• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS rejects Texas lawsuit hoping to overturn election

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Supreme Court rejects lawsuit from Texas and Trump to overturn the election
The Supreme Court acted with unusual speed to reject a bid from Texas’ attorney general— supported by President Trump — to block the ballots of millions of voters in battleground states that went in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.

The court’s move to dismiss the challenge is the strongest indication yet, that Trump has no chance of overturning election results in court that even the justices who he placed on the Supreme Court have no interest in allowing his desperate legal bids to continue.

=======
This is a blow to those that would derail democracy.
I guess Trump’s Supreme Court is part of the ‘Deep State.’

Last edited:
The court’s unsigned order was short: “Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.”

Well, at least we now know that about 70 million unAmerican anti-Democracy "Americans" are just a shot away from insurrection. I'd rather it not be the case, but I'd rather know it then it to be real and to not know it.

Trumpism: the evil is the point, even when it's incredibly stupid evil.

The Supreme Court acted with unusual speed to reject a bid from Texas’ attorney general— supported by President Trump — to block the ballots of millions of voters in battleground states that went in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.

The court’s move to dismiss the challenge is the strongest indication yet, that Trump has no chance of overturning election results in court that even the justices who he placed on the Supreme Court have no interest in allowing his desperate legal bids to continue.

=======
Is there really any republican that believed this was going anywhere?

It must really piss him off that Obama already infiltrated his SCOTUS nominees.
Yeah, Obama placed these giant sea pods in the judge’s bedrooms.
Seriously, the idea that Trump thought he could poison rational judicious behavior in cases that are meritless shows how Trump thinks like a corrupt mob boss.

"The court voted 7-2 to dismiss the case. Justice Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito said they would have heard the case - but that they would have refused to overturn the election result effectively making the result 9-0. "

Trump called for the Supreme Court to show courage, and they did.

We have 126 Republican Members of Congress who signed onto this suit. There is a move to not seat the, based on part of the 14th Amendment that forbids those that wage insurrection from being in Congress.

I think you missed of the end of your post.

That sound you hear is 70 million trump supporters moving the goal post from "The Supreme Court will decide this" to "This will be decided by the Electoral College on December 14."

After December 14 I can only assume it will change to "This will be decided by armed patriots" or something.

Another loss for Trump....so sad.

At least he has to have the record for the number of losses in a single election.

=======
Beahahahahahhaaaaa

Then they should provide for their own defense, pave their own highways, and pay for welfare medicare and medicaid on their own as well and we can sit back and watch the new red nation sink its mooching self.

Then they should provide for their own defense, pave their own highways, and pay for welfare medicare and medicaid on their own as well and we can sit back and watch the new red nation sink its mooching self.

Blue states subsidize the Red state dude.

We have 126 Republican Members of Congress who signed onto this suit. There is a move to not seat the, based on part of the 14th Amendment that forbids those that wage insurrection from being in Congress.
This should only happen in a banana Republic. Not the US

That sound you hear is 70 million trump supporters moving the goal post from "The Supreme Court will decide this" to "This will be decided by the Electoral College on December 14."

After December 14 I can only assume it will change to "This will be decided by armed patriots" or something.
The issue of the certification isn't final until January when Congress certifies as well.

=======

Looks like deep state has infiltrated the SCOTUS.

Hah!

Back
Top Bottom