• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sebelius: Administration Has a Lot of 'Reeducation' To Do on Obamacare

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The Weekly Standard said:
BY Mary Katharine Ham
August 30, 2010 6:50 PM

Uncertain whether the last 18 months of dismal health-care speeches and rallies had entirely destroyed the myth of the Obama administration as gifted, uplifting message mavens, Kathleen Sebelius bravely ventured into the rhetorical orchards and brought forth this rotten fruit:

“Unfortunately, there still is a great deal of confusion about what is in [the reform law] and what isn’t,” Sebelius told ABC News Radio in an interview Monday.

“So, we have a lot of reeducation to do,” Sebelius said.

Cult of competence, I believe they were once called.

One is left wondering if this will be a standard PSA-style push or something more along the lines of a camp environment. This Healthcare.gov video offers a pretty clear look at the end result of reeducation efforts. Start studying, keep the eyes vacant, the accent regionally neutral, and the tone uniformly, creepily pleasant while repeating your Obama talking points, folks. LINK

Re-education efforts. That's a loaded and unfortunate word to use. Re-education brings up references to Soviet and Chinese 20th century camps where those who didn't agree with the new programs were enthusiastically urged to reconsider their views. We cannot have dissidents spreading misinformation around about Obama Care can we? :doh

Really --- how utterly ignorant, insensitive and stupid is Sebelius using such a loaded word - even by mistake? Faux pas? **** yeah. I have to give some credit though - they continue to try and sell crap to people who have clearly stated they do not like it and do not want it.

You won't find this one on MSNBC... :lamo

Never mind that if they had actually given anyone time to read the whole package and debated it out line-by-line in the open, there wouldn't be this "confusion." That's what you get when you have to pass a law to find out what's in it.

We'll call that yet another unforced error.

I think it's time for the administration to take a few dozen classes in behavior economics, to see why people are opposed to this bill.

It would be a great start in actually fixing things.

I think it's time for the administration to take a few dozen classes in behavior economics, to see why people are opposed to this bill.

It would be a great start in actually fixing things.

I love it when they have Tzars running about, folks running branches of government that are Commi's, others that swoon over Mao, War rooms for everything but war, admit crisis is an opportunity to try and (sleazily) shove through unAmerican legislation, watch the Justice Dept. fumble dealing with terrorists and the Black Panthers, and then talk about "reeducation".

Must make the Marxists all warm and fuzzy inside.

Duck and cover.

Last edited:
I love it when they have Tzars running about, folks running branches of government that are Commi's, others that swoon over Mao, War rooms for everything but war, admit crisis is an opportunity to try and (sleazily) shove through unAmerican legislation, watch the Justice Dept. fumble dealing with terrorists and the Black Panthers, and then talk about "reeducation".

Must make the Marxists all warm and fuzzy inside.

Duck and cover.

Psst.

Reagan has Czars. It's not a real title.

More on-topic, it was a pretty poor choice of words, but the message itself is correct: Americans as a whole have a very poor understanding of the health care bill. (gee, I wonder where they got the idea that there are death panels?) When explained, support for it jumps significantly.

Maybe you wont find it on MSNBC because what you're discussing is beside the point?

Last edited:
Re-education efforts. That's a loaded and unfortunate word to use. Re-education brings up references to Soviet and Chinese 20th century camps where those who didn't agree with the new programs were enthusiastically urged to reconsider their views. We cannot have dissidents spreading misinformation around about Obama Care can we? :doh

Really --- how utterly ignorant, insensitive and stupid is Sebelius using such a loaded word - even by mistake? Faux pas? **** yeah. I have to give some credit though - they continue to try and sell crap to people who have clearly stated they do not like it and do not want it.

You won't find this one on MSNBC... :lamo

Since we all know that he isn't talking about those kind of camps, at least I hope we all know that, whats the point of this topic? Someone used a word which perhaps wasn't the best choice for convincing someone about something or other? Stop the presses its front page news!

Psst.

Reagan has Czars. It's not a real title.

More on-topic, it was a pretty poor choice of words, but the message itself is correct: Americans as a whole have a very poor understanding of the health care bill. (gee, I wonder where they got the idea that there are death panels?) When explained, support for it jumps significantly.

Maybe you wont find it on MSNBC because what you're discussing is beside the point?

I thought we would love it when we got to know it. That was their claim.

Well, people got to know "it" and don't like it anymore now than we did in 1992 when Hillary was running secret meetings and panels about our medical future.

Re-education is the right term, because what we learned from the bill they passed without reading it is a monstrosity.

Nov. 2 will tell us how much re-education has occurred... LOL.

I thought we would love it when we got to know it. That was their claim.

Well, people got to know "it" and don't like it anymore now than we did in 1992 when Hillary was running secret meetings and panels about our medical future.

Re-education is the right term, because what we learned from the bill they passed without reading it is a monstrosity.

Nov. 2 will tell us how much re-education has occurred... LOL.

If you'd read my post you'd have seen that I was saying exactly that: When Americans "get to know" the healthcare bill, their support for it jumps significantly. Easily a majority.

Your "will of the people" argument depends on an ignorant population. Is that how you really want to govern?

Back
Top Bottom