• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Screename, signature, and avatar

Reaction score
In a sort of "getting to know you" thread, I'm curious why different members chose the screename, signature and avatar.

My screename is the same one I use on Liberal Forum, The Jesse Factor forum, and my blog. The blue part is a reference to blue states and the Democratic Party. Hobgoblin is just a reference to a cool Spiderman comic book character and was just a spur of the moment thing.

My signature is a link to my social justice blog and there is also a quote from the great Dr. King which I believe is very true.

My avatar is an image of the Hobgoblin. I found a bunch and it didn't really matter which one I wanted to use. I ended up picking this one since he looks kind of pissed and this is a political forum and the current political situation pisses me off.

Vauge = Can't spell worth a flip. It came from vagrant, I went from game to game in the land of the Internet without a home and met many friends that I no longer communicate with. Vaugerant is now becoming popular, so it was shorttened.

Avatar = I had one of the cops from Reno 911, One of my fav shows, but decided that made the "admin" look like a copper or a guy that is forceful in the law. I do not want to give an indication or even hint at the thought of muting discourse. Then I went to Foghorn and another joker on the forum (hadn't seen him in awhile) took it and members were confusing him with me. Now Fudd is the man. I might go back to Foghorn. :)
*note to self* get more avatars for the members!

Sig = Beatles are one of my fav groups, along with Pink Floyd. "Nothing is going to change my world" is another line in the song from my sig. Words are just that - letters compiled together to form a meaning, they mean nothing without action. A forum is an excellent resource to put your words into action.

Back
Top Bottom