• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated

Biden will smooth things over.He will give Iran our nuclear codes.

No, you would not. You haven't managed to "wipe" anyone's ass in any war you got involved in since WW2. Iran also has a huge and well-trained military.

Another brutally ignorant take from a person that clearly knows nothing about military or power structures. Do you know how long it took us to topple Saddam's government? It's impossible to completely crush an insurgency without killing everybody in the country, which we could easily do by the way. We choose not to do that. Going to war with extremism is a lot different and a lot more futile than going to war with a government. If we went to war with Iran their government would be mostly defeated inside a week.

Like many you seem to not understand at all that in open conflict we could easily decimate any military on the planet in short order. A government military is organized and typically wears nice uniforms that make them easy to target. When we know what our target is we annihilate it. The problem with insurgency is we don't know who our targets are. They're not organized enough for us to just wipe them all out in open conflict and be done with it. If we wanted to we could carpet bomb the entire Middle East and kill everybody. Good thing we're not willing to do that and instead limit our own ability to engage enemies.

Last edited:
No doubt their military is quite fearsome against unarmed passenger jets, Iranian civilians and empty stretches of desert.

I get so tired of dipshits saying ignorant stuff like that. As if our military is impotent or something.

I get so tired of dipshits saying ignorant stuff like that. As if our military is impotent or something.
Some people confuse military actions with the difficulty of nation building in 3rd world countries. Sometimes they even do it on purpose.

No doubt their military is quite fearsome against unarmed passenger jets, Iranian civilians and empty stretches of desert.
Well, seeing as they fought Saddam's invading forces to a stalemate after eight years hard fighting I would suggest you revisit the Iran-Iraq war.

Well, seeing as they fought Saddam's invading forces to a stalemate after eight years hard fighting I would suggest you revisit the Iran-Iraq war.
Oh noes! They tied with Iraq for 8 years!? That army that the United States defeated in a month in 2003? Such army! Most power!
Lawl.

With all your military might, firepower and technology the US couldn't even manage to quell a bunch of pyjama-clad amateurs, after how many years in Vietnam?

We defeated Saddam's government in under 3 weeks.

With all your military might, firepower and technology the US couldn't even manage to quell a bunch of pyjama-clad amateurs, after how many years in Vietnam?

We could incinerate the entire world even without nukes if we wanted to. We decided it wasn't better to burn all of Vietnam to ashes. We tie our own hands because we decided it's better to not destroy entire populations of people. You are deeply ignorant about the U.S military and its capabilities. It's almost always some snotty and ignorant European trying to pretend the U.S military isn't the most dangerous fighting force in the history of civilization.

Last edited:
Or perhaps your beloved anti-free country could recognize Israel's right to exist? Nah, better to just be another anti-semitic leftist, you have lots of company.
if there is a population anywhere on this planet who have no right to point to another's government as being overly influenced by religious fanatics, it is the citizenry of the USA

If this is the case this is the 2nd big target trump has had taken out in a matter of weeks.
just a few weeks ago the 2nd in command of a huge terrorist network was taken out as well.

Trump proving just how effective he is as a president once again.
It is a shame that we have to go back to the prior trump years.

High taxes, major regulations, lower pay, stagnant economy.
*sigh*.

why people vote against their better interest is beyond me.

Under trump the US quit kissing the rest of the world's ass.

Under obama and biden we were so far up their ass we could see out their throat.
obama and biden was shipping billions dollars of US wealth to other countries.

Getting us into treaties that were horrible and would cost american tax payers billions of dollars with 0 results to show for it.

The parris accord was a joke. It has done nothing.
Yet it has cost the people involved billions to trillions of dollars.

Nope, we can just say thank god for Israel.

I do thank God for Israel, but I do not think that assassinating Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was a wise policy move by Israel. I have not thought that the foreign policy of Israel under Netanyahu has been wise for several years now. The existence of Israel is important to me. When The Camp David Accords were signed, I was delighted. When Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated I turned on the television for the second time in ten years to watch his funeral on TV. (We had unplugged so that our daughter was not exposed to TV.) I consider him a martyr and a hero for Israel and he was one of its leading generals. Reasonable people can disagree on what is the best way to handle disputes. I trust Joe Biden and his capacity to manage Iran with diplomacy, something Trump never wanted to do as he decimated the State Department.

And what will Iran's leadership and/or military do...besides screech "Death to America/Israel!"? Go to war with us? We'd wipe the floor with their asses.

