• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS strikes down Luisiana abortion law

When the D stomp on the R in November, they need to pack the court like FDR intended to do back in 1930. They also need to bring Puerto Rico and DC to statehood, so they can secure the Senate forever.

and what will you do when Texas then breaks itself into SIX separate states, as it is legally allowed to do in accordance with the agreement it made with the United States when it was admitted to the union?

Ironic seeing as he is hands down the most likely president in history to have paid for abortions.

He has been pro choice his whole life, he was a spoiled Playboy that bragged his Vietnam was dodging STDs, and we know how much he likes NDAs and riding bareback.

With his history I'm going to guess he paid for over a dozen abortions....

Evidence from an unbiased source or it never happened.

As typical you have no evidence whatsoever.

Big deal. for decades we were 49th. We've steadily risen thanks to the efforts of Governors Clinton and Huckabee (primarily).

The state is still in the bottom few. And will remain there until it gets a decent bunch in power.

And now you are 48th.!!!!! :lamo

Correction 42nd. Progress on such matters is slow.

And remember which political party made Arkansas 49th?

Arkansas was a one party (Democratic) state for more than 100 years.

Big deal. for decades we were 49th. We've steadily risen thanks to the efforts of Governors Clinton and Huckabee (primarily).

We are #42, we are #42.

Thanks Republicans!

The state is still in the bottom few. And will remain there until it gets a decent bunch in power.

Democrats were the only party in Arkansas effectively for more than 100 years.

The Republicans have been the only party for only a handful of years. Which coincidentally have been the years of greatest improvement like Governor Mike Huckabee's ARKids (healthcare) program and primary education reforms.

and what will you do when Texas then breaks itself into SIX separate states, as it is legally allowed to do in accordance with the agreement it made with the United States when it was admitted to the union?

My friend, you believe in a myth not fact.

In a 5 - 4 decision SCOTUS struck down the Luisiana abortion law.

GOOD.

Certainly good...it resolves an outstanding hypocrisy:

Abortion is 14 times safer than childbirth

Abortion safer than giving birth: study - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Getting a legal abortion is much safer than giving birth, suggests a new U.S. study published Monday.

Researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion.

And yet, states pushing for these laws dont have similar requirements for midwives. Last time this came up, I even posted the laws governing midwives in that state and there was no such requirement for that kind of access. And DOCTORS are required to perform abortions but midwives are not even drs and they are allowed to perform a much more dangerous service?

They hypocrisy in these bills is clear. Another good stroke for SCOTUS.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

What's True
A clause in the document annexing Texas to the United States allowed for Texas to be divided up into as many as five different states.

What's False
Any state can, with permission of Congress, divide itself into multiple states, and it is unlikely that Texas' annexation agreement would allow the state to bypass this requirement.

Can Texas Divide Itself into Five Separate States?

And now you are 48th.!!!!! :lamo

Nothing quite like running neck and neck with Mississippi and Louisiana for worst state.

We are 48th! We are 48th!

Amazing that all you people of this "ilk" (pro abortionists) can do is attack some ones home.

Utterly disgusting and repulsive yet typical for anyone that defends abortion.

Amazing that all you people of this "ilk" (pro abortionists) can do is attack some ones home.

No, we're kind of telling you why the state you live in is one of the worst. That you choose to see that as a positive is what we mock.

I do think AR is better than LA and MS, yes.

Camping and fishing there are fun, and the people are nicer that farther south and southeast, yes.

But 48th is a condemnation, Dayton, don't think it is not.

Nobody has attacked your home. Stop lying.

Arkansas is my home. That makes you the "liar".

Off-topic. Please be as proud as you like of your home with the very poor educational status.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Off-topic. Please be as proud as you like of your home with the very poor educational status.

I'm proud of my home that has improved its status by nearly 20% in just a few years. A remarkable improvement by any reasonable standard.

Arkansas is my home. That makes you the "liar".

Arkansas is a backward state rated 48th on the list of worst places in the US to live. And, I've been there enough to know it is ****ing true.

Back
Top Bottom