• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second gentleman Doug Emhoff tests positive for Covid-19

Who said anything about 100% effective there are enough break through cases to question is effectiveness
Where in any medical journal does amount of breakthrough cases determine if something is a vaccine or not? Please present that here.

No it doesn’t unless you do a lot of stretching of terms.
You are the one changing terms or rather believing the bullshit others have told you about what makes something a vaccine so that they could simply discount these vaccines, crap on them.

It just seems as daft an appellation as 'first lady'. How do you address her; Mrs.Biden, Mrs.First Lady?
I'm no expert on protocol but I believe it's just a title. So the First Lady is introduced as "The First Lady of the United States' but is addressed by name.

That's unlike the president whose title is also a form of address. He's addressed as "Mr. President".

It's much simpler than what you guys have what with your Sirs, and Dames and all those rules around who gets to be called "Sir" and who can only add a couple of initials after their name. And let's not get started on Princes and Processes and Queens and Consorts and Queen Mothers etc ad nauseam

It is a vaccine. Vaccine does not mean prevents illness, as none completely prevent illness. This is especially true if previous infection of that virus does not keep you from being able to be reinfected.

Vaccines prompt your immune system with instructions on how to fight the virus/illness. That is what a vaccine does. It does not prevent infection 100%. You and others simply have the wrong idea about what a vaccine does.

Are you even aware that you can take the smallpox vaccine after exposure to reduce your symptoms? How about the fact that the smallpox vaccine has been shown to not always work to prevent illness but does work very well (not 100% even here though, since the last person to die from smallpox was vaccinated as a child) to reduce symptoms? And the word vaccine derives itself from "cow", because they used cowpox originally as a vaccine for smallpox.
The routine low efficacy of the flu vaccine is why so many don’t take it. Corona will be no different

Second gentleman Doug Emhoff tests positive for Covid-19

SO many questions about masking, social distancing, vaccines and boosters, super-spreader events, cocktail parties, etc.

Get well soon!
The point with EASING of mask mandates is that we have vaccines that are highly effective in preventing hospitalization and severe Covid disease.

Are you suggesting that post full vaccination that certain people should be prohibited from enjoying normal unrestricted activities?

Are you in a place that has significant restrictions still?

I'm no expert on protocol but I believe it's just a title. So the First Lady is introduced as "The First Lady of the United States' but is addressed by name.

That's unlike the president whose title is also a form of address. He's addressed as "Mr. President".

It's much simpler than what you guys have what with your Sirs, and Dames and all those rules around who gets to be called "Sir" and who can only add a couple of initials after their name. And let's not get started on Princes and Processes and Queens and Consorts and Queen Mothers etc ad nauseam
The weirdest one is Princess Michael. The moniker is the result of some obscure quirk of nobility, and completely meaningless to those of us living in the real world.

Bullshit Biden claimed you can’t spread Covid if your vaccinated, that was the party lie being repeated by people like Rachel over on MSNBC. Just because you choose to ignore what people said doesn’t mean it never happened.
It makes it much harder, that is not a lie.

Think of a vaccine like a sniper for your immune system. Trying to hit things like polio are very easy, they are basically a static target but COVID is running around in a zigzag pattern and hiding in the foliage. Think of getting more doses as your body becoming a better sniper, but even the best snipers can still miss a shot, especially when they have multiple targets to hit, i.e. being in constant contact with potentially infected like the first gentleman or past president.

As many in the medical field have stated, we all have a date with COVID19. It's not a matter of if, but of when. So vaccinated or not, we're all going to have to deal with it sooner or later. I've no idea why it's being reported when specific people contracting this disease. It's not reported with people contract the flu, is it?

Think of a vaccine like a sniper for your immune system. Trying to hit things like polio are very easy, they are basically a static target but COVID is running around in a zigzag pattern and hiding in the foliage. Think of getting more doses as your body becoming a better sniper, but even the best snipers can still miss a shot, especially when they have multiple targets to hit, i.e. being in constant contact with potentially infected like the first gentleman or past president.
Additional doses, beyond the first two, haven't not been shown to be hugely effective and have a reduce time of efficacy. We also don't know if more shots (more than 3) could begin to impede the immune systems ability to act. This is all still being studied.

What we do know is the best protection is natural immunity, although I'd never suggest anyone goes out and purposefully get themselves infected. No one know how they'll react to this disease.

Also, we get most of our vaccines during childhood for a reason. Our bodies, our immune systems are much better at remembering, recording the information that is needed to fight off those viruses when we are younger than when we are older (just as we are able to ourselves learn better when younger compared to older).

On top of that, people tend to not realize or dismiss just how many times we have to get vaccinated, shots or doses, for various other viruses/diseases when we are younger. It isn't one shot and bam, no longer have to worry about that virus. Between birth and 6 years old, my oldest (I'm looking at his vaccination record in front of me) had so many vaccines (over 20, some were multiple in one, so that really isn't how many shots he got). Almost all have multiple entries or spots for multiple shots to be given. Hep B has 3, DTaP has 5 slots, Pneumococcal conjugate has 4, as does polio. Some have 2 only, but none (of the long lasting) have just a single shot and done.

