• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle Silliness

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Seattle officials call for ban on 'potentially offensive' language | Fox News

Well, "citizen" and "brown bag" are no longer appropriate language in Seattle government. Really?

Is the PC word police going to censor every little, possibly offensive word? Why not focus some of that feel good effort towards solving some real crimes, like balancing their budget ($120mil deficit)? Or prevent others from calling overweight people "Porkchop"?

I was just discussing this very topic with a co worker, while we ate our brown bag lunches. The citizens of this country really need to be more sensitive to the types of words that just could offend some people. The conversation came around to birthdays, and what to get junior for his. I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and get him a dinosaur costume he can wear to the Halloween party. He's really in to dinosaurs just now, and loves to read about how scientists think they've evolved into birds. As for me, I like the idea of ghosts, goblins, and devils. That's what the holiday is all about, after all.

Seattle officials call for ban on 'potentially offensive' language | Fox News

Well, "citizen" and "brown bag" are no longer appropriate language in Seattle government. Really?

Is the PC word police going to censor every little, possibly offensive word? Why not focus some of that feel good effort towards solving some real crimes, like balancing their budget ($120mil deficit)? Or prevent others from calling overweight people "Porkchop"?

Sensitivity Alert

We’ve published quite a few criticisms of local “human rights” or “civil rights” commissions in these pages. And we’re going to keep at it, until they give up their Orwellian ways. Last week, Seattle city agencies received a memo from Elliott Bronstein of their Office for Civil ...

A new low.:eek:

People need to stop controlling each other and stop being so damn sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom