• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Scr** the Brew... drink Mead!

Lilith

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Teach and Southern... the choice is not Pez or Cheerwine... trust me. Mead is the sweet tasty goodness you seek. Being a longtime lover of Pez (have a drawer full of dispensers) and Cheerwine, I value my opinion. ;)
My personal favorite is this one.
It is so yummy and sweet, yet very wine like.
If you really want the HONEY essence to come through, you need to try Honeymoon Nectar. Tastes like what it is... fermented honey. And will knock you on your keister! Too strong for me on most days, but great for a party!

Attachments

• honeymood-trans.gif
    honeymood-trans.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
Lilith said:
Teach and Southern... the choice is not Pez or Cheerwine... trust me. Mead is the sweet tasty goodness you seek. Being a longtime lover of Pez (have a drawer full of dispensers) and Cheerwine, I value my opinion. ;)
My personal favorite is this one.
It is so yummy and sweet, yet very wine like.
If you really want the HONEY essence to come through, you need to try Honeymoon Nectar. Tastes like what it is... fermented honey. And will knock you on your keister! Too strong for me on most days, but great for a party!

Pish-posh on mead. I make my own mead and Mellomel! If you really want something that goes down like candy about packs a whalup, look for a mellomel.
I don't know if you can actually buy Mellomel's anywhere in the states, as far as I know. But it wouldn't be the first time I missed something on my local liquer store shelves.
Homebrewing is kinda a family thing. My brother does beers, ales, stouts...etc (the hops and wheat stuff), and I do the Meads and Mellomels...the honey stuff.
I have a friend who I turned on to homebrewing and she makes some really interesting, albeit kinda lightweight, meads. She mixes in pure nectars and gets some really fun flavors!

http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=About.Overview
bleh... cheerwine... because it ALWAYS puts a smile on your face. it has been around forever. My earliest memories of it are when my dad used to drive me up to a rural country gas station to pick up bait before we went fishin on lake gaston. He'd pick up a 12 pack of it for us to drink while we fished. It's made and sold only in areas around the carolinas, and within the carolinas, it rules all. Every national fastfood restaurant even has it on tap. It's half the price of any pepsi or coke, but it has more flavor than cherry coke or doctor pepper. It's been made into Icecream, and has recipes to make it into many other things... including bbq sauce (yummm!)
cwine_can.jpg

The finest Mead you can get is made in the monastery on Caldy island off the Tenby coast in Pembrokeshire south Wales,by the Monks there.
It's well worth a visit if you are on vacation in the UK.
I quite enjoy a small drop of Mead,but it's a little sweet for my liking.

Androvski said:
The finest Mead you can get is made in the monastery on Caldy island off the Tenby coast in Pembrokeshire south Wales,by the Monks there.
It's well worth a visit if you are on vacation in the UK.
I quite enjoy a small drop of Mead,but it's a little sweet for my liking.

Mead is gross!

Give me a G & T or a good cider anytime!

I'm not keen on Gin,but I do like a nice cold glass of strongbow or old english on a warm day.
More than one glass of Mead would probably make me puke.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who's not picky?

It's past midnight here and I'd like to say I loves you all except Lib and Soviet guy and I'd even give em a kiss for the ell of it......Gurp ,passes out,goodnight! :cheers:

Naughty Nurse said:
Mead is gross!

Give me a G & T or a good cider anytime!

Cider is great, but you just can't get Good cider in the states.

What's worse is you can't even get really good gin in the states either. Not bad gin, mind you, but not great gin.

Back
Top Bottom