• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second Trump impeachment IMPEACHED AGAIN

The Republican defense is that antifa rioted last summer. Imagine that you murdered a hooker, and in court your defense was that your neighbor beat his wife. That's the level of the Republican defense of donald trump.

"Oh, sure, you accuse me of murdering a hooker, but my neighbor beats his wife! GOTTA LOVE THE HYPOCRISY."
That is known as a ”tu quoque” logic fallacy. It is specious reasoning that we should not EVER have to listen to from the floor of the House. Shame on the Republicans who pulled this crap.

People who say we can't impeach Trump because his supporters might engage in further violence are making terrorist threats and need to understand that the United States does not negotiate with terrorists.

So here's Trump's scorecard. Tell me if I missed anything.

1) One termer
2) Impeached twice
3) Lost his party the House
4) Lost his party the Senate
5) Zero popular vote wins
6) 393,000 dead Americans from a pandemic he ignored

I think history will remember him well.
Worst president ever...not even close.

A crime is committed when officials are being called and asked to "recalculate" results, so their party's candidate wins.

That is known as a ”tu quoque” logic fallacy. It is specious reasoning that we should not EVER have to listen to from the floor of the House. Shame on the Republicans who pulled this crap.
It’s not smart enough to be a logical fallacy. It’s much closer to the Chewbacca Defense.

Ah, so now we have quickie impeachments. No debate, no evidence, no investigation, nothing. Just like the founders intended, right? It should be something done quickly, on a whim, for political reasons, that must be what they intended.

Well, the left just set a precedent. They thought they were going to gain 15 seats this past election. Ooops! they almost lost the House.
Less than two years until the next election. I bet they think they will gain seats.

But, if they lose them, and the House, guess who is getting impeached, in a nice, quick method? Can we impeach Harris and Biden at the same time? I don't see why not.

Ah, so now we have quickie impeachments. No debate, no evidence, no investigation, nothing. Just like the founders intended, right? It should be something done quickly, on a whim, for political reasons, that must be what they intended.

Well, the left just set a precedent. They thought they were going to gain 15 seats this past election. Ooops! they almost lost the House.
Less than two years until the next election. I bet they think they will gain seats.

But, if they lose them, and the House, guess who is getting impeached, in a nice, quick method? Can we impeach Harris and Biden at the same time? I don't see why not.
You're talking as if this were some vindictive personal dislike impeachment, just because they can.
It wasn't.

The trumpies are gonna take care of themselves.

And I doubt this is gonna become a tit for tat thing going forward.

As long as you like watching impeachment die in the Senate every time. But really, nobody expects any better from Republicans.

Yeah, as an American Tragedy.

Sort of like Nero. Except instead of fiddling, he golfed.

Or Aaron Burr.

Or Neville chamberlain.

I don't think Burr is a fair example. Can you imagine Donald in a duel? He'd be so preoccupied telling his gun how great his ratings are that he wouldn't even notice his opponent draw.

I don't think Burr is a fair example. Can you imagine Donald in a duel?
His opponent would refuse to kill a child and resign, Trump would claim victory in the duel and shout about his prowess to everyone.

This gives me warm fuzzies.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've enjoyed what is happening. For four years, as people made jokes and pretended to eat popcorn to watch the latest Trump scandal, I could never bring myself to feel anything other than angered disgust. But now? What a show.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've enjoyed what is happening. For four years, as people made jokes and pretended to eat popcorn to watch the latest Trump scandal, I could never bring myself to feel anything other than angered disgust. But now? What a show.

On a brighter note for Donald, he finally won the popular vote for something.

We're supposed to be gobsmacked now that a US president has been impeached? Impeachments aren't nearly as impressive as they used to be.

Yeah, something about impeaching the same man for two separate examples of treason sort of takes the shock out of it. Let's look at the score card:

1) Andrew Johnson: Tried to reverse the gains of the Civil War and waited for Congress to go out-of-session to usurp. (CONSERVATIVE)

2) Richard Nixon: His people broke into DNC HQ in D.C., obstructed justice, abused his power, and displayed contempt of Congress. (He quit, also a CONSERVATIVE)

3) Bill Clinton: Refused to admit his blowjob to the world, thus lied to Congress. (LIBERAL)

4) Donald Trump: Contempt of Congress, caught trying to commit treason by asking a foreign government to interfere in an American election, then obstructed justice. (CONSERVATIVE)

4) Um...Donald Trump: Another case of treason by inciting insurrection through his followers who stormed the Capitol. (Still a CONSERVATIVE)

So...

* 3 of these traitors are conservatives who actually betrayed America and presented as a national threat.
* 1 of these is a liberal who lied about adultery.

Clearly, 1 of these was an abuse of the impeachment process as a political tool and had nothing to do with protecting the integrity of American democracy. The other three? Always treachery and always treason. But I can see how this would tire some people who wish to downplay even impeachment now.

Yes, it was. No evidence, no debate. Based completely on hate.

Sure. No evidence. Apparently, ten Republicans managed to watch TV on January 6. Meanwhile after two months of no evidence, you people still pretend to have been cheated through fraud. Look where that go you on January 6. But, you have never been one for reality when it concerns your personal need to protect your special man, have you?

And yes... most Americans hate a traitor. You might want to reflect on how even after this you still choose to adore him. Maybe you should ask Trump if he has room on his plane to Russia. Though, with Russian oligarchs and the Russian mob waiting, he may be headed to North Korea. You know he has that "special bond."

Last edited:

I can almost guarantee the GOP will impeach Biden when they get the house back in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom