• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle police officer tells BLM protester he's resigning: 'You guys won'’. I quit!

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Seattle police officer tells Black Lives Matter protester he'''s resigning: '''You guys won''' | Fox News

A Seattle police officer was seen on video telling an apparent Black Lives Matter protester that he was resigning from the department, and saying: “You guys won.”

The footage, which was shared on Twitter on Saturday morning and quickly went viral, shows the uniformed officer pulling his police car up to the protester capturing the moment on cellphone video and asking, “You having a good day today?” to which the person replies, “Not really. You’re around.”

The officer responds by telling the man not to worry, because he’d be leaving the department, video show.

“You guys won,” he says. “Two months, baby, I’m out.

No wonder the protesters feel so emboldened. In Seattle anyway, they have won. I wonder how insurance companies deal with this?

I don’t know why any of them are staying with that department, of Atlanta’s or Portland’s.

I don't know why anyone would want them to...
I believe that you don't know. But that probably says more about your cognitive capabilities than the police departments of said cities.

Seattle police officer tells Black Lives Matter protester he'''s resigning: '''You guys won''' | Fox News

No wonder the protesters feel so emboldened. In Seattle anyway, they have won. I wonder how insurance companies deal with this?

They'll be regretting their actions as soon as they see the violent crime numbers for 2020. But if anyone calls it the "Floyd Effect" much like many called the spike in murders after the Ferguson riots the "Ferguson effect," they will automatically be branded a racist.

I'd just like to point out for the last time that there's a difference between wanting the police to be sliimed down and retrained (which is I think the goal of defund the police) and wanting the entire force disbanded.

I think the US armed forces could be slimmed down and money saved but I don't want the entire US military to be abolished as that'd be crazy.

I'd just like to point out for the last time that there's a difference between wanting the police to be sliimed down and retrained (which is I think the goal of defund the police) and wanting the entire force disbanded.

I think the US armed forces could be slimmed down and money saved but I don't want the entire US military to be abolished as that'd be crazy.

Nobody of any relevance wants to simply not have any police officers.

It's just the usual Trumpist dishonesty: identify one person, say he is part of a group, then act as if everyone else said to be in that group feels exactly the same.

I invite all officers who feel offended at being asked not to casually murder civilians to resign. Those are the kind we don't want on the force anyway.

So much entitlement, so much brutality. And you lot excuse it all so you can puff yourselves up on how "tough" you are supposedly being on "criminals."

I invite all officers who feel offended at being asked not to casually murder civilians to resign. Those are the kind we don't want on the force anyway.

So much entitlement, so much brutality. And you lot excuse it all so you can puff yourselves up on how "tough" you are supposedly being on "criminals."

So you are casting a vote for Thuglife? And you are ignoring the fact that the perp decides how his arrest goes down. And you are ignoring the fact that police kill very few, and nearly always in self defense. And you are ignoring common sense: “Turn around, take the cuffs, get in the car. Easy peasy.”

But no, someone has to fight. That’s your guy, isn’t it.

I think you are making a case out of whole cloth, but I get it. It’s all you have. Kudos for effort.

SPOG is the root of the problem.
Most of the police unions in America's major cities decided long ago that they needed to exert influence on politics, and that is when things became unsustainable.

Cops are human beings, so if you're a cop, and your union punishes you when you report bad conduct and corruption, and protects rogue officers, and threatens elected leadership like the Mayor, City Council and even the Governor, and uses terminology like "snitch" and "rat", you know you'd better go along to get along, to even survive and go home that night.

Serpico laid all of this out well over forty years ago.

Back
Top Bottom