• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle police slugs women in her face due to shaking him?

bennyhill

The Philosoph from Europe
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Were getting some coverage of this nasty crime commited by a Seattle cop commited on a woman.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate the matter through conversation. We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence. It remeinds me of the prisoner in Utah who was killed by firing squad on Friday? Looks like the wild wild west, but Americans dont care how we condem your nasty violence.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

This isn't breaking news and has already been discussed on another thread. Do a search.

Were getting some coverage of this nasty crime commited by a Seattle cop commited on a woman.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate the matter through conversation. We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence. It remeinds me of the prisoner in Utah who was killed by firing squad on Friday? Looks like the wild wild west, but Americans dont care how we condem your nasty violence.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

Just going by your posts here at DP, I'd say it's pretty evident you don't know much.

You mean the girl who assaulted a police officer and tried to interfere with his arresting someone? That girl who got slugged in the face?

Obvious troll is obvious.

Wow - to the bolded - why on earth do you think you "know" that?

Read through responses in the other thread - and note how much people were appalled by his action and support him being held on charges/investigated - how many people claim that you should never hit women, etc etc etc.

Please don't try to label "all Americans" as loving violence when a large part of Americans are outraged when things turn violent.

Would it be fair, accurate or balanced to claim that "all Germans" are Nazi's, support Hitler or are communist?
No - eventhough it's been an issue in your country in the past and there are some people who still cling to it (and they're in the news all the time) we all know very well that it doesn't represent the average German.

Last edited:
What's the story? I didn't see it. But if you do actually assault an officer, you're gonna get beat. It's not necessarily wrong action by the police (I don't know this story and no link was given), they're allowed to protect themselves as well. If you assault someone, even a normal person, there's a good chance you're gonna get popped in the face because of it.

Screw the European way.

How right you are. Why don't you come over for a visit? We'd give you a warm welcome.

Oh Heavens, guys.

I joined several foreign forums purely to combat misconceptions of "Americans" - these snide remarks definitely don't help.

Oh Heavens, guys.

I joined several foreign forums purely to combat misconceptions of "Americans" - these snide remarks definitely don't help.

Benny is just a troll. Almost every thread he starts could be titled "How America Really Sucks" or "Why Europe Rules and America Drools."

There's no point in trying to change his viewpoint, because he isn't intrested in honest debate. He's just here to bash America.

Benny is just a troll. Almost every thread he starts could be titled "How America Really Sucks" or "Why Europe Rules and America Drools."

There's no point in trying to change his viewpoint, because he isn't intrested in honest debate. He's just here to bash America.

fair enough.

I dont think the video needs to be defended by the police. Your living in a very violent country without rules.

To judge your disagreement with the officer is one thing (which I would disagree with your disagreement, and your lame attempt to make it seem like he wasn't being assaulted by a person while trying to take another into custody), its completely different to claim this is "All Americans" and "Americans love violence".

I dont think you need to be reminded of what Germany has done in the not so distant past.....

Wow - to the bolded - why on earth do you think you "know" that?

Read through responses in the other thread - and note how much people were appalled by his action and support him being held on charges/investigated - how many people claim that you should never hit women, etc etc etc.

Please don't try to label "all Americans" as loving violence when a large part of Americans are outraged when things turn violent.

Would it be fair, accurate or balanced to claim that "all Germans" are Nazi's, support Hitler or are communist?
No - eventhough it's been an issue in your country in the past and there are some people who still cling to it (and they're in the news all the time) we all know very well that it doesn't represent the average German.

Damn.... looks like I should read more before posting.... Although I wouldnt have even given any credit to the crazies who want him charged/investigated for a 2v1 scenario.

c'mon everyone, it obvious americans are more bloody thirsty than europeans, just look at their respective death tolls, and how many wars each has had :)

c'mon everyone, it obvious americans are more bloody thirsty than europeans, just look at their respective death tolls, and how many wars each has had :)

We **** people up when they need to be ****ed up.

If you think that its ok to punch a woman under any circomstances in the face by a policemen, then all we can do is shake our heads. Violence creates more violence. Pehaps he should go to church and pray to God for forgiveness.

If you think that its ok to punch a woman under any circomstances in the face by a policemen, then all we can do is shake our heads. Violence creates more violence. Pehaps he should go to church and pray to God for forgiveness.

Punch a person, you mean.

With your balanced and civilized Germany over there I would truly hope you don't continue that fallacy that women are not equal to men - or that women are subject to better treatment.

I absolutely think he was wrong - an officer of the law should be in more control of his actions and emotions, absolutely. Does this hinge on her gender? Nope.

The officer, I think, was just making an affirmative action decision. If a man did that, he'd punch the man. So, not wanting to come off as sexist, he punched the woman.

Please do note the entire situation.

#1 - officer was stationed there because, in that are, there is an extremely HIGH number of fatalities due to people jaywalking
#2 - officer first stopped to men who were jaywalking, he was explaining the exceptionally high danger of them jaywalking on that street.
#3 - While talking to the first two men these two women - jaywalked.
#4 - he called them over to discuss the dangers of jaywalking in that area
#5 - The women both became irate and attempted to leave the area
#6 - the video's contents fiill in the rest.

He was talking with two MEN about this very thing - they were cooperative- nothing happened.
Then the two women who were irate and out of control caused this whole entire mess.

Funny how two men were in control and respectful while the two women were . . . and yet people really cling to "but you should never hit women" thing :shrug:

Now, I still say he was wrong.

I guess you Americans can be lucky he didnt shoot the dames.

Maybe he should just get beat up by a pair of women because of some ***** notion that he isnt allowed to defend himself when a "woman" (and i use that term loosely) decides she wants to attack.

The officer, I think, was just making an affirmative action decision. If a man did that, he'd punch the man. So, not wanting to come off as sexist, he punched the woman.

Because if he didn't punch the woman, then all the feminists would be outraged and they would have had the video all over the news saying, "SEXIST COP FAIL TO PUNCH WOMAN LIKE HE WOULD MAN"
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom