• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientology

Tom Cruise creeps me out. Somebody who left Scientology said they saw him abusing people really bad. It’s common in that cult. I believe it too.
I refuse to watch any movie that has Tom Cruise in it, and for that matter any movie with or by Mel Gibson.

There is a region in Germany that has the government collect tithes for the church

8% of income I believe
I think that is most if not all of Germany, but you can leave the church and then you pay nothing anymore.

Jesus taught peace. Mohamed taught and made war.
Sure, sadly most people are christian in name only and they mostly base their religion on the old testament and that is about as bad as the quran.

I refuse to watch any movie that has Tom Cruise in it, and for that matter any movie with or by Mel Gibson.
I agree. I can’t stand watching Tom Cruise, but my husband likes a lot of his action movies.

I agree. I can’t stand watching Tom Cruise, but my husband likes a lot of his action movies.
I just cannot forget him jumping on that idiot sofa or so on Oprah, the man is the total and utter fake. Especially when I have seen him in scientology propaganda.

I just cannot forget him jumping on that idiot sofa or so on Oprah, the man is the total and utter fake. Especially when I have seen him in scientology propaganda.
He is surrounded by Sceintologists all the time. Even when he is on a movie set, he has his own personal entourage of Scientologists getting him food, fixing his hair, getting a drink, etc. He gives them so much money, they take care of them. They tried to groom girlfriends for him everything. It's so weird. The crazy thing is, he isn't that high up in rank in the church... :ROFLMAO:

My guess is that Miscavage and others know how to manipulate him for money, keep him, and him him fighting an uphill battle.

I started watching Leah Remini's documentary on Scientology. Anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

My first reaction was this is an obvious cult and it reminds me of the NXIVM cult stories, but on a more powerful scale. My second thought was if a dystopian storyline ever came to be in the US, I could see Scientology being the head of it.
Yes Scientology is definitely more powerful, they have their own cruise ship.

I didn't see the thing with Leah but I have watched quite a few documentaries on Scientology and how that religion came to be.

Currently these Scientology group is losing members. It seems to happen after Marty Rathbun exited the group.

That seem to be when a lot of the secrets were revealed.

So it's on the decline I'm not sure it'll ever be completely gone.

Heaven's Gate, Timothy Leary, extreme Trekkies & 1960's hippies had a baby, and named it "Scientology"

Their "clear the Earth" thing is a little eugenics too. They actually think that they can program themselves to be superior human beings and then recruit people over and over again so that eventually all of the earth will be superior human beings.

And their way of measuring years with AD means "After Dianetics". LOL!

Louis Farrakhan loves L. Ron Hubbard? I never knew that one.

I don't watch movies if Cruise is in them.

I don't watch movies if Cruise is in them.
I don't either, I just don't like his face or his face in any movie ever. Hence me not watching any mission impossible movies or any other stuff he has made. My house is a "Tom Cruise viewing free zone".

Except when people make fun of him like in Family Guy (Tiny Tom Cruise) or in documentaries about the things that movement does to people.

I didn't realize there was a Jehovah's Witness episode at the end. Interesting.

I started watching Leah Remini's documentary on Scientology. Anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

My first reaction was this is an obvious cult and it reminds me of the NXIVM cult stories, but on a more powerful scale. My second thought was if a dystopian storyline ever came to be in the US, I could see Scientology being the head of it.
I used to watch it, religiously. Seems more like a crime organization than a religion to me.

Back
Top Bottom