• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS rejects Texas lawsuit hoping to overturn election

Supreme Court rejects lawsuit from Texas and Trump to overturn the election
The Supreme Court acted with unusual speed to reject a bid from Texas’ attorney general— supported by President Trump — to block the ballots of millions of voters in battleground states that went in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.

The court’s move to dismiss the challenge is the strongest indication yet, that Trump has no chance of overturning election results in court that even the justices who he placed on the Supreme Court have no interest in allowing his desperate legal bids to continue.

=======
This is a blow to those that would derail democracy.
I guess Trump’s Supreme Court is part of the ‘Deep State.’

Thanks, we needed yet another thread about this.

Supreme Court rejects lawsuit from Texas and Trump to overturn the election
The Supreme Court acted with unusual speed to reject a bid from Texas’ attorney general— supported by President Trump — to block the ballots of millions of voters in battleground states that went in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.

The court’s move to dismiss the challenge is the strongest indication yet, that Trump has no chance of overturning election results in court that even the justices who he placed on the Supreme Court have no interest in allowing his desperate legal bids to continue.

=======
This is a blow to those that would derail democracy.
I guess Trump’s Supreme Court is part of the ‘Deep State.’

Supreme Court to Texas!
vSAKvVnm.jpg

"The court voted 7-2 to dismiss the case. Justice Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito said they would have heard the case - but that they would have refused to overturn the election result effectively making the result 9-0. "

Trump called for the Supreme Court to show courage, and they did.
Well said! (y)

So even the Trump appointed judges saw this as a steaming pile of crap. The seditious coup against democracy dies an embarrassing death.

And sadly no guilty will pay a price for it.

That sound you hear is 70 million trump supporters moving the goal post from "The Supreme Court will decide this" to "This will be decided by the Electoral College on December 14."

After December 14 I can only assume it will change to "This will be decided by armed patriots" or something.

Courtesy of another poster, my apologies to him for not remembering his name:

1607730665688-png.67308413

Then they should provide for their own defense, pave their own highways, and pay for welfare medicare and medicaid on their own as well and we can sit back and watch the new red nation sink its mooching self.

so AOC has read 'the Confederacy Of Dunces', I knew there was a reason I liked her.

We have 126 Republican Members of Congress who signed onto this suit. There is a move to not seat the, based on part of the 14th Amendment that forbids those that wage insurrection from being in Congress.
Please tell where you heard that tidbit.

so AOC has read 'the Confederacy Of Dunces', I knew there was a reason I liked her.
Didn't know it was a book. I just thought it was a good quip.

So even the Trump appointed judges saw this as a steaming pile of crap. The seditious coup against democracy dies an embarrassing death.

And sadly no guilty will pay a price for it.
And I still won't be comfortable until Biden is sworn in. And I predict after that... trump will have some of his brainless twisted followers who will start shooting.

We have 126 Republican Members of Congress who signed onto this suit. There is a move to not seat the, based on part of the 14th Amendment that forbids those that wage insurrection from being in Congress.
I wish they wouldn't but dems are whimps and won't fight back. They never do unfortunately. Succession talk is already ramping up.

And then there was this today after the ruling...

The right wing nutjob stupidity... it's just beginning.

Last edited:
That sound you hear is 70 million trump supporters moving the goal post from "The Supreme Court will decide this" to "This will be decided by the Electoral College on December 14."

After December 14 I can only assume it will change to "This will be decided by armed patriots" or something.
There will be talk of 2nd amendment solutions after Monday the 14th. Sad but true.

The issue of the certification isn't final until January when Congress certifies as well.
It’s not an issue. It’s over. Trump lost. Biden is your president.

Anyone who is surprised by this, or thinks that SCOTUS was wrong to do this, is either a moron or a fascist.

Back
Top Bottom