• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second Lion Killed in Kenya in 2 Days Reignites Outrage...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The killings drew outrage in Kenya and online, and they highlighted the threat posed to wildlife by the loss of their habitat to expanding development.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/02/world/africa/dead-lion-kenya-lemek-mohawk.html?_r=0

I see more outrage over these two lions, then I do for all the terrorists around the world.......

several years ago, in California, a mountain lion, mother of cubs-attacked and killed a woman-also a mother-who was jogging. LE shot and killed the Puma. More money was raised to care for the orphaned cougar cubs than was raised for the children of the slain single mother

go figure

Everyone's got a pet cause, right Mickey?

Maybe so, I agree though, I never understood the people who take animals as their life's calling when so many people live crappy lives.

It's like the ban on using decoy dogs for coyote hunting or hounds for mountain lion. I believe this is illegal in WA, OR, CA and BC. and the result is, cougar and coyote populations are out of control and hurting the environment more.

now in Oregon they have reintroduced wolves, and are realizing the wolves like to kill for the thrill of killing. they will literally kill an elk or cattle and leave the corpse without ever taking a bite to eat, and Oregon DFW is paying for professional hunters to start culling wolves.

which goes back to the OP, the types of people Mickey are pointing out literally care emotionally only about the animals, don't understand science, and are outraged at the idea that lions are being killed, and don't understand the benefits that developing housing and infrastructure brings to improving the lives of impoverished people.

Oh jeez.

I hate hunting for sport.

But anyone who regularly eats meat and then turns around and flips out about this killing is a hypocrite on this subject, IMO.

You are perfectly fine with rows of cows and pigs slaughtered for your culinary pleasure...but if someone kills one cat, you freak out.

:roll:

The killings drew outrage in Kenya and online, and they highlighted the threat posed to wildlife by the loss of their habitat to expanding development. I see more outrage over these two lions, then I do for all the terrorists around the world.......

Perhaps you need glasses. Or a different news source... :peace

several years ago, in California, a mountain lion, mother of cubs-attacked and killed a woman-also a mother-who was jogging. LE shot and killed the Puma. More money was raised to care for the orphaned cougar cubs than was raised for the children of the slain single mother. go figure

I missed the money comparison- you can of course cite a source for that...

Then again unless that jogger was an orphan she had a family to help take care of her children, along with the grand and glorious social safety net we humans have that animals don't...

go figure... :peace

I missed the money comparison- you can of course cite a source for that...

Then again unless that jogger was an orphan she had a family to help take care of her children, along with the grand and glorious social safety net we humans have that animals don't...

go figure... :peace

You can find it yourself. If you are going to constantly deny or doubt even stuff that really is not all that controversial, learn to use google

You can find it yourself. If you are going to constantly deny or doubt even stuff that really is not all that controversial, learn to use google

I did try Google and found NO such article... when some have a track record of ahhh let's just call it gilding the lily to make rather silly statements I tend to ask if they can back their claims up. most of the time they do when they have the facts on their side... if they don't then they ahhhh say what you just did... :peace

I did try Google and found NO such article... when some have a track record of ahhh let's just call it gilding the lily to make rather silly statements I tend to ask if they can back their claims up. most of the time they do when they have the facts on their side... if they don't then they ahhhh say what you just did... :peace

what is funny is that I have a great memory and remember this. I doubt it would still be something easily recovered. and there are people who dispute anything even if they don't have a good faith belief that there is any dispute

what is funny is that I have a great memory and remember this. I doubt it would still be something easily recovered. and there are people who dispute anything even if they don't have a good faith belief that there is any dispute

Trump says the EXACT same thing- he has a great memory and remembers these things- such as people he met, things he saw, things he did- but there is no record of any of it... :roll:

Trump says the EXACT same thing- he has a great memory and remembers these things- such as people he met, things he saw, things he did- but there is no record of any of it... :roll:

Its something I remembered hearing about. if you can prove I made it up-be my guest. ITs not worth the ranting I see over it.

The killings drew outrage in Kenya and online, and they highlighted the threat posed to wildlife by the loss of their habitat to expanding development.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/02/world/africa/dead-lion-kenya-lemek-mohawk.html?_r=0

I see more outrage over these two lions, then I do for all the terrorists around the world.......

It's possible to be outraged over both, you know.

When Katrina hit someone I know well sent a $500 check to the SPCA. I was amazed, thrilled, and grateful all at once--all the homeless and injured pets in New Orleans had never even occurred to me. :3oops:

"The US Fish and Wildlife Service has added African lions to the endangered species list. Two subspecies of African lions are being provided protection under the Endangered Species Act in order to discourage hunters from bringing lion trophies into the US."

https://www.rt.com/usa/326937-african-lions-endangered-species/

It took all of four minutes to find but here you go Notquiteright

For Concern, Orphans Run 2nd To Lion Cub - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

At the end of last week, when it was reported that the cub had received $21,000 while the children's trust fund had raised only $9,000, many residents of Placerville, near the site of the killing, expressed shock and complained about skewed priorities.

"It's hard for us to hear how the lion cub is getting more money," said Jill Baker, a spokeswoman for the Placerville U.S. Bank of California, where the children's trust fund has been set up. "We look at the kids-they don't even know what's happened to them-and we say, `Good heavens!' "

I don't think anybody is required to care about endangered species or Kenya, but I'm glad that some people do.

i don't need to shoot a lion to feel like a man. i've done much harder **** than that.

why as an american do i care about the problems in KENYA?

The thread is in the Africa section so why come to the Africa section to say you as an American don't care about problems in Kenya?

Oh jeez.

I hate hunting for sport.

But anyone who regularly eats meat and then turns around and flips out about this killing is a hypocrite on this subject, IMO.

You are perfectly fine with rows of cows and pigs slaughtered for your culinary pleasure...but if someone kills one cat, you freak out.

:roll:

Then all you've demonstrated is that you misunderstand why people are outraged over the killing of the lion.

Back
Top Bottom