• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle University dean placed on administrative leave amid student protests

Re: Too many ‘dead white dudes’? Seattle U students protest program’s curriculum

I don't know. I typically encourage people to demand change in the face of what they believe in wrong, rather than just run away from it.

Silly in this case however where attendance is strictly voluntary and the educational alternatives are numerous and varied.

Re: Too many ‘dead white dudes’? Seattle U students protest program’s curriculum

Actually, Arabs invented algebra and astronomy while Europe was embroiled in the dark ages, fighting the plague, and burning witches at the stake.

And look where the arab world is at now.

Somebody give these whiny ****ers some diapers before they wet themselves.

The inmates are running the asylum. So glad I told my kids to go to trade schools.

These days, Trade Schools are the way to go. They are largely uncontaminated by Liberalism and the stupidty that it brings.

I seemed to have missed the thriving societies of Africa, the Middle East, and South America, and their rich histories of accomplishment, inclusion, and technological advancement. The vast majority of notable historical occurrence and achievement has been centered around "dead white dudes." Sorry, but that's just the truth.

Are you serious right now?

Phoenicians, Ancient Egypt, Carthage, Persia, Sumer, Babylon, Maya, Inca, Aztec, Assyria, etc?

I hate liberal reactionaries like these kids as much as the next sane person, but your mind blowing ignorance only emboldens their kind.

The Middle East is literally the birthplace of organized civilization as we know it.

What a stupid comment.

EDIT: I'm honestly kind of pissed right now. You're just as bad as them.

Are you serious right now?

Phoenicians, Ancient Egypt, Carthage, Persia, Sumer, Babylon, Maya, Inca, Aztec, Assyria, etc?

I hate liberal reactionaries like these kids as much as the next sane person, but your mind blowing ignorance only emboldens their kind.

The Middle East is literally the birthplace of organized civilization as we know it.

What a stupid comment.

The only notable thing about Aztec and the Inca is that they formed civilization. While that's certainly notable compared to the backwards savages that surrounded them, it's hardly worth more than a passing mention in a general history of civilization.

Trying to argue that Carthage and Ancient Egypt were examples of African civilization is about as dishonest as arguing that Augustine is an example of a great African philosopher. Those countries weren't made up of negroes.

The only notable thing about Aztec and the Inca is that they formed civilization. While that's certainly notable compared to the backwards savages that surrounded them, it's hardly worth more than a passing mention in a general history of civilization.

Trying to argue that Carthage and Ancient Egypt were examples of African civilization is about as dishonest as arguing that Augustine is an example of a great African philosopher. Those countries weren't made up of negroes.

I see you're not even gonna try to hide your racism and commitment to misinformation today.

Worse than the kids in this story.

If the kids want to study something else, let theme go, where the curriculum is to their taste.
Actually, if they want to take Midievial International Lit than they should take Midieval International Lit. Some places offer advanced degree programs specifically in such pursuits. I know a guy that got his doctorate in Midieval Europen Lit. He languished several years as an adjunct and today runs a loading dock at a WalMart Shipping center. And he still loves Midieval European Lit.

I see you're not even gonna try to hide your racism and commitment to misinformation today.

Worse than the kids in this story.

Typical liberal. Just cry about how the big meanies are wayyyyyyyyycist, and demand they shut up.

Guess what? Reality is racist. Deal with it.

Seriously?

First off, there's actually a lot of evidence to suggest that the Egyptians may have been racially black, or at the very least heavily mixed between African and Semitic influences. Secondly, it's a Hell of a stretch to describe basically any of these original, Middle Eastern, civilizations as having much of anything to do with the paler sorts of Europeans you seem to be talking about.

In any eventuality, what you're missing here is that centers of power shift over time. We European descended peoples may have caught a lucky break in the Columbian Exchange and subsequent Industrial Revolution. That lucky break might have very well provided us the competitive edge necessary to conquer most of the world. However, don't forget, when the Egyptians were building pyramids, and the Chinese were building great walls, we were little better than unwashed and ignorant barbarians.

No one people or society is always better than all others. Such things ultimately go back and forth.

Actually, if they want to take Midievial International Lit than they should take Midieval International Lit. Some places offer advanced degree programs specifically in such pursuits. I know a guy that got his doctorate in Midieval Europen Lit. He languished several years as an adjunct and today runs a loading dock at a WalMart Shipping center. And he still loves Midieval European Lit.

That is certainly fine by me. I prefer modern stuff myself or social sciences.

Typical liberal. Just cry about how the big meanies are wayyyyyyyyycist, and demand they shut up.

I'm not a liberal.

And where did I tell you to shut up? Please spare me the right wing victim routine.

Guess what? Reality is racist. Deal with it.
No, reality is factual. Racism is built on bull****. This is especially funny since you're the one pushing an absurd revisionist interpretation of history because you can't handle basic facts we all learned in a high school, world history class.

You're literally out here denying history and then have the nerve to get on your high horse. If I wasn't familiar with your brand of backwardness, I'd think you were a troll.

Folks like you are wholly counterproductive in any effort to counter the massive wave of hypersensitive nonsense flooding the sphere of young American life. For the simple fact that you're just as bad as them.

Last edited:
Seriously?

First off, there's actually a lot of evidence to suggest that the Egyptians may have been racially black, or at the very least heavily mixed between African and Semitic influences. Secondly, it's a Hell of a stretch to describe basically any of these original, Middle Eastern, civilizations as having much of anything to do with the paler sorts of Europeans you seem to be talking about.

