• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second man accuses Rep. Jim Jordan of ignoring OSU abuse

So, turning a blind eye to sexual assault is ok because....Republican.

Deplorable was way, way too nice a word.

These people are not even close to being Christians either.

Second man accuses Rep. Jim Jordan of ignoring OSU abuse - AOL News

What is it with former wrestling coaches who became Congressmen from the midwest? Sex abuse seems like part of process.

Yeah, Hastert was a real kick-in-the-groin---so to speak--- for amateur wrestling.
Having participated in this sport decades ago, I would be inclined to dismiss such accusations against a fellow wrestler.
However, since Jordan seems more than willing to accept any rumor or innuendo directed at his political opponents, I say "LOCK HIM UP".

This appears to be school policy issued in 2006. Was this the school policy in 1994, 12 years previous? Were student accusers charging faculty with sexual misconduct allowed to remain anonymous? Or did they have to appear at a public hearing and expose themselves to further humiliation?

I know things like duty, honor, etc. have literally no meaning to so-called conservatives and Trump supporters, but one time, long ago, before this crook Trump took office, there were people, sometimes called Republicans, sometimes called conservatives, who had an actual moral compass, and knew the difference between right and wrong. They believed in notions such as duty, honor, country. These people when they saw something wrong they would feel compelled, due to a moral obligation, to call out wrongs where they saw them.

They are gone now. An extinct species. Some say they sold their souls to the devil. Some say they lost their spines. But, regardless, none have been seen since Trump assumed office.

Your lost retroactive respect and hateful defamation aside, W_Heisenberg, the question remains: Did they tell Jim Jordan about this doctor? And if they did, did they expect him to do anything about it, or did they just need his shoulder to cry on?

Because remember, we are talking about young men in college wrestling, the most macho of the macho. Do you think most wrestlers wanted to be exposed to the scrutiny and humiliation? Most young men do not, much less those perceived to be the toughest and manliest of young men.

SEC CHARGES OHIO MAN WITH DEFRAUDING INVESTORS AND OPERATING UNREGISTERED BROKERAGE; SEC ALSO ACTS TO PREVENT BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

The Securities and Exchange Commission announced that today it filed a civil injunctive action in federal district court in Columbus, Ohio accusing Dunyasha M. Yetts and his unregistered broker-dealer, Worldwide Financial Group, Inc., of defrauding at least fourteen investors of approximately $1.8 million from 1998 through early 2001. In a related action, the Commission also today filed a separate complaint in United States Bankruptcy Court in Columbus, Ohio, where Yetts is a debtor, seeking to prevent the discharge of a substantial portion of Yetts' indebtedness, approximately $1.8 million, incurred through securities fraud.

Dunyasha M. Yetts, et al.: Lit. Rel. No. 17286 / December 20, 2001

It wasn't long before the 2018 elections that he had to deal with allegations as well. It works often enough, sadly. Democrats, or should I say the extremist left, plays this offensive rather well. Perhaps it is time the right starts playing their game instead of sitting around sucking their thumbs.
Who the heck still thinks that we need Russia to interfere, if most of the media, and of course the social media jockeys we see every day spewing gossip, are doing all the work?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...21f5ca-822f-11e8-b9a5-7e1c013f8c33_story.html

This is from the same time period that Jerry Sandusky was beginning his perversion over at Happy Valley. He had a fifteen year run.......

It is more of a cultural issue.

You do not want to necessarily ruin the child's life by disclosing this information publicly. Imagine the shame and stigma that the child must live with for the rest of his life.

Yes, it's much better to keep these things under wraps so that they can continue. burying abuse usually works out well for the victims as well.:roll:

However, I must ask, what power did Jordan have in this matter? Did the students who confided in him expect him to report it and he then did nothing? Or did they simply tell him this, getting it off their chest, but without expectation that anything be done to save them from further humiliation?

What difference would the students expectations have in regard to reporting a weirdo?
If Jordan and Hellickson just shrugged these sorts of incidents off, then they betrayed the young men they coached.
As for the referee in this story...WTF was he thinking?
He's a grown man, in a shower, and some doofus is whacking off in front of him......a swift kick in Strauss' testicles was in order.

Gym Jordan doesn’t appear to be as dedicated to rooting out wrongdoing as we were led to believe.

So, turning a blind eye to sexual assault is ok because....Republican.

No, turning a blind eye is not ok but when you know that some folks lie and try to take advantage of a gravy train you have to speak out. There are lots of money hungry liars who will do about anything for money.
When accusations are made and not corroborated then the people need to face consequences.

It is more of a cultural issue.

You do not want to necessarily ruin the child's life by disclosing this information publicly. Imagine the shame and stigma that the child must live with for the rest of his life.

Good point.
No need to punish the perp.
Better the kid should suffer shame and stigma in private.

Yes, it's much better to keep these things under wraps so that they can continue. burying abuse usually works out well for the victims as well.:roll:

Good post.
Beat me to it.

Welcome to society today,

Literally ALL you have to do to destroy someone is make an accusation. How sad is that?

Welcome to society today,

Literally ALL you have to do to destroy someone is make an accusation. How sad is that?

Uh

Trump

Uh

?

