• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS battle prompts threats, calls for arson: 'Burn Congress down

Terrorist threats. That's what these are.

He should be arrested and prosecuted for domestic terrorism, conspiracy to commit arson and inciting violence as federal offenses.

There should be ZERO tolerance for anyone calling for or threatening violence or property destruction as doing so is a criminal offense.

Bernie Sanders wanted a wall?

I voted for Obama in 2008 before moving to Canada. I haven't voted since, but I supported Obama in 2012, Sanders in 2016, and Sanders in 2020. Who I support is irrelevant though, because I don't vote any more.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless Trump drone. Not all Trump supporters are mindless drones. I'm just disgusted with what has happened to American politics, and how each side is becoming increasingly disturbed the closer we get to the election. Responses like yours are one of the reasons I no longer participate. If you don't walk in lockstep with the groupthink, you're a dumbocrat or a rethuglican or a racist or a communist.

Thank you for moving to Canada.

Republicans didn't want Obama to do his job at all, when did you decide the constitution was important?
no clue what you are talking about. obama nominated garland he did his job. the senate dien't confirm. they did their job.

Trump can say whatever he wants, his base will open wide and swallow every last drop like a good lil girl. The point is whenever he does burple something on Twitter, the Trump lockjaws among us finally unclench just long enough to proclaim ‘aRE yO tRIggEreD bY A tWeeT?
The problem here being, that you're willingly ignoring that this isn't a simple tweet. This is a direct threat, one that incorporates violence. Something that we've barely, if at all, have had to deal with on Trump's part.

So yes, your lack of integrity is still so obviously apparent at this point. Seeing as you have to pretend that someone making direct and overt threats, is on part with Trump just being an asshole.

The problem here being, that you're willingly ignoring that this isn't a simple tweet. This is a direct threat, one that incorporates violence. Something that we've barely, if at all, have had to deal with on Trump's part.

So yes, your lack of integrity is still so obviously apparent at this point. Seeing as you have to pretend that someone making direct and overt threats, is on part with Trump just being an asshole.

Just imagine what someone’s integrity looks like when they insist the potus making threats is just him being an asshole. Just imagine.

What for?

ToS violations. Until they hold him to the same standards as everyone else, non-cultists should avoid the platform, IMO.

ToS violations. Until they hold him to the same standards as everyone else, non-cultists should avoid the platform, IMO.
You mean the same ToS that somehow still allows people to call for direct violence, such as the OP is pointing out?

I don't even think I've seen him post something that actually violates the ToS and I still follow him.
So, once again. Why should Trump be banned?

And if the ToS can be applied in ways that allow people to call for literal violence to be left alone, but someone who miss-genders another is almost immediately banned. Then are they really something that spectacular to begin with?

You mean the same ToS that somehow still allows people to call for direct violence, such as the OP is pointing out?

I don't even think I've seen him post something that actually violates the ToS and I still follow him.
So, once again. Why should Trump be banned?

And if the ToS can be applied in ways that allow people to call for literal violence to be left alone, but someone who miss-genders another is almost immediately banned. Then are they really something that spectacular to begin with?

ToS violations should result in the same consequences whether one is a normal person or the idiot king of the duped.

ToS violations should result in the same consequences whether one is a normal person or the idiot king of the duped.
I was in agreement with you, up until the point you decided to behave so childishly.
You do realize that as long as the people who're running Twitter, remain as biased against an entire political lean. That the ToS will never be applied in such an even manner. This is something that even Jack Dorsey has admitted to knowing about and he has yet to offer any real standard of approach for it.

Their best bet is to standardize a form of the ToS that is applicable, at face value and with no room for the same form of biased interpretation. Then they only need to apply them honestly and across the full breath of their platform.

I was in agreement with you, up until the point you decided to behave so childishly.
You do realize that as long as the people who're running Twitter, remain as biased against an entire political lean. That the ToS will never be applied in such an even manner. This is something that even Jack Dorsey has admitted to knowing about and he has yet to offer any real standard of approach for it.

Their best bet is to standardize a form of the ToS that is applicable, at face value and with no room for the same form of biased interpretation. Then they only need to apply them honestly and across the full breath of their platform.

They’re a private company. Their ToS is whatever they want it to be. if they wanted to ban President XiPutin they certainly can.

The free market - how does it even work!

They’re a private company. Their ToS is whatever they want it to be. if they wanted to ban President XiPutin they certainly can.

The free market - how does it even work!
Then does that mean you're of the opinion, that they should allow for people to promote, incite and support acts of violence?

Then does that mean you're of the opinion, that they should allow for people to promote, incite and support acts of violence?

Of course not.

Of course not.

But you're claiming that they're a private company and that it makes my own argument invalid. So it's only obvious to show you that if they should be allowed to make their own decisions and the fact that they're basically allowing these people to do as such. Inciting, supporting violence etc etc..

That your canned response means that you accept what they're doing, does it not. Perhaps you did not see this whole issue forming when you stated that "private company" company stance?

But you're claiming that they're a private company and that it makes my own argument invalid.

My belief that they shouldn’t support voilence is not in conflict with my statement that they are a private company with their own ToS. I’ve imposed no qualifiers to my previous response to your question, used the word “should” properly.

I’m sorry your dopey gotcha turned out to be a self-own. :( You weren’t doing well, but you were enthusaistic!

My belief that they shouldn’t support voilence is not in conflict with my statement that they are a private company with their own ToS. I’ve imposed no qualifiers to my previous response to your question, used the word “should” properly.

I’m sorry your dopey gotcha turned out to be a self-own. :( You weren’t doing well, but you were enthusaistic!
No, seeing as you're all too willing to let them have their way. Given how you responded, it's rather easy to see that you're fine with them allowing for such incitement. The fact that you didn't catch yourself in that matter, is your problem.

We need some more 17 year old patriots who are lifeguards and graffiti cleaners

We need some more 17 year old patriots who are lifeguards and graffiti cleaners

..to spend the rest of ther lives in jail being sexual chew toys for the Aryan nation? Weird.

No, seeing as you're all too willing to let them have their way. Given how you responded, it's rather easy to see that you're fine with them allowing for such incitement. The fact that you didn't catch yourself in that matter, is your problem.

So you are opposed to the free market?

And: if you’re just gonna call me a liar because your gotcha was poorly constructed and badly deployed, why should I care? THat’s just a white flag and I’ll take the easy W.

I behaved in a very presidential way. A lot of people are saying that, believe me. As for the rest, I stand by my argument. Those who violate ToS should receive the same consequences, whether that person is a regular citizen or a powerful white supremacist.

What happened to the biden rule?

We don't have a democrat controlled senate so does not apply...…. and Trump doesn't have to follow some rule Biden proposed in 1992 even if it did.

We don't have a democrat controlled senate so does not apply...…. and Trump doesn't have to follow some rule Biden proposed in 1992 even if it did.
But it applied in 2016?

Back
Top Bottom