• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle police slugs women in her face due to shaking him?

Shes not showing any leadership. She reacts to problems like federal deficit, euro-crisis, greek crisis, bank crisis, reform from HC, reform SS, but never leads or tells us where the country is going and why we need to accept her policies. We need a man like FDR that could lead, without us going into panic. She behaves like a civil-servant. Were being governed by a people who never had ups and downs like my grandparents generation and their not able to lead under fire. Do you dig?

I think I get what you mean.
Your posts made me interested in German politics so i thought I'd learn more. I really know nothing, right now - such things aren't often talked about in US news.

In response to a news article i just posted someone explained that "liberal" in Germany isn't the same as "liberal" in the USA - you've labeled yourself as "very liberal" - in which sense, USA ideology or German ideology? If you've already discussed this in a post somewhere I'd like to read it.

I follow the Democratic Party: Clinton and Obama. If your read the Hearald Tribune Europe, The Economist Europe or any British newspaper you can get an insight into Germany/ european politics. The FDP in Germany is called the Free Democratic Party and their very close to the American Libertarian Party, which I wouldnt vote for.

I follow the Democratic Party: Clinton and Obama. If your read the Hearald Tribune Europe, The Economist Europe or any British newspaper you can get an insight into Germany/ european politics. The FDP in Germany is called the Free Democratic Party and their very close to the American Libertarian Party, which I wouldnt vote for.

Thank you!

I strongly disagree, but you can see that the situtation got out of countrol and he was alone. In the old days cops always had a buddy. If your land lives under a state of law, then cops cant be permitted to use such violence. His life was not at stake.

So unless a police officer's life is at stake he is supposed to act like a limp baloon and be the public's punching bag until it gets to the point that his life is at stake?

The punch in the face is not lethal force. It was one step above her level of force, which is what police are authorized to use.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate [sic] the matter through conversation. We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary [sic] violence...
We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

Ok, the German police are trained to use as little force as necessary, right?

Please look at this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0uEdG6y5E , (more especially the 0:34 mark) and explain your position again.

Or look at this video, YouTube - Linzer Polizisten im Blutrausch ,and explain your position.

Or this video, YouTube - Polizei lässt Hund auf Demonstranten los , were the German police officer sends his dog after a protester who is running his mouth. Please explain your position again.

Or this video, YouTube - SQUAT- Tempelhof # Besetzung geht schief.....????? , take a look at 1:19 where the police officer kicks a person in the midsection and then takes no further police action. Please tell me how this fits into your initial statement.

And before you go looking for US police overreactions, I acknowledge they exist, but please make sure your nose is clean before you look down it.

After watching the video several times, I think the cop overreacted, though was probably within the technical guidelines for force escalation. But he didn't need to resort to that level of violence to subdue these two idiots. If you ignore the cop/civillian context and think of it strictly as man/woman, if my wife shoved me and I respond by jacking her in the face with a right hook, guess who gets arrested?
This IS about it being a cop/civilian situation and not a man/woman situation. Thats the whole point. She shoved him, he responds with one level above the offender and punches her in the face. Its not a boxing match, you don't get to fairly fight the police at the same level when your being non-compliant. Police are always going to use a level of force above you. Don't like it, don't attack the police.

Interestingly, I found an article that quotes a civillian audit reviewing police disciplinary investigations, and it says this is part of a larger pattern. The report said ...
I find it interesting that the part of the article you quoted shows the problem in itself. The public's refusal to stop for an officer who is ordering them to stop in reference to their jaywalking. Granted I don't find Jaywalking to be the most important crime, but the reason why they are doing it in this specific location was covered in the other thread about this. Anyhow, just because a crime seems minor to the offender does not give them the right to walk off and attack an officer when asked to stop. That is the problem I see. Its a problem with the public who are getting stopped and causing the problems more than a problem with the police.

Were getting some coverage of this nasty crime commited by a Seattle cop commited on a woman.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate the matter through conversation.
And they aren't in the US? What the cop did was illegal. What do one rouge individual's actions have to do with the American law enforcement?

