• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second gentleman Doug Emhoff tests positive for Covid-19

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
(CNN)Second gentleman Doug Emhoff tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday, according to a statement from the vice president's office.
"Earlier today, the Second Gentleman tested positive for Covid-19," said Sabrina Singh, deputy press secretary for Vice President Kamala Harris. "Out of an abundance of caution, the Vice President will not participate in tonight's event. The Vice President tested negative for Covid-19 today and will continue to test."
Emhoff's positive test is the first known case of Covid-19 among the first or second families since President Joe Biden and Harris took office in January 2021.

SO many questions about masking, social distancing, vaccines and boosters, super-spreader events, cocktail parties, etc.

Get well soon!

Remember boys and girls to get your shots if not you may catch Covid if you get it you also will catch Covid but you can tweet how cool you are for getting an illness you’ve been vaccinated and boosted against.

As with anyone with Covid hope they have a speedy and full recovery.

Hopefully he recovers quickly and doesn't spread this to anyone else. Covid kills.

SO many questions about masking, social distancing, vaccines and boosters, super-spreader events, cocktail parties, etc.

Get well soon!
Masking turns out to be mostly ineffective at reducing the spread, but arguably better than nothing. Depends on the mask though. Some are more effective than others.
Social distancing works to reduce the spread of contagious diseases generally, and definitely Covid.
Vaccines and boosters reduce the strength of the symptoms and length of time to recover if you get Covid.
Super-spreader events are large gatherings of people who don't maintain social distancing, thus resulting in Covid spreading rapidly among them, and beyond them to others they come in contact with later. Cocktail parties may or may not qualify depending on specifics.

Remember boys and girls to get your shots if not you may catch Covid if you get it you also will catch Covid but you can tweet how cool you are for getting an illness you’ve been vaccinated and boosted against.

As with anyone with Covid hope they have a speedy and full recovery.
We have a poster on this forum, unvaccinated who tested positive for covid, spent time in the hospital, felt like he was gonna die, (his words) and spent 3 weeks in recovery.
My daughter, vaccinated but not boosted, tested positive for covid, had a mild fever and chills for 2 days, a bad cough for a few days.
Assuming we are all going to get covid at some point, which experience would you prefer?

We have a poster on this forum, unvaccinated who tested positive for covid, spent time in the hospital, felt like he was gonna die, (his words) and spent 3 weeks in recovery.
My daughter, vaccinated but not boosted, tested positive for covid, had a mild fever and chills for 2 days, a bad cough for a few days.
Assuming we are all going to get covid at some point, which experience would you prefer?
Then we should not be calling it a vaccine as it’s not one but rather a treatment.

Then we should not be calling it a vaccine as it’s not one but rather a treatment.
No, a treatment is administered after you get the disease, the vaccine won't help treat you after you contract it.
You failed to answer the question, which outcome would you prefer?

No, a treatment is administered after you get the disease, the vaccine won't help treat you after you contract it.
You failed to answer the question, which outcome would you prefer?

The second and as a healthy individual with no litigating factors that’s what it will likely be.

The second and as a healthy individual with no litigating factors that’s what it will likely be.
In the county next to mine a 16 year old high school athlete contracted covid and died. No co-morbidities.

No, it is a vaccine, and fulfills all definitions of one. Vaccines have different rates of efficacy.
No it doesn’t unless you do a lot of stretching of terms.

In the county next to mine a 16 year old high school athlete contracted covid and died. No co-morbidities.
Cool story both my grandparents in there 90s had it only found out because doctors tested before a procedure, they had a list of co-morbidoties. The one size fits all solution was never going to work as advertised.

Cool story both my grandparents in there 90s had it only found out because doctors tested before a procedure, they had a list of co-morbidoties. The one size fits all solution was never going to work as advertised.
I wouldn't take the gamble myself.

It's a vaccine. Medical procedures aren't reclassified to fit within the false preconceptions of ignorant laypeople. Get over your absurd belief that a vaccine must be 100% effective.

It's a vaccine. Medical procedures aren't reclassified to fit within the false preconceptions of ignorant laypeople. Get over your absurd belief that a vaccine must be 100% effective.
Who said anything about 100% effective there are enough break through cases to question is effectiveness

Wishing all who've tested positive a speedy recovery.

What exactly do you not understand about the bolded items?

I was told this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated; mouth-breathing Trumpers, political rallies, people who hate science.

Apparently the second gentleman is an imbecile. Also, isn't Second Gentleman a title that represents oppression and entitled privilege?

Why haven't democrats torn down that institution and replaced it with spouse or domestic partner??

What's your favorite color?
Ahh, so when you said "so many questions" about the thread topic, you were just lying. Got it.

I was told this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated; mouth-breathing Trumpers, political rallies, people who hate science.
And you are admitting that you interpret this as saying "literally only Trumpers ever get covid."

LOL

I would have kept that to myself, personally. Way to be open and unafraid, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom