• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle Police Chief Resigns As Democrat Police Defunding Becomes Official

Re: More liberal chickens come home to roost

Sure, lefties are known for their deep love of this country. :lamo

Some people are binary non thinkers but Trumpsters take it to the next level

Why are the government budgets of police and military spending sacrosanct and not subject to cuts and redistribution?

of course it pisses people off. white supremacists hate it.

oh ---right. all 5 of them.
LAFFRIOT

I thought y'all had so much in common...oh, wait, I get it, you do.

No we don’t. I actually like it here.

pointing out that white supremacists (which you appear to be siding with) don't think that black people are as good as them isn't hate. it's stating what they're all about.

wow.

I don’t know anyone who ever thought otherwise so it seems it’s yourself you’re trying to convince. I hope you do.

Do you? You hate like more than half the people.

Right, because we’ve seen nothing but love from the left.

Right, because we’ve seen nothing but love from the left.

Sooo...you don't love your country then? Or would it be more accurate to say you hate more of your country than you love?

Sooo...you don't love your country then? Or would it be more accurate to say you hate more of your country than you love?

I don’t tend to love anyone that hates the US.

oh ---right. all 5 of them.
LAFFRIOT

that's the way to sell it. the rubes will believe you.

I don’t know anyone who ever thought otherwise so it seems it’s yourself you’re trying to convince. I hope you do.

well, that was a waste of letters.

ALL the police should retire in Seattle and the county Sheriffs office should refuse to respond to any calls in the city.

Give those ****ing idiots what they ask for.

So, you don't love yourself, now, too? Who do you love, X?

What are you talking about? I’m ****ing awesome and I know it.

I don't know where Seattle is thinking of going here, but I suppose we'll see the results of it. I think that there is plenty to do in terms of reforming the Police, to change training and focus on deescalation, to walk back the militarization of police, to increase programs that would reconnect the Police and the communities they serve. But you can't get rid of them all together, you cannot "defund" them into the ground. So I don't know what their end goal is here, but if they do somehow get rid of all their police, we'll see what the flub results.

What are you talking about? I’m ****ing awesome and I know it.

Mmm...well, I know that, buddy...you're the one talking about all the people you hate. You hate people who hate your country. Except those people make up your country, so you're saying you hate your country too. Then you say you only love those that love your country...ergo, you do not love yourself, because of the hatred you have for such a large portion of your country. So much hate...ugh. I don't know how anyone could love America right now.

Do you see how ridiculous this all is, or do we need to chill in this analogy a little longer? Hint: You were more right with your poll highlighting your similarities. You should do more of that. I would suggest that the reason that "the left" is so active has everything to do with the fact that they, like you, love their country, and want to make it the best they can. You guys disagree on how to get there, ok, but let's not make up silly **** about who loves their country more.

which wasn't at all what i was speaking of. do you wanna go back and read of do i have to waste my time and copy/past?

Nobody was disputing that human lives are equally important regardless of some unimportant characteristic. They were debating the merits of defunding in consideration of the lady's resignation. Presumably, being the chief, she would have some valuable input... but no, you just had to insert some racial bs into this debate and derail everything. Great job.

Mmm...well, I know that, buddy...you're the one talking about all the people you hate. You hate people who hate your country. Except those people make up your country, so you're saying you hate your country too. Then you say you only love those that love your country...ergo, you do not love yourself, because of the hatred you have for such a large portion of your country. So much hate...ugh. I don't know how anyone could love America right now.

Do you see how ridiculous this all is, or do we need to chill in this analogy a little longer? Hint: You were more right with your poll highlighting your similarities. You should do more of that. I would suggest that the reason that "the left" is so active has everything to do with the fact that they, like you, love their country, and want to make it the best they can. You guys disagree on how to get there, ok, but let's not make up silly **** about who loves their country more.

I’m not doing anything I don’t see here daily, Nate.

wow. it's what the entire movement is about (governmental employees not treating black people differently than white people).

i see you're triggered by that. i wonder why.

Nobody seems triggered, I assume they (like me) are just tired of this obsession. Some of us don't need or want to place any emphasis on a person's race as any special qualifier for different treatment, because we see each other as people. Some people we like, because we like how they think and behave, some people we grow tired of because of their antics. Long live MLK! We're all basically the same, why is this so hard to understand?

There is of course the alternative, where we focus primarily on insignificant differences and place enormous importance on that, and start dividing each other on that basis, to demonize the other without regard for who they are beyond their skin colour. I wonder if we can find any examples of the outcomes of this type of thinking in history?

I'd consider carefully what you are trying to achieve and the manner in which you are trying to achieve it. It's for these same reasons I reject the BLM movement as a destructive, divisive movement.

Nobody seems triggered, I assume they (like me) are just tired of this obsession. Some of us don't need or want to place any emphasis on a person's race as any special qualifier for different treatment, because we see each other as people. Some people we like, because we like how they think and behave, some people we grow tired of because of their antics. Long live MLK! We're all basically the same, why is this so hard to understand?

There is of course the alternative, where we focus primarily on insignificant differences and place enormous importance on that, and start dividing each other on that basis, to demonize the other without regard for who they are beyond their skin colour. I wonder if we can find any examples of the outcomes of this type of thinking in history?

I'd consider carefully what you are trying to achieve and the manner in which you are trying to achieve it. It's for these same reasons I reject the BLM movement as a destructive, divisive movement.

BLM has made a **** ton money off the very valid outrage over George Floyd’s death. The last group that wants racial divisions healed is BLM.

yes, which is why we still have white supremacists (and their supporters and sympathizers) and governmental employees (and business people for that matter) treating people differently depending upon race.

and none of us are surprised that some people, like yourself, are gonna find a thousand ways to reject what you don't like. it's not like your strategy is new or anything.

all the violence won't work.

all the peaceful protesters saying that a black life is equal to a white life (and governmental employees can't treat white/black differently) will. and really already is changing things.

i get that that pisses off some people.

I have absolutely NO problem with peaceful protestors. I DO have BIG problem however, with Dem politicians who will not enforce the law against Rioting when it is hurting THEIR OWN citizens and ruining lives, for the sole purpose of helping their party gain power.

that is disgraceful.

Unfortunately, the change most needed is with the Mayor's office. I can't blame her for quitting. They tied her hands, cut her staff, cut budget for next year, and even cut her salary. The city's problems aren't going to get better with fewer police.

THe assistant to retire as well. In fact no one should take the post in protest.

all the violence won't work.

all the peaceful protesters saying that a black life is equal to a white life (and governmental employees can't treat white/black differently) will. and really already is changing things.

i get that that pisses off some people.

they are only equal when it is a white guy doing the shooting not a black person.
hence why BLM is bull****.

It's a plan by the Oligarchs to make property prices low, buy it all up and then regain order before tech leaves.

Back
Top Bottom