• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Season Approaches: U.S. Hits Record 127 Months Since Major Hurricane Strike

There's was a crap load...way too much, just 10,000 years ago. There's been less and there's been a lot more.

What is the perfect amount?

'Just' 10,000 years ago?

You mean before civilization?

Versus a couple decades?

Maybe you dont understand the true length of long periods of time, and exponential numbers. Its pretty a pretty common stumbling block among non-scientists.

more right wing anti education

I guess you have no sense of humor for one thing. Next you'll actually explain this, won't you?

'Just' 10,000 years ago?

You mean before civilization?

Versus a couple decades?

Maybe you dont understand the true length of long periods of time, and exponential numbers. Its pretty a pretty common stumbling block among non-scientists.

This is apparently a sore subject for you given the insults I've received so, I'll let you masturbate in peace.

Thanks for not answering my question.

Your question is nonsensical.

I thought you were a scientist? If you have no idea just say so.

I know there's a perfect balance you're looking for here. Otherwise you wouldn't ignore other theories.

I thought you were a scientist? If you have no idea just say so.

I know there's a perfect balance you're looking for here. Otherwise you wouldn't ignore other theories.

I thought I was clear.

Your question: 'what is the perfect amount of Arctic ice', is nonsensical.

This one affects the entire planet.

Do you think it's the only factor that affects the entire planet? Can you name another factor that affects the entire planet?

There was a crap load...way too much, just 10,000 years ago. There's been less and there's been a lot more.

What is the perfect amount?

There isn't a perfect amount.

Your problem it appears is that you have bought into the idea that all who do not agree with deniers are alarmists.
It makes you seem ignorant.
Warming is not dependent on environmental alarms... it is more dependent on science and scientists as far as I know have never published hurricane frequency as a scientific proven result of warming.

Personally I hate alarmist bull chit but that does not take deniers off the hook.
You probably don't understand a word of what I just said.

Oh, look. Another guy who thinks global climate means 'America' and specifically the North Atlantic US coastline.

Hurricane landfall is capricious, but it's clear there is no lack of Hurricanes, and their intensity seems to be getting even more powerful over time especially in the Pacific, as predicted.

It's not real complicated...warmer water leads to greater strength in cyclones.

9a7921e29c1435fd16db39c3ab735e05.jpg

But there is also strong local cycles that play a major role, like the AMO, and currently, a cold cycle is present in part of the North Atlantic that may be minimizing hurricanes for a while.

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v8/n10/full/ngeo2529.html

It's science, though, so it's hard to understand, especially for those who can confuse the US Atlantic seaboard with the entire globe.

Oh look another guy who thinks government can regulate climate!

Oh look another guy who thinks government can regulate climate!

Oh look it's another right-winger with an absurd perception of the arguments. I know, I'll tell people what you think:

Renae thinks magic prevents humans from influencing climate! Literal magic!

Oh look it's another right-winger with an absurd perception of the arguments. I know, I'll tell people what you think:

Renae thinks magic prevents humans from influencing climate! Literal magic!

No silly, Climate, changes. Man isn't to blame.

Do you think it's the only factor that affects the entire planet? Can you name another factor that affects the entire planet?

Did I say that? Can you name something?

I thought I was clear.

Your question: 'what is the perfect amount of Arctic ice', is nonsensical.

Your projections are based on a certain nominal amount of ice being present. Surely there's a number that fits those calculations

Climate catastrophist crusaders must be well pissed off because Glowbull warming hasn't done what they hoped it would and increased the number and strength of hurricanes.

It's tough at the top, guys.
:lol:

It's going to end this season. Strong El Nino, followed with a rapid (probable) La Nina... means the Atlantic will be primed. If we do NOT see a major strike this year, I for one will be shocked.

You just made the warmers' whole year.

Your problem it appears is that you have bought into the idea that all who do not agree with deniers are alarmists.
It makes you seem ignorant.
Warming is not dependent on environmental alarms... it is more dependent on science and scientists as far as I know have never published hurricane frequency as a scientific proven result of warming.

Personally I hate alarmist bull chit but that does not take deniers off the hook.
You probably don't understand a word of what I just said.

Don't be ignorant, warming depends on no one. Scientists can only observe and run for cover.

Your projections are based on a certain nominal amount of ice being present. Surely there's a number that fits those calculations

Not really, but dramatic short term changes are definitely not what one wants to see.

Its like asking 'what is the perfect amount of speed for this airplane? It kinds depends where in the flight path you are. But dropping from 600mph to 100mph mid flight is definitely not a good thing.

Its[sic] like asking 'what is the perfect amount of speed for this airplane? It kinds depends where in the flight path you are. But dropping from 600mph to 100mph mid flight is definitely not a good thing.
It takes a special type of idiot to write stuff like that.

Idiots that think climate is static and can be tamed by the UN don't take much to overwhelmed.

Warmers are solely interested in forcing the US to comply with harsh regulations; but you never hear them talk about China and India. I think there are many that hate the US enough that they want to use environmental mandates to hurt the US economy.

Warmers are solely interested in forcing the US to comply with harsh regulations; but you never hear them talk about China and India. I think there are many that hate the US enough that they want to use environmental mandates to hurt the US economy.

Really?

I think you selectively listen to 'warmers'. But then again, no one really expects you to be informed on the topic anyway.

First China, Now India, Commit To Reducing Carbon Emission Rates

Back
Top Bottom