In any eventuality, what you're missing here is that centers of power shift over time. We European descended peoples may have caught a lucky break in the Columbian Exchange and subsequent Industrial Revolution. That lucky break might have very well provided us a competitive edge which allowed us to conquer most of the world. However, don't forget, when the Egyptians were building pyramids, and the Chinese were building great walls, we were little better than unwashed and ignorant barbarians.

No one people or society is always better than all others. Such things ultimately go back and forth.

You are arguing with yourself.

Aside from the bit about the Egyptians, none of that contradicts anything I said in that post. The main point of which was that Africa and the Americas have never been great centers of civilization. That the Asians had their heyday a long time ago is both entirely unquestionable and uninteresting.

I'm not a liberal.

Do you believe that promoting freedom is a proper end of politics?

No, reality is factual. Racism is built on bull****. This is especially funny since you're the one pushing an absurd revisionist interpretation of history because you can't handle basic facts we all learned in a high school, world history class.

You're literally out here denying history and then have the nerve to get on your high horse. If I wasn't familiar with your brand of backwardness, I'd think you were a troll.

And now we get to the part of the argument where the liberal insists that his adversary must simply be ignorant. Never mind that nothing I've said is erroneous, in liberalspeak, ignorant just means "disagreeing with (a particular iteration of) liberalism".

Folks like you are wholly counterproductive in any effort to counter the massive wave of hypersensitive nonsense flooding the sphere of young American life. For the simple fact that you're just as bad as them.

Moderates like yourself are the stooges. Weak opposition to leftist clap-trap will never get anywhere.

Africa has far more native inhabitants that simply 'negroes', m'am.

That you don't know this only speaks to your pig-ignorance and historical illiteracy.

And that's sad, while simultaneously being uproariously funny.

Why would you chose this demeaning route instead of "Aztec history is mostly lost to us so we cant relate to their culture and teach their philosophys that might have existed."

Do you believe that promoting freedom is a proper end of politics?
Obviously.
And now we get to the part of the argument where the liberal insists that his adversary must simply be ignorant. Never mind that nothing I've said is erroneous, in liberalspeak, ignorant just means "disagreeing with (a particular iteration of) liberalism".
You literally lying about basic history.

BTW, did you mean liberal as in Democrat liberal or as in classical liberalism's liberal or this?

Moderates like yourself are the stooges. Weak opposition to leftist clap-trap will never get anywhere.

Yes, basic history is leftist clap-trap.

Last edited:
Obviously.

Then you are, in fact, a liberal.

Do you need me to cite the dictionary?

You literally lying about basic history.

What have I said that is false?

BTW, did you mean liberal as in Democrat liberal or as in classical liberalism's liberal?

By liberal I meant liberal. What particular brand of liberal you are is uninteresting to me. The SJWs are just the modern version of people who went around tar-and-feathering loyalists.

Why would you chose this demeaning route instead of "Aztec history is mostly lost to us so we cant relate to their culture and teach their philosophys that might have existed."

I prefer to stick to what we actually know, rather than speculate about unknowable hypotheticals.

Then you are, in fact, a liberal.

Do you need me to cite the dictionary?
I thought you were talking Democrat.

What have I said that is false?
The Middle East, Africa, and the Americas have nothing to show in terms of achievement, nothing near Europe, anyway.

By liberal I meant liberal. What particular brand of liberal you are is uninteresting to me. The SJWs are just the modern version of people who went around tar-and-feathering loyalists.

Do you feel sorrow for the loyalists, do you think the revolution was a bad idea?

You are arguing with yourself.

Aside from the bit about the Egyptians, none of that contradicts anything I said in that post. The main point of which was that Africa and the Americas have never been great centers of civilization. That the Asians had their heyday a long time ago is both entirely unquestionable and uninteresting.
White supremacists amuse me.

The Middle East, Africa, and the Americas have nothing to show in terms of achievement, nothing near Europe, anyway.

Which is entirely correct. That it offends you notwithstanding.

Do you feel sorrow for the loyalists, do you think the revolution was a bad idea?

Certainly. Finding one's country overtaken by revolutionaries is a terrible situation to find oneself in.

I prefer to stick to what we actually know, rather than speculate about unknowable hypotheticals.

That is EXACTLY what i just said. Except with different words. What you mean to say is "I rather default to a snide attitude"

Exactly. Who were the great minds of the Apaches, Seminoles, and Eskimos? Show me the advanced scholars and societies of Indonesia in the 1300s. The Mayans put together a fascinating calendar, but what else? The Middle East was what it still is, just a warring faction of tribes.

Most of the world was thousands of years behind Greek, Roman, and then European culture and civilization. There's just not a helluva lot to study outside of that.

And the sad part is, these "students" have such a poor background of basic knowledge, they don't even realize this. To them, Plato might as well be a 60s quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.

That isn't really so. Who were the Romans but natives of the Italian peninsula who decided to appropriate everything Greek? Who were the Greeks but a barbarian horde that descended into the Greek Peninsula and appropriated the civilization of the Pelasgians? And who were the Europeans but barbarians that wound up being better at getting stabby than either of them? Who was behind whom in the ancient world is a messy business, but neither the Greeks nor the Romans nor the European barbarians were alone in the world in the prowess of their civilizations.

Back
Top Bottom