• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Scientology - Leah Remini TV Show

Anybody see the Leah Remini show on Scientology. Part 1 of an 8 part series I think.
Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

At what point should the government/law enforcement look into this whacked out organization?

How have they remained so protected?

Haven't seen the show, but listened to the audiobook of her book, Troublemaker. She was the reader, and did a great job. Yeah, hard to believe they haven't been busted up yet. Whacked out cult of the highest magnitude.

What laws does the show accuse the church of breaking? Tax laws?

It's a pyramid scam where you spend half a million dollars being audited and counselled through the cult's hierarchy to heaven.

The story as to how they even got tax exempt status is pretty crazy dude.

Forbes Welcome

They launched 2400 lawsuits against the IRS and allegedly harassed, followed and hired private investigators to target individual IRS agents.

What laws does the show accuse the church of breaking? Tax laws?

Conspiracy. Coercion. Assault. Sexual assault/rape. Pedophilia. Black mail. Bribery. Damn near almost slavery. False imprisonment. Kidnapping.

Conspiracy. Coercion. Assault. Sexual assault/rape. Pedophilia. Black mail. Bribery. Damn near almost slavery. False imprisonment. Kidnapping.

Thing is that if the state is to go after these rip off merchants then which church is safe? They all do this to some extent.

Thing is that if the state is to go after these rip off merchants then which church is safe? They all do this to some extent.

Multiple people on Leah's show, and I've only seen one episode so far, claim direct physical assault from the head guy.
I don't think that's happening in every church in America.

Multiple people on Leah's show, and I've only seen one episode so far, claim direct physical assault from the head guy.
I don't think that's happening in every church in America.

No. Not every one. There must be many where the head guy is too old for that now.

Is that all?

;)

I'm watching.... this cult is insane.

No church should be safe from breaking laws or violating individual rights. I dont know if Scientology rises to this level; they may just be convincing people to be dumb. But if there is suspicion of violence or threats, they should be investigated. People alleging these crimes need to make a charge though. They cant just gossip about it.

I was a believer until I watched South Park.

It's a pyramid scam where you spend half a million dollars being audited and counselled through the cult's hierarchy to heaven.

That's pure old fashioned Americana right there...

Is there a problem?

The Church of Scientology is a two-bit whorehouse lead by gutter crawling scum.

Anybody see the Leah Remini show on Scientology. Part 1 of an 8 part series I think.

At what point should the government/law enforcement look into this whacked out organization?

Freedumb of religion. It's actually a problem. Freedumb of the press and speech is a close second. I'd be the first to rewrite the First, if I had the pen.

Freedumb, it will be our downfall.

The story as to how they even got tax exempt status is pretty crazy dude.

Forbes Welcome

They launched 2400 lawsuits against the IRS and allegedly harassed, followed and hired private investigators to target individual IRS agents.

Yup. I live in Hollywood and know them rather well.

They're a criminal syndicate.

People can give as much money as they want to any church for any reason. I think that's how. Look at Mormonism: 10% of every dollar you make goes to the church. If Scientology says that for $500,000 they're going to give you the winning lottery numbers, then it's your money.

I'm watching.... this cult is insane.

I've not seen any of it yet, but briefly, what makes you reach that conclusion?

Yup. I live in Hollywood and know them rather well.

They're a criminal syndicate.

Are they based in L.A.? And what do you know about them? That is to say, they don't seem very public that I know of; do their people talk about it? And what do think their fever pitch optimism is all about?

If you say anything disparaging about "the church" you're an enemy. Other members of the church will shun you -- including your own family. They will follow you around and harass you. They'll set up video surveillance of you, take your trash, etc. just to find out who you're talking to, where you're going, etc.

Dude, have you never heard ANYTHING about Scientology?

Even without watching the shows from A&E that I mentioned, surely you know Scientology is pretty damn nuts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

One guy writes a few sci-fi books, then creates an entire "religion" around them. :screwy

Dude, have you never heard ANYTHING about Scientology?

Even without watching the shows from A&E that I mentioned, surely you know Scientology is pretty damn nuts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

One guy writes a few sci-fi books, then creates an entire "religion" around them. :screwy

I've heard and read quite a bit about Scientology, but when others are talking about religion I try and keep an open mind and pick their brains a bit to get a feeling of where they're coming from. It helps a discussion go along. Might be from direct experience.

My mom read Dianetics when it was re-released in the '70s and it was all the talk. That book The Secret is based pretty much on the same idea as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom