sedition, but all of his emoluments clause violations, and all of his obstruction of justice violations, too! Those were never brought up in his first impeachment.

It might make it much harder for Republican Senators to vote in his favor if confronted with the total breadth and depth of his malfeasance, all tied up in one tidy package.

1) One termer
2) Impeached twice

Tired of winning yet?

1) One termer
2) Impeached twice

Probably would have had plenty dead in the pandemic even if we went all in on the lockdown and quarantine thing.
But it would have been over quicker and caused less harm.

Probably would have had plenty dead in the pandemic even if we went all in on the lockdown and quarantine thing.
But it would have been over quicker and caused less harm.
Link?

The third-ranking Republican in the House, Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, said there had “never been a greater betrayal” by a president. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told colleagues in a letter that he had not decided how he would vote in an impeachment trial.
For the first time, Trump’s future seemed in doubt, and what was once unthinkable — that enough Republican senators would defy him and vote to remove him from office — seemed at least possible, if unlikely.
But there was no effort from the White House to line up votes in the president’s defense.
The team around Trump is hollowed out, with the White House counsel’s office not drawing up a legal defense plan and the legislative affairs team largely abandoned.
Trump leaned on Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., to push Republican senators to oppose removal. Graham’s spokesman said the senator was making the calls of his own volition.
Trump and his allies believed that the president’s sturdy popularity with the lawmakers’ GOP constituents would deter them from voting against him.
The president was livid with perceived disloyalty from McConnell and Cheney and has been deeply frustrated that he could not hit back with his Twitter account, which has kept Republicans in line for years. Trump watched much of the day’s proceedings on TV from the White House residence and his private dining area off the Oval Office.

This gives me warm fuzzies.

Back
Top Bottom