• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS strikes down Luisiana abortion law

Uncle Thomas and Alito are pretty long in the tooth. Joe will probably pick three judges in his first term.

Probably four plus the new six seats the Dems will add to the Court.

Probably four plus the new six seats the Dems will add to the Court.

That will never happen. You know there will be Republican presidents with a Republican Senate again don't you.

Sad. Chief Justice John Roberts has shown that he is more interested in his place in history than anything else. Considering he voted to uphold the Texas law that was almost identical just eight years ago.

He's upholding the law and following precedent, something that drunken whore Kavanaugh clearly will never do.

What do you think was the issue if it wasn't the right to a legal abortion?

With the Right, the issue is never about the issue that the issue is about.

Boy, that Justice Roberts is a huge disappointment to the right. Again, in a 5-4 decision, he sides with the liberal wing of the court.

If Roe v Wade were actually before the court, how do you think he would vote?

John Roberts to the rescue. lol...the Right will be screaming for his head.

Supreme Court: John Roberts sides with liberals to block controversial Louisiana abortion law - CNNPolitics

Note, the two anti-freedom bastards Trump appointed voted to deny women their rights.

Ironic seeing as he is hands down the most likely president in history to have paid for abortions.

He has been pro choice his whole life, he was a spoiled Playboy that bragged his Vietnam was dodging STDs, and we know how much he likes NDAs and riding bareback.

With his history I'm going to guess he paid for over a dozen abortions....

So John Roberts, concerned that he leave a brilliant legacy to history has voted with liberals instead of regressive, repressive, discriminatory conservatives. LOL. imagine that!!!

George Bush acted presidential in his last year and a half when he realized that Cheney made all the money and all he had to show would be his legacy.

He tried but Cheney dug him a deep whole.

My guess is that he will only be one or two spots above trump as the worst president in history...

George Bush acted presidential in his last year and a half when he realized that Cheney made all the money and all he had to show would be his legacy.

He tried but Cheney dug him a deep whole.

My guess is that he will only be one or two spots above trump as the worst president in history...

Compared to Trump, G-Dub looks like George freaking Washington.

A state that ranks 42nd in education. Access Denied (says access denied but you should be able to get there)
Arkansas is at the bottom for more reasons than just ****ty education.

From my link above: Arkansas is trailed only by Mississippi in 49th place and Louisiana in 50th.

This discussion calls to mind McConnell's theft of the Democratic president's supreme court pick, which would have given the liberals a majority. The Republicans have had a majority for a generation. Their control of this least democratic branch of government for about the past 50 years is not a sign of a healthy democratic society.

This discussion calls to mind McConnell's theft of the Democratic president's supreme court pick, which would have given the liberals a majority. The Republicans have had a majority for a generation. Their control of this least democratic branch of government for about the past 50 years is not a sign of a healthy democratic society.

When the D stomp on the R in November, they need to pack the court like FDR intended to do back in 1930. They also need to bring Puerto Rico and DC to statehood, so they can secure the Senate forever.

That will never happen. You know there will be Republican presidents with a Republican Senate again don't you.

Eventually, but the new SCOTUS 15 seat majority will require a 2/3ds vote in favor in the Senate to change it afterwards.

We'll find other ways. I'm proud to say that my state has very little access to abortion.

Keep access to abortion limited, produce children you refuse to support, keep medical services, education, basic utilities, equal opportunity and financial honesty reserved for the right people and there's a picture of Dayton's state.

When the D stomp on the R in November, they need to pack the court like FDR intended to do back in 1930. They also need to bring Puerto Rico and DC to statehood, so they can secure the Senate forever.

Besides packing the court and adding new states, the Dems will force the NPV in time for 2024.

The GOP has earned its coming permanent minority party status in 2021.

The right to a legal abortion was not at issue in this case.

Except that it was, the limiting of legal abortion was the reason this law and others like it were written. Because courts would immediately strike down laws banning legal abortion, the pro-life extremists and their elected extremists want to keep chipping away at legal abortion until they can find a way to ban it completely.

If I were nominating Supreme Court justices I would nominate those who had no special belief in stare decisis.

In other words you want them to start with the activist judging that the right has whined about "the left" doing. Stare decisis is a vital part of US law. You may not like it but guess what, if the left has to accept it, so has the right.

Back
Top Bottom