• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle Police Chief Resigns

Eatomus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Seattle police chief to resign following budget cuts

"Carmen Best, the city’s first Black police chief, said in a letter to the department that her retirement will be effective Sept. 2 and the mayor has appointed Deputy Chief Adrian Diaz as the interim chief, KING-TV reported Monday. Council members had approved the cuts Monday."

Democrat platform initiative for 2020 of defunding police nationwide is catching on with democrat Councils like wildfire already.
Or is that just the smell of Seattle burning ?

Last edited:
This is in no way an indictment of the alleged incompetent and hostile leadership of Seattle to law enforcement.

She probably just wanted to spend more time with her family.

Now that they have gotten rid of Seattle's first Black Woman Police Chief , all these white privilege Seattle rioters will feel more comfortable.
seattle.jpg

You have to admit these awesome white privilege Seattle rioters working in concert with the Seattle wealthy white privilege Council to rid themselves of Seattle's first Black woman police chief was an awesome move .
What business did a Black woman have there in the first place?
She does not even look the way they do.

seattle2.jpg

This is in no way an indictment of the alleged incompetent and hostile leadership of Seattle to law enforcement.

She probably just wanted to spend more time with her family.

You nearly had me until I checked your profile lmfao

"Carmen Best, the city’s first Black police chief, said in a letter to the department that her retirement will be effective Sept. 2 and the mayor has appointed Deputy Chief Adrian Diaz as the interim chief, KING-TV reported Monday. Council members had approved the cuts Monday."

Democrat platform initiative for 2020 of defunding police nationwide is catching on with democrat Councils like wildfire already.

Seattle can run fine with 50% of the police force. They really are unnecessary and an anchor on our payroll.

I'm really sorry to see her leave. The Seattle City council is a bunch of idiots and now even the mayor is being a loser.

Oh well, I'm not going to be affected by Seattle/Seattle crime. Will be interesting to watch. I agree with them making major changes to the police force and they should be moving several teams, like "Navigation" (they handle and move the homeless camps) to social workers, etc. They could make major cuts easily if they could get rid of the cops with the most complaints.

I think the main reason Best left is because the process called for getting rid of the newest officers first, which were most of the diverse and younger officers. I guess that was based on their contracts and that has to be affected at least somewhat by the union and I was hoping they could work around that. The union rep sounds like an asshole in interviews.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

:yawn:

This person was making $280k a year, and folks wonder why the police need to be defunded.

Seattle can run fine with 50% of the police force. They really are unnecessary and an anchor on our payroll.

Yes, especially with the newly organized Wealthy White Privilege Social Justice Officers keeping the peace.
seattle3.jpg
What business did a Black Woman have in that position anyway?
I'll bet she was not either "clean" or " articulate" like Joe Biden our future leader says these blacks need to be .
Good Lookin Out Buckster !

This person was making $280k a year, and folks wonder why the police need to be defunded.

I'll bet she was not either "clean" or " articulate" like Joe Biden our future leader says these blacks need to be .
black.jpgblack.jpg
Good Lookin Out Binary Dude!

Yes, especially with the newly organized Wealthy White Privilege Social Justice Officers keeping the peace.
View attachment 67291015
Good Lookin Out Buckster !

Is that picture you posted even from Seattle? Sounds like you have a political agenda.

I don't blame her. She also needs to sue the mayor and city council for cutting her pay without a valid legal reason.

Black lives don't matter. This black lady lost her well paying job because of BLM.

They sure don't, even though Lying Libs have been screaming at the top of their lungs during riots that they do.

This is just more insurmountable evidence that Libs have been the true racists all along.

She needs to sue them as well. They broke the contract.

Do you know how to handle a $400 million budget, oversee the safety of a major city as well has handle over 1,000 employees? The amount of stress of that position matched the pay.

I don't blame her. She also needs to sue the mayor and city council for cutting her pay without a valid legal reason.
Do you think a police chief should be paid more than two doctors? Or more than eight High School principals? The amount that position pays is obscene!

Black lives don't matter. This black lady lost her well paying job because of BLM.

What is wild is angry white Democrats caused this to happen. Sure some BLM did as well. But Seattle is run by crazy Democrats.

Do you know how to handle a $400 million budget, oversee the safety of a major city as well has handle over 1,000 employees? The amount of stress of that position matched the pay.
We have a police state when we pay cops more than teachers. Especially THAT much more.

Do you think a police chief should be paid more than two doctors? Or more than eight High School principals? The amount that position pays is obscene!

I believe the average doctor earns north of $300,000 per year. Check out Fremont CA, Washington Hospital administrator for a super well paid person. I believe about a million per year in wages and benefits.

Back
Top Bottom