LOL What, you think Trump is a catch all? Wait..no...you think Trump is the CAUSE of this.....gotcha....lol Trump is the RESULT of this bud.

Gym Jordan doesn’t appear to be as dedicated to rooting out wrongdoing as we were led to believe.

And now the sleaze republicans found a way to get this slime into the intelligence committee.

Great. Now we have the trifecta of idiots; Meadows, Jordan and Scalise there to peddle their lies and conspiracies.

The timing is beyond obvious. This was chambered until Jordan was set to jump onto a committee and unleash whoopass on the Democrats' coup to remove Trump. Dems must be desperate.

Lulz. Always a good time to see conservatives bitch and whine about character and morals and NEVER be able to take what they dish out.

Gym Jordan tolerated sexual abuse of students under his supervision.

He should resign and do the right thing. The next time a conservative does that will be the first time.

This appears to be school policy issued in 2006. Was this the school policy in 1994, 12 years previous?

No idea. What do you suspect? Do you think Ohio State University had a whistleblower policy in 1994? Remember this university was founded in 1870, and in recent years had an undergraduate enrollment of 44,762 students.

Were student accusers charging faculty with sexual misconduct allowed to remain anonymous? Or did they have to appear at a public hearing and expose themselves to further humiliation?

I don't know. I do think Jordan had a moral obligation to do something about it.

Did they tell Jim Jordan about this doctor? And if they did, did they expect him to do anything about it, or did they just need his shoulder to cry on?

I don't know. I do think Jordan had a moral obligation to do something about it.

Because remember, we are talking about young men in college wrestling, the most macho of the macho. Do you think most wrestlers wanted to be exposed to the scrutiny and humiliation? Most young men do not, much less those perceived to be the toughest and manliest of young men.

You are pushing an argument based on a logical fallacy. This one is called a false dilemma. There is no reason why something like this can't be investigated while also trying to protect the identity of the victims. And what about the shame and humiliation of all future victims of a wrongdoer who continues to abuse people?

i wonder which side that God Fearing Republicans will take on this testimony. It did affect young people that they've always preached that need to be protected from bad people.

I think we know the answer already.

I'm not surprised to see something like this come back into the news cycle. I've always thought it was strange that Republicans put so much faith into Jim Jordan. He isn't very effective at his job and he has this whole mess following him around.

Well, Jordan just looks so dynamic....not wearing his jacket....always slightly rumpled....he's such a hard working everyman !!!

Clearly, based on his track-record defending Crooked Donald, Jim Jordan is an immoral, unethical, spineless degenerate who is willing to ignore dignity, honor and TRUTH to get what he wants.

What was revealed today should come as no surprise to anyone.

:cool:

Former OSU wrestler in jail again

Jun 13, 2012

Former OSU wrestler in jail again - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Former Ohio State University wrestler Dunyasha M. Yetts has been jailed again over allegations that he has substantial sums of money he hasn’t reported to his probation officer. Yetts, 41, was arrested on Friday in his hometown of Steubenville, Ohio, after five investors complained to government agencies that he hadn’t returned money they had given him to invest.

Former Ohio State University wrestler Dunyasha M. Yetts has been jailed again over allegations that he has substantial sums of money he hasn’t reported to his probation officer.

Yetts, 41, was arrested on Friday in his hometown of Steubenville, Ohio, after five investors complained to government agencies that he hadn’t returned money they had given him to invest.

He was in front of U.S. District Court Magistrate Norah McCann King yesterday for a preliminary detention hearing. After Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Fulton and defense attorney Sam Shamansky spoke, King ordered Yetts detained until a hearing before a federal judge.

Right. Another tactic of newly-minted Trump Republicans: blame the victim.

I can't wait to see you people flail around when Trump's not around anymore to tell you how to act.

Well, Jordan just looks so dynamic....not wearing his jacket....always slightly rumpled....he's such a hard working everyman !!!

Honestly, the guy looks sick to me. And I mean sick in "not a good way." His skin tone, etc, almost looks like he is going through some sort of cancer treatment.

As much as I dislike the douche, I'd hate it if that were the case.

Former OSU wrestler in jail again

Jun 13, 2012

Former OSU wrestler in jail again - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Former Ohio State University wrestler Dunyasha M. Yetts has been jailed again over allegations that he has substantial sums of money he hasn’t reported to his probation officer. Yetts, 41, was arrested on Friday in his hometown of Steubenville, Ohio, after five investors complained to government agencies that he hadn’t returned money they had given him to invest.

Former Ohio State University wrestler Dunyasha M. Yetts has been jailed again over allegations that he has substantial sums of money he hasn’t reported to his probation officer.

Yetts, 41, was arrested on Friday in his hometown of Steubenville, Ohio, after five investors complained to government agencies that he hadn’t returned money they had given him to invest.

He was in front of U.S. District Court Magistrate Norah McCann King yesterday for a preliminary detention hearing. After Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Fulton and defense attorney Sam Shamansky spoke, King ordered Yetts detained until a hearing before a federal judge.

Appalling, terrible story.
Next thing you know, the guy will be found guilty of running a fake university or embezzling funds from his foundation.
Sad.

Back
Top Bottom