Last time they blasted your PanAm 747 out of the skies over Lockerbie.

Iran does not have the means to retaliate even if we did it.

You say Iran doesnt have the means to bomb an american airliner, stage anotehr attack on american targets evrywhere on the world? Thats quite naive.

No, you would not. You haven't managed to "wipe" anyone's ass in any war you got involved in since WW2. Iran also has a huge and well-trained military.

Iraqi forces during Desert Storm.

The Serbs during the Bosnia and Kosovo interventions.

The Taliban and Iraqi insurgents pretty much continuously for the last twenty years.

The North Koreans during the Korean War(even Chinese intervention could only manage to force things back to status quo).

Etc.

Yea, no one in the region wants to see a nuclear Iran. Could of been the Saudi's. Could of been Iraq. Who knows.

Iran cannot be stopped. Their reactors are buried too deep and and are in too many locations. The Israelis are not even sure they would be able to destroy what Iran now has if they were granted
air space to get there, which would be necessary since their their planes would have to refuel. The casualties and the resulting war, for no benefit, should stop any prudent military planner. Which is probably why Israel never tried to take out Iran's reactor(s) as they did Iraq's.

Iran might not get bullied so bad if it stopped supporting terrorism in other countries....

Iran gets bullied because its Iran. The central regional power with largest population and the largest rescources. The rest is bla bla.

Iran did quite well in history. Only nation there that never was colonized. They crushed the Taliban in Afghanistan and withstand an 8 year iraqi invasion attempt, sponsored by USA.

The Viet Cong and NVA were a lot of things, but “amateurs” ain’t one of them. The North Vietnamese military command had spent decades specializing in guerrilla warfare against multiple foes long before the Vietnam War started up.

We could incinerate the entire world even without nukes if we wanted to. We decided it wasn't better to burn all of Vietnam to ashes. We tie our own hands because we decided it's better to not destroy entire populations of people. You are deeply ignorant about the U.S military and its capabilities. It's almost always some snotty and ignorant European trying to pretend the U.S military isn't the most dangerous fighting force in the history of civilization.

No you could not incinerate the whole world.

You know buddy, 14 million years ago a one km big Asteroid hit what is now southern germany. The crater it created is 20 km big. Debris the size of city blocks was send flying into suborbit and crashed down in what is today czech republic.

The entire american nuclear arsenal...has 0.03% of the energy that this impact released. And that was a medium impact compared to what our world has already endured.

Maybe start to think about afordable healthcare for your people or how you could reach an accepatble living standard.

Iran might not get bullied so bad if it stopped supporting terrorism in other countries....
Why do they support terrorism?
Are they the only country that supports terrorism?
Does Israel? USA? Saudi Arabia?

Did most all the 9/11 bombers come from SA and the USA still kisses SA butt?

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...ientist-assassinated-government-says-n1249131

TEHRAN — A leading Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated near the capital Tehran on Friday, Iran's Defense Ministry announced on state television.

"Terrorists murdered an eminent Iranian scientist today," Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif wrote later on Twitter.

"This cowardice — with serious indications of Israeli role — shows desperate warmongering of perpetrators," Zarif wrote, referring to Iran's arch-enemy Israel. "Iran calls on international community — and especially E.U. — to end their shameful double standards and condemn this act of state terror."

NBC News has not independently confirmed any details surrounding Fakhrizadeh's death.

A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office told NBC News they were "not commenting" on the reports.

In the West, Fakhrizadeh was commonly referred to as Iran's Robert Oppenheimer, the American scientist who helped father the atomic bomb in 1945. Fakhrizadeh is a well-known figure and considered among the most important Iranian nuclear scientists in the country.

He has long been suspected by the West to have masterminded what they said was a covert atomic bomb program halted in 2003. Iran has consistently denied seeking to weaponize nuclear energy.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...hs-country-covid-19-n1170211?icid=recommended
State media reported that Fakhrizadeh died in an attack in the Absard area of the province of Damavand, about 40 miles east of Tehran.

In 2018, Netanyahu gave a presentation in which he unveiled what he described as material stolen by Israel from an Iranian nuclear archive and showed a photograph of Fakhrizadeh.

"This is how Dr. Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, head of Project Amad ... Remember that name, Fakhrizadeh," Netanyahu said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I have to say about this is 'oh shit!' If Israel and/or the US is involved in this assassination, there's going to be real hell to be paid.

I have no problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom