• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scott Brown's (R-MA) Ride on the Deception Train

Karl

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Seems that Sen. Brown, up for reelection this go-around, is also streaming the Obama quote-lie ("you didn't build that") as a campaign commercial on YouTube. Perhaps even worse, he's crassly playing the class warfare game by repeatedly calling his opponent, Elizabeth Warren, "Professor" Warren (for those of you in Rio Linda, the conservative base distrusts and hates anyone with an education). This doesn't seem very smart for a lawyer (yes, Sen. Brown is one of those). On the surface he seemed like a moderate Republican, but since he's been in office he's certainly been corrupted by lobbyists (below) and lost quite a few IQ points (noted above).

BRIAN KILMEADE, FNC: Back with Senator Brown, and we are sorry about the mess up with the satellites before. But we're set now.He, by the way, is pushing back against President Obama's comments about small business owners, that they didn't build it on their own. Now Senator, you're pushing back because you're in a battle with Elizabeth Warren to keep your Senate seat because you feel she has the same philosophy. Correct?

SEN. SCOTT BROWN, R-MASSACHUSETTS: Listen, obviously the president made his statements, but people should know that Professor Warren made her statements over a year ago. They're almost verbatim. And the president got bad advice from Professor Warren, certainly. [...] Listen, first of all, I'm glad the president is stepping back and correcting the record [
confuse.gif
], but there is none of that with Professor Warren.

LexisNexis News - Latest News from over 4,000 sources, including newspapers, tv transcripts, wire services, magazines, journals.
Kilmeade kept calling her Elizabeth Warren, while Brown kept calling her Professor Warren -- calling her that twice in one paragraph. It was so obvious it was pitiful. Is this all the conservatives have? Name-calling and anti-intellectual class-warfare? It certainly seems that way . . . . .

____________________________________________________________________________________
Banks’ donations soared as Brown negotiated - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
If Scott Brown bought a ticket on the Deception train, then Liz Warren must have already reserved a full car. :mrgreen:

The OP is accusing Scott Brown of name calling for calling his opponent "professor"? Lol

Ironically, I bet Brown thought he was being respectful. It's posts like the OP that show me that the right and left really do speak a different language sometimes. It would never occur to me see the title "professor" as something offensive.

If Scott Brown bought a ticket on the Deception train, then Liz Warren must have already reserved a full car. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately for your argument, it is unsubstantiated, and we both know it will remain so, hmmm?

The OP is accusing Scott Brown of name calling for calling his opponent "professor"? Lol

Ironically, I bet Brown thought he was being respectful. It's posts like the OP that show me that the right and left really do speak a different language sometimes. It would never occur to me see the title "professor" as something offensive.
If you'll take the time to read the thread title (and really, how could you have not?), you'll see that I am accusing Scott Brown of deception. First for using the out-of-context Obama quote, and then for trying to insinuate that his opponent is educated while he is not, both efforts being of a quite childish nature in intent and execution.

If you think Brown was being respectful, then you know nothing about today's version of proudly ignorant conservatism... or you are complicit in Brown's efforts to pander to the ignorant segment of his base. I really don't know which would be worse... the latter, I suppose since it would infer premeditated intent (such as that exhibited by Brown).

Seems that Sen. Brown, up for reelection this go-around, is also streaming the Obama quote-lie ("you didn't build that") as a campaign commercial on YouTube. Perhaps even worse, he's crassly playing the class warfare game by repeatedly calling his opponent, Elizabeth Warren, "Professor" Warren (for those of you in Rio Linda, the conservative base distrusts and hates anyone with an education). This doesn't seem very smart for a lawyer (yes, Sen. Brown is one of those). On the surface he seemed like a moderate Republican, but since he's been in office he's certainly been corrupted by lobbyists (below) and lost quite a few IQ points (noted above).

Kilmeade kept calling her Elizabeth Warren, while Brown kept calling her Professor Warren -- calling her that twice in one paragraph. It was so obvious it was pitiful. Is this all the conservatives have? Name-calling and anti-intellectual class-warfare? It certainly seems that way . . . . .

____________________________________________________________________________________

whats the issue here? all see is whining..

well, 'Professor' is the kiss of death. Now if they could just find some Arab blood in her, life would be perfect for them.

well, 'Professor' is the kiss of death. Now if they could just find some Arab blood in her, life would be perfect for them.

how about Cherokee blood
then it becomes a crucial matter about how much

whats the issue here? all see is whining..

I'm shocked that you don't take issue with blatant misrepresentation of what someone says... but only when your side is doing it, right?

Back
Top Bottom