• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientists find a pre-existing drug, used to treat bipolar disorder, effective against coronavirus

please let them find that moderate use of Smirnoff helps. this **** has sent me into multiple nervous collapses between work and fear that we'll catch it.

Me too! You're not the only one who has been terrorized. Alcohol has a good calming effect.

Me too! You're not the only one who has been terrorized. Alcohol has a good calming effect.

i've been the public face of our family since March. now my wife is back in school and the kiddo is playing with day care toys. i'm a nervous wreck. i sleep better after a weak vodka and gatorade.

however, everything in moderation. even moderation, lol.

i've been the public face of our family since March. now my wife is back in school and the kiddo is playing with day care toys. i'm a nervous wreck. i sleep better after a weak vodka and gatorade.

however, everything in moderation. even moderation, lol.

There is something called Holy Basil, from India, available in capsule form, that is very good for stress.

There is something called Holy Basil, from India, available in capsule form, that is very good for stress.

yeah, i'm about ready to start looking. i have some prescribed ativan, but i'm afraid of it, and am saving it for a larger emergency that will hopefully never come. i have found that Benadryl helps a bit. or maybe i think it does. either way.

yeah, i'm about ready to start looking. i have some prescribed ativan, but i'm afraid of it, and am saving it for a larger emergency that will hopefully never come. i have found that Benadryl helps a bit. or maybe i think it does. either way.
My daughter, who just graduated as an RN, and started working at a large local hospital found out this morning that she is positive.
She doesn’t live with us, but she has lunch with my wife last Monday.
I might be ****ed already.

ETA - A script for Alprazolam will fix your nerves.

Last edited:
Waste of time. Everybody knows that wearing cloth masks will defeat the virus. Something about the magical qualities of paper or cloth masks and the virus just disappears.

960x0.jpg

What a stupid post.

St Johns Wort

A good calming herb, do not take it for long as it can cause sun sensitivity

Waste of time. Everybody knows that wearing cloth masks will defeat the virus. Something about the magical qualities of paper or cloth masks and the virus just disappears.

960x0.jpg

I bet you hate safeties one guns and seat belt laws

My daughter, who just graduated as an RN, and started working at a large local hospital found out this morning that she is positive.
She doesn’t live with us, but she has lunch with my wife last Monday.
I might be ****ed already.

ETA - A script for Alprazolam will fix your nerves.

I hope that you all end up being ok.

St Johns Wort

A good calming herb, do not take it for long as it can cause sun sensitivity

And will potentially severely interact with many, many prescription drugs that actually are proven to be safe and effective.

I hope that you all end up being ok.
Thanks. That makes two of us.
Wife found out that she is negative.
Daughter sounds great, but we’ll be talking every day.
Hoax disease my ass.

The bad thing is that my daughter believes she got it from her live in boyfriend who thought he had a sinus infection.
The County health department has given no indication that they are going to test him.
Absolute ****ing fools they are

You are aware that its gravity and not elf wishes that keeps everything from floating off the planet, right?

Dagnabbit! Now I have to start over on my Astrophysics PhD thesis. And I was almost done, too. Why didn't you tell me 11 years ago?

Thanks. That makes two of us.
Wife found out that she is negative.
Daughter sounds great, but we’ll be talking every day.
Hoax disease my ass.

The bad thing is that my daughter believes she got it from her live in boyfriend who thought he had a sinus infection.
The County health department has given no indication that they are going to test him.
Absolute ****ing fools they are

I've never been as nervous about a day care sniffle as I was a week ago, and I am a germophobe who used to need to stay healthy for singing gigs almost every weekend. We bought a high end thermometer, and the sniffle seems to have blown over this time. It skipped me so far. I have discovered that humans are not designed to deal with this level of sustained stress on top of the usual. I'm glad I'm involved in scientific research. That shows me how seriously that the scientific community is taking it firsthand. It helps a little.

Im going to be pretty wary about drugs that are for completely different uses.

I've never been as nervous about a day care sniffle as I was a week ago, and I am a germophobe who used to need to stay healthy for singing gigs almost every weekend. We bought a high end thermometer, and the sniffle seems to have blown over this time. It skipped me so far. I have discovered that humans are not designed to deal with this level of sustained stress on top of the usual. I'm glad I'm involved in scientific research. That shows me how seriously that the scientific community is taking it firsthand. It helps a little.
I was looking on AMZ for a new thermometer until yesterday.
My daughter informed me that a nurse she knew just tested positive.
Her only symptoms were a tickle in her throat and low level ear pain.
Her temp was perfect.
We knows very little about this disease.
It seems to be perfectly clandestine.

I'm not expecting the miracle our president promises us almost daily. There is a huge difference between stage one and stage three in testing drugs. I'm not sure I'm willing to jump out there for the first thing that becomes available unless I'm circling the drain and do it as a last resort.

Just like I want to err on the side of safety with covid, the same applies to a new quickly produced vaccine.

I was looking on AMZ for a new thermometer until yesterday.
My daughter informed me that a nurse she knew just tested positive.
Her only symptoms were a tickle in her throat and low level ear pain.
Her temp was perfect.
We knows very little about this disease.
It seems to be perfectly clandestine.

I'm not on the virology side of the research, but it seems to be fairly effective at spreading itself. It doesn't kill all of the hosts, and some hosts walk around without knowing that they have it. Some hosts are also belligerent idiots, which is also advantageous to the virus.

As have I.
My odds of survival if I get this won’t be good at all.
As a country, we have done a pathetic job from the beginning, and I still see only stupid judgements and comments from all involved.
Seems to me this is like the common cold and cancer, where there is more money involved in treatment instead of curing the disease.
Welcome to capitalism 101.
Total BS. No offense to you but I have a friend who makes the same claim. Capitalism is exactly why your scenario is very unlikely. The first company to patent a cure gets insanely rich from it. They are looking for cures not hiding them from us. They just have not found them yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Total BS. No offense to you but I have a friend who makes the same claim. Capitalism is exactly why your scenario is very unlikely. The first company to patent a cure gets insanely rich from it. They are looking for cures not hiding them from us. They just have not found them yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
With the available collective knowledge today, and the advent of AI and massive computing power, I find is hard to believe that cures don’t exist for MS, diabetes, AIDS, the common cold and cancer, to name a few.
Long term cash flow is much better for the corporate coffers than a one time drug payment.
That is pure capitalism.
BS my ass.

With the available collective knowledge today, and the advent of AI and massive computing power, I find is hard to believe that cures don’t exist for MS, diabetes, AIDS, the common cold and cancer, to name a few.
Long term cash flow is much better for the corporate coffers than a one time drug payment.
That is pure capitalism.
BS my ass.

Cures don’t exist.

You can trust me on that.

Do you think the people who work on this stuff don’t actually get those diseases?

Cures don’t exist.

You can trust me on that.

Do you think the people who work on this stuff don’t actually get those diseases?
Nope.

Back
Top Bottom