• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scoop: Esper says Trump wanted to shoot protesters

Why does the GOP need to fix anything if people vote for them?

Half of America wanted to shoot the protesters
I thought the GOP was pro free speech? Unless the GOP believes shooting protesters is a good way of promoting free speech?

Of course they would. Hell, if those protestors are black or brown, the idea of shooting them makes them hot and horny.
I heard some old Trump curmudgeon recently talk about how the young people are killing our country.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that he is the problem.

Why does the GOP need to fix anything if people vote for them?

Half of America wanted to shoot the protesters
Half of America are not the President of the United States.
Are you sure Trump was talking about "legal protesters"?
Amazing. We have a committed MAGA making the argument that it's OK for the U.S. government to kill protesters if they're protesting supposedly illegally. Not to arrest those engaged in allegedly illegal acts, but mow them down by guns wielded by the state. This is where the MAGA movement wants to go - full on autocracy.

Here long ago:

If he had been talking about Jan 6 protesters you might consider it too.
"Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper charges in a memoir out May 10 that former President Trump said when demonstrators were filling the streets around the White House following the death of George Floyd: "Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?"

"The book was vetted at the highest levels of the Pentagon. I'm told that as part of the clearance process, the book was reviewed in whole or in part by nearly three dozen 4-star generals, senior civilians, and some Cabinet members."

You'll vote for TFG again if he runs, right?

What's illegal about gathering outside of the White House, counselor?
Depends upon their actions when they are gathering. Some actions are illegal.

"Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper charges in a memoir out May 10 that former President Trump said when demonstrators were filling the streets around the White House following the death of George Floyd: "Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?"

"The book was vetted at the highest levels of the Pentagon. I'm told that as part of the clearance process, the book was reviewed in whole or in part by nearly three dozen 4-star generals, senior civilians, and some Cabinet members."

You'll vote for TFG again if he runs, right?
It's vetted for classified material. Understand now?

Does it matter?
Sure. There could be justification for shooting illegal protesters. I mean, one got shot right inside the Capitol and the shooter faced no consequences.

Half of America are not the President of the United States.

Amazing. We have a committed MAGA making the argument that it's OK for the U.S. government to kill protesters
Who said anything about "kill"?

Try to dial back the hyperbole, eh?

if they're protesting supposedly illegally. Not to arrest those engaged in allegedly illegal acts, but mow them down by guns wielded by the state.
Kind of like what happened inside and outside the Capitol, right?

This is where the MAGA movement wants to go - full on autocracy.
You should probably look up the definition of autocracy and then apply it where it belongs. That's not with Trump.

Back
Top Bottom