• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seattle hires ex-pimp to be 'Street Czar'

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The city of Seattle has hired an ex-pimp at a $150,000 a year salary as the new "Street Czar," Andre Taylor. Before Taylor was contracted by the city to provide "expertise and support services in de-escalation, community engagement, and alternatives to policing," he was engaged in prostitution.

I would agree that Seattle needs someone to interact with law enforcement on a community level, but I think this guys history of "interaction" with the law is not exactly what Seattle needs...

Taylor was eventually convicted of seven prostitution-related counts, three involving the Davis, two involving adult women who traveled with him, as well as two money-laundering counts.
Taylor was featured in the 1999 documentary American Pimp which examined "pimping subculture," and is known to have bragged about impregnating the young girls he pimped.

Thoughts?

PimpKramer.jpg

Gotta love Seattle....

There are two ways to read this. Here's one way:

A pimp shows up at the door for a domestic disturbance call along with a couple thugs telling the couple: "If we have to come out again we're going to beat both of you to death - and give me $500 for the bother of having to come here. If you don't have $500, you better have $1000 by Friday."

Break the fingers of juvenile shoplifters. Cut off the nuts of someone who assaults a woman. Smash out the windows of cars at expired parking meters.

Maybe that is a good idea. Hire criminals to terrorize and assault people that cause 911 calls or they see breaking any law.

Back
Top Bottom