We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence.
Apparently not:

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/images/block11 corpses.jpg

It remeinds me of the prisoner in Utah who was killed by firing squad on Friday? Looks like the wild wild west,
Mhmm

The guillotine remained the official method of execution in France until France abolished the death penalty in 1981.[13] The last guillotining in France was that of torture-murderer Hamida Djandoubi on September 10, 1977.

Guillotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently you guys enjoyed watching public gullotine executions up until 1931. Disgusting. Glad I'm not a barbaric European who gets off to watching people beheaded. :rolleyes:

BTW, this Utah dude requested a firing squad. The same can't be said of all the Europeans that you guys beheaded in public just for show.

but Americans dont care how we condem your nasty violence.
No we don't. Because you're hypocrites who don't live in the real world. Duh.

You guys killed millions more and committed way more barbaric acts than the US ever has. Auschwitz, Stalin, WWI, just to name a few. Ad up the body counts from the Holocaust and Stalin as well as your stupid little World Wars, and compare them to America's. The figures won't be in your favor.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged.
I know that your own boys Hitler and Stalin have killed more of their fellow Europeans than the US has.

Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.
It's sad that I know white trash rednecks who look like Einstein in comparison to you - literally.

Last edited:
And they aren't in the US? What the cop did was illegal. What do one rouge individual's actions have to do with the American law enforcement?
Umm.. No what the cop did was not illegal. It was one step above the level of force being used by the offender which is what we are authorized to use. Its not a boxing match, we don't match the level of force used by the offender, we exceed it. You don't have the right to a fair fight with the police.

This IS about it being a cop/civilian situation and not a man/woman situation. Thats the whole point. She shoved him, he responds with one level above the offender and punches her in the face. Its not a boxing match, you don't get to fairly fight the police at the same level when your being non-compliant. Police are always going to use a level of force above you. Don't like it, don't attack the police.

I said several times the officer was probably within the guidelines for force escalation. No argument here. However, I do think is a fair point to say he did not NEED to escalate force in order to subdue her. A typical man can easily subdue a typical woman without resorting to throwing punches, especially if that man is a trained officer and the woman is a fat idiot. Force escalation should be a last resort in situations like this where the officer is in no real danger.

I find it interesting that the part of the article you quoted shows the problem in itself. The public's refusal to stop for an officer who is ordering them to stop in reference to their jaywalking. Granted I don't find Jaywalking to be the most important crime, but the reason why they are doing it in this specific location was covered in the other thread about this. Anyhow, just because a crime seems minor to the offender does not give them the right to walk off and attack an officer when asked to stop. That is the problem I see. Its a problem with the public who are getting stopped and causing the problems more than a problem with the police.

I agree the people who refuse to stop are the cause of the problem, but cops are professionals and should try to de-esculate the situation if at all possible. Some people are going to refuse to de-esculate no matter what, and then force will be necessary. But in most situations, I think an officer who properly trained in de-esculation can defuse the situation and calm an idiot down before force becomes necessary.

I said several times the officer was probably within the guidelines for force escalation. No argument here. However, I do think is a fair point to say he did not NEED to escalate force in order to subdue her. A typical man can easily subdue a typical woman without resorting to throwing punches, especially if that man is a trained officer and the woman is a fat idiot. Force escalation should be a last resort in situations like this where the officer is in no real danger.

I agree the people who refuse to stop are the cause of the problem, but cops are professionals and should try to de-esculate the situation if at all possible. Some people are going to refuse to de-esculate no matter what, and then force will be necessary. But in most situations, I think an officer who properly trained in de-esculation can defuse the situation and calm an idiot down before force becomes necessary.

You seem to be forgetting that he was already trying to control one girl when the second one interfered. It's not like he just hauled off and slugged her for the hell of it. It doesn't take too much imagination to see a 2 against 1 situation quickly getting out of hand so the officer de-escalated it by taking the second offender out of the picture.

We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

"Nie całkiem tak różne, jak myślisz." -5 million Poles

Back
Top Bottom