• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS shoots down Cuomo's bigotry and discrimination

Option 3: Congresses exist at the the state level too, as they are also the ones that make legislation.
Yea, that's a swing and a miss.
I offered a pretty simple test in order for you to perhaps understand the constitution: find a single case prior to the 13th amendment wherein a local, city, state law was successfully challenged based upon the supposed violation of the any right identified in the original bill of rights. Or even easier, just google "does the bill of rights apply to the states?" And you will get the answer.

The as SCOTUS finally upheld the constitution and shot down Cuomo's religious bigotry and discrimination.

As we have seen before Roberts betrays his duty as a judge to uphold the constitution of the US.

Gorsuch put the nail in the coffin of Roberts and Cuomo.

It is a sad day when the court is split on upholding a constitutional right against discrimination and bigotry.
When the Chief Justice, in his dissent, suggests that the restrictions may violate the "free exercise" clause of the Constitution but doesn't see such a matter as justifying the injunction he's showed himself to be an opponent of the Constitution rather than an advocate for it.

Numerical capacity limits of 10 and 25 people, depending on the applicable zone, do seem unduly restrictive. And it may well be that such restrictions violate the Free Exercise Clause. It is not necessary, however, for us to rule on that serious and difficult question at this time. The Governor might reinstate the restrictions. But he also might not. And it is a significant matter to override determinations made by public health officials concerning what is necessary for public safety in the midst of a deadly pandemic. If the Governor does reinstate the numerical restrictions the applicants can return to this Court, and we could act quickly on their renewed applications. As things nowstand, however, the applicants have not demonstrated their entitlement to “the extraordinary remedy of injunction.”

The whole purpose of the injunction is so that the injured parties (or those likely to be injured) DO NOT need to go back to the court to seek remedy.

then so do liquor store buyers as that is not a needed service. so do rioters or even protesters. so does anyone who is not a critical service. equal under the law.
Which rule do you think liquor stores are exempt from

I believe strip clubs were also exempt from NYC shutdown order. Boobs befor Bibles, I guess.

You believe. Based on a shutdown order you haven’t read.

I believe strip clubs were also exempt from NYC shutdown order. Boobs befor Bibles, I guess.

If that was really the case. Hell yes!

Wrong. It's on the hands of those who get infected as a result of their own personal choices. Why do you hate freedom?

Im not interested in the freedom to risk my life you think you have.

The as SCOTUS finally upheld the constitution and shot down Cuomo's religious bigotry and discrimination.

As we have seen before Roberts betrays his duty as a judge to uphold the constitution of the US.

Gorsuch put the nail in the coffin of Roberts and Cuomo.

It is a sad day when the court is split on upholding a constitutional right against discrimination and bigotry.

Oh for lawd's sakes, Cuomo is a Catholic.

Cuomo was not aiming at religion, just places were COVID is likely, places where people congregate in large numbers close together, it's just that Churches fit that description, but it includes other venues which are not religious.

This is a bogus argument. The tug of war is religious freedom versus Government's responsibility for public safety. Public safety backed by science should be priority number one.

The court erred, as republicans often do.

If RBG had been on the court, the decision would have gone the other way.

So, in essence, we have one unelected person deciding for 330,000,000 million people what the policy will be. I personally question the justice of such a system.

I think a larger court, a much larger court, with a consortium of opinions, where the odds on one person deciding for 330,000,000 persons would be far less likely, would better serve America.

Last edited:
Yup...and if you take proper safety measures you're not going to get it doing any of those things.
There are examples of people who died but took safety measures. So, false.

Like I said, if you don't want to go (in person) then don't go. Nice attempt at trying to move the goal post. Virtual isn't the same as in-person. I see that easily with how my kids performed and learned when they were all virtual vs how they are doing now that classes have started again. No one is forcing you to go. You want to do virtual, that's fine. Others don't. Worry about yourself.
Should we also worry about ourselves during a time of war with another country? I was under the impression we were the UNITED states. United we stand.

Trump has sure brainwashed people. We have the luxury of freedoms because we usually stand United in the face of things like this. Under Trump, we do not. This American Tragedy of a pandemic is evidence of how we as a country can't do crap without being United. Stop, taking your freedom for granted, we earned it by acting like a united front in the face of danger. The Constitution won't mean a thing in a divided state of America.

You believe. Based on a shutdown order you haven’t read.
I can read the news. Big box stores were exempt, too. Boobs and boxes, ok. Bibles - no way.

Im not interested in the freedom to risk my life you think you have.

Then don't. No one is stopping you from hiding in your basement.

There are examples of people who died but took safety measures. So, false.

They didn't get it from a grocery store, if they were taking safety measures. They got it from sustained contact with someone where they likely weren't.

Should we also worry about ourselves during a time of war with another country? I was under the impression we were the UNITED states. United we stand.

Trump has sure brainwashed people. We have the luxury of freedoms because we usually stand United in the face of things like this. Under Trump, we do not. This American Tragedy of a pandemic is evidence of how we as a country can't do crap without being United. Stop, taking your freedom for granted, we earned it by acting like a united front in the face of danger. The Constitution won't mean a thing in a divided state of America.

Who tf said anything about Trump? Are you capable of making a valid stand alone point without throwing in Orange Man Bad to prop up a weak position? You know what I also favor? Ending drug prohibition. Guess what's not good for people's health? Using drugs. I don't advocate the infringement of freedom of people because you think you know better what is right for them than they do.

I don't take my freedom for granted, which is why I fight back against people saying the things you're saying.

I can read the news. Big box stores were exempt, too. Boobs and boxes, ok. Bibles - no way.

The news? Sure. The news is always right.

Link the news article that said strip clubs were exempt. (Also be sure to specify which rule you think they are exempt from)

The news? Sure. The news is always right.

Link the news article that said strip clubs were exempt. (Also be sure to specify which rule you think they are exempt from)
Believe it or not. I don’t give a :poop:

They didn't get it from a grocery store, if they were taking safety measures. They got it from sustained contact with someone where they likely weren't.
Again, false. There have been documented instances of public spread.

Oh for lawd's sakes, Cuomo is a Catholic.

Cuomo was not aiming at religion

Exactly. This was the point of my posting above. Since Cuomo is a Christian, he is above suspicion. Now if he were a Muslim, like Obama, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Everyone should stop blaming Cuomo. He is on the side of the Christians and the Supreme Court should know it.

Back
Top Bottom