• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SCOTUS battle prompts threats, calls for arson: 'Burn Congress down

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Terrorist threats. That's what these are.

Almost immediately after news of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death, some verified Twitter users threatened arson and apparent violence in order to block Republicans from replacing her before the elections.

"If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f-----g thing down," author Reza Aslan tweeted. He later responded to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's vow to hold a vote on President Trump's nominee. "Over our dead bodies, literally," he tweeted.

Author Aaron Gouveia similarly blasted McConnell's statement, saying: "F--k no. Burn it all down.

-skip-

A Canadian political science professor called for arson, prompting accusations he made a terroristic threat. "Burn Congress down before letting Trump try to appoint anyone to SCOTUS," Waterloo professor Emmett MacFarlane tweeted.

Reactions: PoS
It's as if the Leftists have never even heard of The Constitution, much less read it.
This is going to be a fun election. If lefties could riot for a second reason before election we could be looking at a historic landslide victory for Trump. Hahaha they are actually angry the President is going to do his job.

I thought tweets didn’t matter?
I’m not sure but I think calling for violence against some figures can get you jail time. Or fired from your job. So they might matter.

I’m not sure but I think calling for violence against some figures can get you jail time. Or fired from your job. So they might matter.
Uh oh!

Burn congress down as a terroristic threat? That's what you people elected Trump to do.

A stupid public threat like that likely earns him a knock on his/her door from some federal authorities.

Lol. Canadians tweeting. What next, violent drawings by Tuvaluan schoolchildren? Horrors!
Well, a Canadian tried to mail ricin to the president of the USA, then when that failed, tried to come into the USA with a gun, so...

This is going to be a fun election. If lefties could riot for a second reason before election we could be looking at a historic landslide victory for Trump. Hahaha they are actually angry the President is going to do his job.
Republicans didn't want Obama to do his job at all, when did you decide the constitution was important?

yet your demigod wanted the wall on the Southern border....hmm

Bernie Sanders wanted a wall?

I voted for Obama in 2008 before moving to Canada. I haven't voted since, but I supported Obama in 2012, Sanders in 2016, and Sanders in 2020. Who I support is irrelevant though, because I don't vote any more.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless Trump drone. Not all Trump supporters are mindless drones. I'm just disgusted with what has happened to American politics, and how each side is becoming increasingly disturbed the closer we get to the election. Responses like yours are one of the reasons I no longer participate. If you don't walk in lockstep with the groupthink, you're a dumbocrat or a rethuglican or a racist or a communist.

Question, why do people say it's a joke or he's speaking metaphorically when Trump does stuff like that, but when it's someone else, it's so o

Well, a Canadian tried to mail ricin to the president of the USA, then when that failed, tried to come into the USA with a gun, so...

I read about the ricin, but could you give me a link to coming to the USA with a gun?

Are they good at anything besides making cheap whiskey and maple syrup? Not for a lack of dedication, of course. Hardworking people for sure.

I've already heard plenty like this and worse from Camp Trumpy so y'all can pipe down and quit crying.

Bernie Sanders wanted a wall?

I voted for Obama in 2008 before moving to Canada. I haven't voted since, but I supported Obama in 2012, Sanders in 2016, and Sanders in 2020. Who I support is irrelevant though, because I don't vote any more.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a mindless Trump drone. Not all Trump supporters are mindless drones. I'm just disgusted with what has happened to American politics, and how each side is becoming increasingly disturbed the closer we get to the election. Responses like yours are one of the reasons I no longer participate. If you don't walk in lockstep with the groupthink, you're a dumbocrat or a rethuglican or a racist or a communist.
So, you moved to Canada...but it seems like every other post on here is an apology for Trumps nonsense, from you.

Back
Top Bottom