• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS slaps down DOMA and Prop 8. When will conservatives learn?

So...you lied in your OP...dont really give a **** about the 'people', and as usual somehow found a way to talk about pot.

First of all the majority is not always right. What is the majority thought is was OK to lynch black people? Would that make it right? In this case 54% of Americans support gay marriage and 52% support pot legalization and those numbers are going up all the time. I hope you where not saying that the majority suports banning gay marriage becuae that would make you full of **** my friend so what was your point?

So...you lied in your OP...dont really give a **** about the 'people', and as usual somehow found a way to talk about pot.

Oh by the way what is wrong with bringing up the injustice of marijuana laws and filling up our prisons with non violent drug criminals? Don'y copulate a blood clot my friend. Where am I wrong and why are you so sensitive? A wrong is a wrong.

In the vast majority of states (Including California) where 'the people' have been tasked to vote, they have chosen the OPPOSITE of what the OP suggests. The people, when asked to vote yay or nay on gay marriage, continuously vote nay. It is dishonest at best and an outright lioe at least to suggest that the judicial decisions in some states or in the recent Supreme Court decision somehow represents the will of the 'people'.

In case you missed it....California's citizens voted to BAN gay marriages.

But now they have gay marriage. Isn't that great my friend. Let freedom ring. Oh by the way 61% of folks in Cal now support gay marriage.

But now they have gay marriage. Isn't that great my friend. Let freedom ring. Oh by the way 61% of folks in Cal now support gay marriage.

I don't live in California any longer. I could t care less I they let people marry their farm animals. Their state, their business.

As to your "poll" numbers...it's ALWAYS the way. Create polls and run them to get predicted results, meanwhile, when put to the 'people' the votes dont seem to match the polls. Funny how that works out.

I don't live in California any longer. I could t care less I they let people marry their farm animals. Their state, their business.

As to your "poll" numbers...it's ALWAYS the way. Create polls and run them to get predicted results, meanwhile, when put to the 'people' the votes dont seem to match the polls. Funny how that works out.

That is because gay rights are becoming more and more popular with the American public everyday. If you are an independant then why do you spew right wing BS the way you do? Just a queston.

That is because gay rights are becoming more and more popular with the American public everyday. If you are an independant then why do you spew right wing BS the way you do? Just a queston.

I am conservative. I am supportive of immigration reform. I am for fiscal responsibility. I am for health care reform. I am pro defense spending but recognize there are massive areas for savings and cuts. I am opposed to banning abortion. I work with and engage with more people from more spectrums than you could count and offer my own time money and other resources to causes you pretend to give a **** about. I have 'liberal' views on about 45% of the major issues discussed. I wouldnt expect you to recognize that considering you are an all-in dyed in the wool partisan.

I am conservative. I am supportive of immigration reform. I am for fiscal responsibility. I am for health care reform. I am pro defense spending but recognize there are massive areas for savings and cuts. I am opposed to banning abortion. I work with and engage with more people from more spectrums than you could count and offer my own time money and other resources to causes you pretend to give a **** about. I have 'liberal' views on about 45% of the major issues discussed. I wouldnt expect you to recognize that considering you are an all-in dyed in the wool partisan.

Are you against gay rights? Are you against legalizing pot and making this a free country?

Are you against gay rights? Are you against legalizing pot and making this a free country?
Back to the pot. Geeeezus you are a one trick pony.
I've said long before you got here and on many occasions I am for legalizing pot. I am fine with civil unions. I'm opposed to gay marriage but believe the citizens of the state have the right to attempt to legalize gay marriage and where it passes, happy days. Couldn't hardly give enough a damn either way to be honest. Guess you could say my position on gay marriage is pretty similar to Obamas, right up until he decided he needed to exploit the gay community for their votes and campaign dollars.

I've said long before you got here and on many occasions I am for legalizing pot. I am fine with civil unions. I'm opposed to gay marriage but believe the citizens of the state have the right to attempt to legalize gay marriage and where it passes, happy days. Couldn't hardly give enough a damn either way to be honest. Guess you could say my position on gay marriage is pretty similar to Obamas, right up until he decided he needed to exploit the gay community for their votes and campaign dollars.

Conservatives blew it on civil unions. If you remember the right wingers railed against civil unions before they where against gay marriage so they brought this on themselves. This one trick pony crap is stupid. Pot is not legal in all states so it has to be brought up until that changes.

Conservatives blew it on civil unions. If you remember the right wingers railed against civil unions before they where against gay marriage so they brought this on themselves. This one trick pony crap is stupid. Pot is not legal in all states so it has to be brought up until that changes.
I agree...you being a one trick pony and continually bringing it up in every argument is stupid, especially when you are trying to score points in a debate a-not at all related to pot with some that is b-already pro legalization.

I agree...you being a one trick pony and continually bringing it up in every argument is stupid, especially when you are trying to score points in a debate a-not at all related to pot with some that is b-already pro legalization.

It is not stupid and is a prime example of bad law and conservatives supporting the status quo on bad law. Pot is a social issue just like gay marriage and the fact conservative would not budge on marijuana laws and taking pot off the list of the worst drugs now has lead to it being legalized in two and soon to be more states.

Why would liberals need to kiss gay butts. They sure are not going to vote for the GOP rednecks.

Why would liberals need to kiss gay butts. They sure are not going to vote for the GOP rednecks.

Libbers have a need to kiss gay butts because of their basic mindset which is to slurp the butt residue of every butt issue.

Words have meaning. When one takes NATURE's first imperative, i.e. PROCREATION, and the libbers and homos crap on that. Then, take millenia's primary definition of the word "MARRIAGE" as the official definition of the union between MAN and WOMAN .....and the libbers and homos outrageously for their own agenda transform the meaning of the word MARRIAGE, then it should be obvious even to a retarded 4 year chimpanzee with a frontal lobotomy that the libbers and homos are outrageously outaline.

Libbers have a need to kiss gay butts because of their basic mindset which is to slurp the butt residue of every butt issue.

Words have meaning. When one takes NATURE's first imperative, i.e. PROCREATION, and the libbers and homos crap on that. Then, take millenia's primary definition of the word "MARRIAGE" as the official definition of the union between MAN and WOMAN .....and the libbers and homos outrageously for their own agenda transform the meaning of the word MARRIAGE, then it should be obvious even to a retarded 4 year chimpanzee with a frontal lobotomy that the libbers and homos are outrageously outaline.

Lol you're another one I'm going to laugh at when gay marriage is legalized. You're homophobic ass is so ignorant it isn't even funny.

Who gives a rats butt on the difenation of marriage other than bible thumpers and traditionalist. Those groups are getting smaller every day and becoming weaker. The way I see it hetrosexuals have screwed up marriage anyway with 40 years of the divorce rate being in the 45% range. Lets face it. Conservatives are homophobes even thought they don't like to admit it. Actions speak louder than words my friend.

Back
Top Bottom