• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS unanimously rules Boston violated group's rights by refusing to fly Christian flag

And they're right. Strictly from a free speech standpoint they can't say no to one and ok to others.

The sad part is the christians have spewed so much hate lately that their symbols are controversial now.
The sad part is you seem to be making up stuff?

So what happens when the Satanists want to fly their flag? Everyone onboard? How about when the NAZIS want to run a swastika up the pole? We're all 100% for that, right? Gonna love it when the Klan jumps up!

So what happens when the Satanists want to fly their flag? Everyone onboard? How about when the NAZIS want to run a swastika up the pole? We're all 100% for that, right? Gonna love it when the Klan jumps up!
Yes. That's how free speech works. You take the good with the bad. The speech most worth protecting is unpopular speech.

Yes. That's how free speech works. You take the good with the bad. The speech most worth protecting is unpopular speech.
Yep! And the Christians that are thrilled with this decision are going to have to bite their tongues til they bleed when that rainbow flag is hoisted.

Yep! And the Christians that are thrilled with this decision are going to have to bite their tongues til they bleed when that rainbow flag is hoisted.
There are rainbow flags everywhere. In fact, there was a rainbow flag on that pole before the Christian flag was banned. Nobody sued or denied the rainbow flag from being raised.

Critical to the ruling was this:

So this was a case more about free speech than the free exercise of religion. Therefore I support the Court's decision.
yes, in this instance I also support it. It wasn't our taxes and they were allowing the flag pole to be used by other groups to fly other flags..so the group should have had equal access.

The idea that government flagpoles are public forums for religious speech is a strange concept to me.
The ideas that Government Flagpoles are Forums for any and all speech outside that of Official Government is a strange concept to me but as it had been in this case they had no right choice but raise that Flag. They opened that door.

The city should stop allowing flags to be used by any groups.

Unanimous decisions are cool.

I think it already was. It sounds like the intolerance is on the opposite side.

Why? Who is harmed by it?
I don't believe religious symbols should be on government buildings. The only way to prevent that is to stop allowing all non-government entities to use the space. Groups can fly their flags elsewhere. Separation of church and state is too important.

What appears to the right of the article but a suggested list of anti-left bumper stickers:

View attachment 67388575

The algorithms seemingly picked up on the fact that Boston was a blue city and coughed up other standard anti-blue-city culture ware crap.
LOL completely pointless word salad that has nothing to do with the OP. I congratulate you! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom