• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle police slugs women in her face due to shaking him?

I guess you Americans can be lucky he didnt shoot the dames.

No reason to shoot her, she was not using lethal force.

Lets not get carried away and go beyond the realm of common mother ****ing sense.

I guess you Americans can be lucky he didnt shoot the dames.

Why do you claim that you, coming from Germany, are more 'socialized' when all you do on this forum is toss around false accusation, try to cause problems, and point fingers?

I didn't really see it before - but when someone pointed this out to me I read quite a few of your other posts and see your fallacy, and your hypocrisy.

You claim we love violence.
I believe you love to try to pick a fight.

Now, I still say he was wrong.

Nothing wrong about what he did.

Police are not the public's punching bags. Im not getting attacked and standing there doing nothing about it. Im also not going to let someone just go because they don't want to cooperate. He did everything right.
He got assaulted, he attacked back. A push/shove is an assault.

The seattle pig, I mean cop could have locked himself in his car and thus avoided unecessary force.

The seattle pig, I mean cop could have locked himself in his car and thus avoided unecessary force.

Yes. Lets just allow people do act and do whatever they want if they decide to get violent against law enforcement... enforcing laws.

Punching her wouldn't have been necessary to get the two women under control :shrug: It was an excessive use of violence - but he didn't have to turn his back and let her walk away and 'get away with it'

But I've already debated this in the other thread and see no need to do it here.

Was there some part of "Benny is just a troll" that y'all didn't get?

There's no point in arguing with him. He's not here for honest debate. He's just here to bash America and see if he can get a rise out of people.

Please don't feed the troll.

Punching her wouldn't have been necessary to get the two women under control :shrug: It was an excessive use of violence - but he didn't have to turn his back and let her walk away and 'get away with it'

But I've already debated this in the other thread and see no need to do it here.

She walked away but didn't go far. She was ultimately arrested.

Since I don't see a link, its hard to speak to the specifics of this incident. But I'll take a stab at it (and ignore the troll in the room).

If the woman actually attacked an officer, then he was completely within his rights to respond in self defense and with whatever level of force was needed to safely subdue the woman. However, if she just shoved him or even slapped him, then a punch to the face is probably above and beyond the level of force needed. Most male officers can easily subdue most females without having to resort to level of violence. But even if that is the case, I'm not terribly sympathetic to the woman's case.

If you're dumb enough to start a physical altercation with a cop, you kinda deserve what you get. I know I can be hard on cops, but I like to think I'm even harder on stupidity.

Those trolls who beleive in overkill have lost the support in the community.

I strongly disagree, but you can see that the situtation got out of countrol and he was alone. In the old days cops always had a buddy. If your land lives under a state of law, then cops cant be permitted to use such violence. His life was not at stake.

After watching the video several times, I think the cop overreacted, though was probably within the technical guidelines for force escalation. But he didn't need to resort to that level of violence to subdue these two idiots. If you ignore the cop/civillian context and think of it strictly as man/woman, if my wife shoved me and I respond by jacking her in the face with a right hook, guess who gets arrested?

As for the two woman involved, they are idiots. If you're stopped for jaywalking, you don't escalate it to the point where you are technically assaulting an officer. I have feeling they're lucky they got a relatively minor charge of "suspicion of obstructing an officer." And while I feel the cop overreacted, its hard to feel sympathy for the women in this video who so incredibly stupid that they escalate a minor issue like jaywalking to this point. So part of me says they deserve what they got.

Interestingly, I found an article that quotes a civillian audit reviewing police disciplinary investigations, and it says this is part of a larger pattern. The report said ...
What stood out most often was the number of instances in which citizen/officer contact escalated from innocuous to a use of force situation. On many occasions the initial contact was brought about by an allegation of jaywalking which escalated when the citizen failed to comply with the officer's order to stop.

The article also said:
Spearman (who is the auditor, a state appeals judge) went on to recognize that officers often confronted "rude and offensive remarks" when they tried to enforce the law. Nevertheless, he bemoaned officers' reactions, which he said "often ends with a take-down or, on at least one occasion, with the use of a Taser." He recommended additional training in de-escalation techniques.