Remember boys and girls to get your shots if not you may catch Covid if you get it you also will catch Covid but you can tweet how cool you are for getting an illness you’ve been vaccinated and boosted against.

As with anyone with Covid hope they have a speedy and full recovery.
Got vaccinated the 20th of march. Tested positive the first of February.

Didn’t get sick though. Absent the test at work I never would have known I had it.

Now I have ultimate immunity.

Your post is stupid.

The vaccine performed as advertised.

Unfortunately you somehow missed all the ads

Who said anything about 100% effective there are enough break through cases to question is effectiveness
And the percentage of breakthroughs that result in severe illness or death?

Statistics say few, as expected.

Narratives, telling part of the story, and only part of the story.

For power and profit.

Omicron is still being studied, so numbers are likely to change. This article suggests 70% effective. And they're in the process of developing Omicron specific vaccines. You are just assuming that vaccines are useless because of your politics. Have you considered waiting for the data, or at least looking up the preliminary stuff, before spreading your fantasies around this site?

Fantasy? Each article to post the numbers are lower, you are only proving my point

Got vaccinated the 20th of march. Tested positive the first of February.

Didn’t get sick though. Absent the test at work I never would have known I had it.

Now I have ultimate immunity.

Your post is stupid.

The vaccine performed as advertised.

Unfortunately you somehow missed all the ads
If you want to lie at least make it a believable one

If you want to lie at least make it a believable one
I would be happy to provide proof. Perhaps we could arrange for a mod to see my personal information? You could pick, I trust them.

I lost nearly two thousand dollars in missed work as a result of that positive test. So your bullshit falls on annoyed ears.

I would be happy to provide proof. Perhaps we could arrange for a mod to see my personal information? You could pick, I trust them.
Your personal information has nothing to do with your lie not being believabl, unless your one of those arragan pricks that thinks your job impresses anyone on an anonymous internet site. Get over yourself and your inflated sense of self worth. No one cares about your job. Just make better lies

Fantasy? Each article to post the numbers are lower, you are only proving my point
Your "point" is that the vaccines are not effective. 70% is still very effective. So yes, your "point" is a fantasy.

Your personal information has nothing to do with your lie not being believabl, unless your one of those arragan pricks that thinks your job impresses anyone on an anonymous internet site. Get over yourself and your inflated sense of self worth. No one cares about your job. Just make better lies
What exactly is the lie? Y’all’s nonsense is so abysmally stupid it’s sometimes hard to translate into useful communication. I have proof of the vaccination and of my positive test at work. My roommate would provide an affidavit that he and his girlfriend did get sick. You guys like affidavits.

What exactly is the lie? Y’all’s nonsense is so abysmally stupid it’s sometimes hard to translate into useful communication. I have proof of the vaccination and of my positive test at work. My roommate would provide an affidavit that he and his girlfriend did get sick. You guys like affidavits.
Ok so good for you on having proof the vaccine did not prevent you from getting Covid

Ok so good for you on having proof the vaccine did not prevent you from getting Covid
It did keep me from even knowing, though. Which is all I ever asked or expected, really.

Nice attempt at a pivot though. Too bad I countered it before you did it.

You know, allowing folks to feed you narratives leaves you vulnerable to opponents familiar with that particular narrative. They will be able to use arguments you were not prepared for.

We do it to y’all all the time. And find it funny.

We laugh, and the creators of your narratives do too. They just get paid for it. So much misplaced rage.

It did keep me from even knowing, though. Which is all I ever asked or expected, really.

Nice attempt at a pivot though. Too bad I countered it before you did it.

You know, allowing folks to feed you narratives leaves you vulnerable to opponents familiar with that particular narrative. They will be able to use arguments you were not prepared for.

We do it to y’all all the time. And find it funny.

We laugh, and the creators of your narratives do too. They just get paid for it. So much misplaced rage.
If the shots were marketed with that level of honesty that would have been great. Instead we had politicians proclaiming the shots would prevent you from catching or passing on Covid, and as the data proved that wasn’t exactly true the same politicians scratch their heads wondering why some people don’t trust them

The second and as a healthy individual with no litigating factors that’s what it will likely be.
Litigating? So in addition to being poorly informed about covid, you are also an attorney?

If the shots were marketed with that level of honesty that would have been great. Instead we had politicians proclaiming the shots would prevent you from catching or passing on Covid, and as the data proved that wasn’t exactly true the same politicians scratch their heads wondering why some people don’t trust them
Politician: "Seatbelts will protect you in a collision!"

Idiots: "Wow! I'll start wearing a seatbelt because I view brief political speeches as a the ideal source of complicated scientific information."

Scientists: "According to the latest statistics and studies (which are available to the public and constantly being updated) seatbelts will improve your chances of survival by about 70%."

Idiots 6 months later: "People are still dying in car crashes even with seatbelts, so they must be useless! The politician said they would protect me. It's all dishonest marketing!"

Back
Top Bottom