• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SEC Charges Ken Paxton With Securities Fraud

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been charged in federal court with allegedly misleading investors in a technology company.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filed the charges Monday in a Sherman-based court. They are similar to the allegations Paxton faces in a pending indictment handed up by a Collin County grand jury last year.

This charge does not add to the 3 felony indictments Paxton is already facing at the state level, but adds a Federal civil action to Paxton's headaches. Paxton is claiming he is innocent, but the following is very damning because he actually admits he did the same crime on another occasion:

In May 2014, the state securities board fined Paxton for similar conduct. At that time, Paxton, who was then running for attorney general, admitted he solicited clients for an investment firm without disclosing that he would be paid a percentage of the fees the firm collected from their business.

To make this short, Paxton is screwed, any way you look at it. Doubtful he will get any prison time, though. The Federal charge is a civil action, and Republicans in Texas know how to take care of their own. If it were you or me, we would be looking at hard time, but Paxton will get a break because of his connections and money.

Article is here.

Another article is here.

Last edited:
So he is gonna get that famous good old white rich boys Texan justice? So he is the next governor?

So he is gonna get that famous good old white rich boys Texan justice? So he is the next governor?

Just love the racial accusations from across the pond.

Let me know when Denmark, or Germany, or England, or France has its first black prime minister, or has two Cubans leading the charge for its conservative party.

Europe is as bad as Boston. You put on this fake diversity face, then rat-hole all your minorities into sectioned-off neighborhoods and give them no political voice whatsoever.

Just love the racial accusations from across the pond.

Let me know when Denmark, or Germany, or England, or France has its first black prime minister, or has two Cubans leading the charge for its conservative party.

First off, the % of "black" in our populations is considerably lower than in the US.

Secondly, when the US has its first female leader.. you know a person that represents 50% of the population sex wise.. then let me know..

Thirdly, what does Cubans have to do with anything?

Fourth... Texas justice is more like injustice when it comes to minorities. Mexicans being denied consular help and get executed is just one of many issues with Texan justice. Now keeping GOP members out of jail, that is pretty much standard procedure in Texas regardless of the crime..

First off, the % of "black" in our populations is considerably lower than in the US.

Secondly, when the US has its first female leader.. you know a person that represents 50% of the population sex wise.. then let me know..

Thirdly, what does Cubans have to do with anything?

Fourth... Texas justice is more like injustice when it comes to minorities. Mexicans being denied consular help and get executed is just one of many issues with Texan justice. Now keeping GOP members out of jail, that is pretty much standard procedure in Texas regardless of the crime..

It's only 13 percent of our population, too.

You mean like Condi Rice or Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State? Or perhaps Loretta Lynch, Ann Richards, Nancy Pelosi, Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, Michelle Bachman, Elizabeth Warren......?

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are Cubans. And they are in the CONSERVATIVE party.

Mexicans who get executed committed murder. Don't get caught up in unicorn stories.

This charge does not add to the 3 felony indictments Paxton is already facing at the state level, but adds a Federal civil action to Paxton's headaches. Paxton is claiming he is innocent, but the following is very damning because he actually admits he did the same crime on another occasion:

To make this short, Paxton is screwed, any way you look at it. Doubtful he will get any prison time, though. The Federal charge is a civil action, and Republicans in Texas know how to take care of their own. If it were you or me, we would be looking at hard time, but Paxton will get a break because of his connections and money.

Article is here.

Another article is here.

I loved the assertion that the 100,000 shares were just a 'gift' and NOT a commission for raising close to a $million... LMAO.

I think we need to leave the racial implications out of it. What we have is the head of law enforcement in Texas who also happens to be a crook. So the real question is should he file charges on himself? LOL.

It's only 13 percent of our population, too.

That is quite a lot...

You mean like Condi Rice or Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State? Or perhaps Loretta Lynch, Ann Richards, Nancy Pelosi, Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, Michelle Bachman, Elizabeth Warren......?

That was about all of them no? And seriously.. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman? :)

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are Cubans. And they are in the CONSERVATIVE party.

No they are Americans. They are white and male. Rubio might be able to go unnoticed in Spanish Harlem or Little Havana, but come on.. the only "hispanic" Cruz has going for him is his last name.

Mexicans who get executed committed murder. Don't get caught up in unicorn stories.

Yes but they were denied their international right of consular help by the state of Texas despite the protests of the Feds and Mexicans. I could care less if they were guilty or not guilty of whatever crime they did but I fully expect that the US lives up to its international obligations for foreign citizens who are accused of a crime. Texas did not... and that is disgraceful and a threat to all Americans travelling abroad.

I think we need to leave the racial implications out of it. What we have is the head of law enforcement in Texas who also happens to be a crook. So the real question is should he file charges on himself? LOL.

Of course, and he should appoint the investigators himself and try to get the correct judge.

That is quite a lot...

That was about all of them no? And seriously.. Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman? :)

No they are Americans. They are white and male. Rubio might be able to go unnoticed in Spanish Harlem or Little Havana, but come on.. the only "hispanic" Cruz has going for him is his last name.

Yes but they were denied their international right of consular help by the state of Texas despite the protests of the Feds and Mexicans. I could care less if they were guilty or not guilty of whatever crime they did but I fully expect that the US lives up to its international obligations for foreign citizens who are accused of a crime. Texas did not... and that is disgraceful and a threat to all Americans travelling abroad.

Thanks.

After reading all that gibberish, I won the point even more than I originally thought. Cool.

Thanks.

After reading all that gibberish, I won the point even more than I originally thought. Cool.

LOL well dont let the facts get in your way... Do you know how many countries have more women in the top legislative branch than the US? 94... and that includes Saudi Arabia!

Women in Parliaments: World Classification

You might be happy with your 19.4% women in the House and 20% in the Senate, but against European and other countries.... it is rather pathetic. Oh and how man of them are from the GOP and how many minorities do conservatives have as elected officials... so sorry but the GOP is the white male party... no doubt about that and Texas reflects that.

LOL well dont let the facts get in your way... Do you know how many countries have more women in the top legislative branch than the US? 94... and that includes Saudi Arabia!

Women in Parliaments: World Classification

You might be happy with your 19.4% women in the House and 20% in the Senate, but against European and other countries.... it is rather pathetic. Oh and how man of them are from the GOP and how many minorities do conservatives have as elected officials... so sorry but the GOP is the white male party... no doubt about that and Texas reflects that.

And now you're arguing that women in Saudi Arabia are better treated and have more opportunity than in America.

IF ONLY WOMEN WERE ALLOWED TO DRIVE A CAR IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Wow. You are seriously deranged.

Look at George Bush's cabinet members and get back to me, Tonto.

And now you're arguing that women in Saudi Arabia are better treated and have more opportunity than in America.

IF ONLY WOMEN WERE ALLOWED TO DRIVE A CAR IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Wow. You are seriously deranged.

Look at George Bush's cabinet members and get back to me, Tonto.

No I am saying that more women are elected to the legislative branch in Saudi Arabia vs the US. It is a simple fact. I did not state anywhere that women were better treated or anything remotely close to that. Nor did I say that the women in Saudi Arabia were elected democratically.. it is actually a quota system. Regardless, there are 93 countries ahead of the US on this point... hell even France has more female members of the legislative branch and France is very male dominated in politics...

And so what about Bushs cabinet members... plenty of other countries have female ministers. Spain had a female minister of Defense. Denmark, UK, Germany had female leaders.

Back
Top Bottom