Recent Police Auditor's Report Says That Jaywalking Stops Often Lead to "Take-Downs" - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

I strongly disagree, but you can see that the situtation got out of countrol and he was alone. In the old days cops always had a buddy. If your land lives under a state of law, then cops cant be permitted to use such violence. His life was not at stake.

If his life had been at stake, the cop would've been justified in pulling out his service revolver and blasting away. Lethal threat = lethal response. Anyone claiming cops should not be allowed to use force unless their lives are threatened isn't living in the real world. Cops need to arrest and subdue people from time to time. Sometimes people resist and cops are justified in using force.

We can debate if this particular incident was excessive or a case of poor judgement, but pretending the only acceptable situation would be when an officer's life is threatened is flat out dishonest. Then again, considering your posts in this thread, I'm not surprised. I probably should stop feeding you.

Do you want a cookie?

Were getting some coverage of this nasty crime commited by a Seattle cop commited on a woman.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate the matter through conversation. We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence. It remeinds me of the prisoner in Utah who was killed by firing squad on Friday? Looks like the wild wild west, but Americans dont care how we condem your nasty violence.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

The woman acted very hostile towards the police officer.If you put your hands on someone in a hostile manner prepared to get your ass kicked. The officer acted appropriately. How dare the scumbag sympathizers try to blow this story out of proportion and try to ruin a police offer who was merely defending himself against a suspect.

Here are some tips on how to avoid a police beating.

I had an incident in my life where I was in the seventh grade and I had just arrived in a new school. In English class a fat bull dyke came up to me and slapped me in the face for absolutely nothing.

I did nothing in return but I was so mad that I sat down and started to cry. I cried not in fear but in anger. It was the only relief I had.

Nothing came of it but to this day I regret not slapping her back.

Were getting some coverage of this nasty crime commited by a Seattle cop commited on a woman.

In Germany cops are trained to use as little force as necessary and try to desecalate the matter through conversation. We in Europe shake our heads at this unecessary violence. It remeinds me of the prisoner in Utah who was killed by firing squad on Friday? Looks like the wild wild west, but Americans dont care how we condem your nasty violence.

We know that most Americans have a thirst for violence and love to see fellow Americans hanged. Its sad to see how different Europe and America are.

I know I will probably get warned for this... but you are complete moron.

The police officer used the appropriate level of force given the circumstances...I notice you did not post the video... did you even watch the whole thing?

As for the guy executed by firing squad, he chose that over lethal injection.

If a police officer is suppose to be a role model to society, then he should be fired. Maybe your policemen dont learn to de-escalate such a situation? I guess you prefer Rambo cops to helper and friend?

If a police officer is suppose to be a role model to society, then he should be fired. Maybe your policemen dont learn to de-escalate such a situation? I guess you prefer Rambo cops to helper and friend?

He did desecalate it in a very professional manner. Go watch the video, the woman is resisting, and the crowd is growing quickly. The best way to deescalate the situation was to quickly end it, which he did, in a professional manner.

I've now read the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany and your opinions make more sense.

After reading about various people in German politics I'm curious as to your thoughts of your Bundeskanzlerin.

The police officer did nothing to make himself a bad role model. The woman was acting hostile and put her hands on the police officer, so the police officer acted in an appropriate manner. I realize that scumbag sympathizers would love it if police were paid to take abuse from people breaking the law, however that would only encourage no one to obey the the police.

I think that the Bundeskanzlerin is incompetent and should be thrown out of office, but that wont happen. But what does that have to do with this thread?

I think that the Bundeskanzlerin is incompetent and should be thrown out of office, but that wont happen. But what does that have to do with this thread?

It has nothing to do with this thread - I'm just curious. I started reading up on Germany as it exists now and realized I've never taken the time to learn more.
Why do you think she's incompetent?

Shes not showing any leadership. She reacts to problems like federal deficit, euro-crisis, greek crisis, bank crisis, reform from HC, reform SS, but never leads or tells us where the country is going and why we need to accept her policies. We need a man like FDR that could lead, without us going into panic. She behaves like a civil-servant. Were being governed by a people who never had ups and downs like my grandparents generation and their not able to lead under fire. Do you dig?

Back
Top Bottom