• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated

Yes, the evangelical bunch in particular, and their fantasies about 'the rapture' and the 'second coming'-all to be hosted by Israel. Apparently.
If not for the Bible, Israel as a nation would not be in existence.

The main reason Israel exists today is because some see the nation as G_ds chosen people.

It never really existed as a nation before. And the people had been scattered all over the world for 2000 yrs before Britain decided to give them some land.

Wrong on all three statements I'm afraid.

I could post a video taken from a gunship of the US machine-gunning civilians and cheering. I could post a video of the 'Highway of Death' in Iraq; crammed with fleeing civilians, torched by the US.

Oh look, more whataboutism. I get that you are a fan of William Blum and therefore have a laughable warped view of the US, but there‘s a huge difference between isolated incidents here or there— which is what you have— and the Taliban‘s systematic campaign of mass murder.

Oh, and the Highway of Death was on the road out of Kuwait City. Perhaps Iraqis shouldn’t have flocked in to exploit their neighbor if they didn’t want to face the consequences of their leader’s actions.

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...ientist-assassinated-government-says-n1249131

TEHRAN — A leading Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated near the capital Tehran on Friday, Iran's Defense Ministry announced on state television.

"Terrorists murdered an eminent Iranian scientist today," Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif wrote later on Twitter.

"This cowardice — with serious indications of Israeli role — shows desperate warmongering of perpetrators," Zarif wrote, referring to Iran's arch-enemy Israel. "Iran calls on international community — and especially E.U. — to end their shameful double standards and condemn this act of state terror."

NBC News has not independently confirmed any details surrounding Fakhrizadeh's death.

A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office told NBC News they were "not commenting" on the reports.

In the West, Fakhrizadeh was commonly referred to as Iran's Robert Oppenheimer, the American scientist who helped father the atomic bomb in 1945. Fakhrizadeh is a well-known figure and considered among the most important Iranian nuclear scientists in the country.

He has long been suspected by the West to have masterminded what they said was a covert atomic bomb program halted in 2003. Iran has consistently denied seeking to weaponize nuclear energy.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...hs-country-covid-19-n1170211?icid=recommended
State media reported that Fakhrizadeh died in an attack in the Absard area of the province of Damavand, about 40 miles east of Tehran.

In 2018, Netanyahu gave a presentation in which he unveiled what he described as material stolen by Israel from an Iranian nuclear archive and showed a photograph of Fakhrizadeh.

"This is how Dr. Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, head of Project Amad ... Remember that name, Fakhrizadeh," Netanyahu said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I have to say about this is 'oh shit!' If Israel and/or the US is involved in this assassination, there's going to be real hell to be paid.

So the question is will we have another 911 in retaliation? I sure hope not.

We could destroy everybody. You really don't think so?
Likely not.
For other nations, China, Russia, and everyone else would likely band together to stop an aggressive attack on the world.

Oh look, more whataboutism. I get that you are a fan of William Blum and therefore have a laughable warped view of the US, but there‘s a huge difference between isolated incidents here or there— which is what you have— and the Taliban‘s systematic campaign of mass murder.

Oh, and the Highway of Death was on the road out of Kuwait City. Perhaps Iraqis shouldn’t have flocked in to exploit their neighbor if they didn’t want to face the consequences of their leader’s actions.
There's no difference whatsoever. If the intent is there it's murder-irrespective of the number of dead.

Likely not.
For other nations, China, Russia, and everyone else would likely band together to stop an aggressive attack on the world.

Anybody that thinks the U.S couldn't destroy every other nation on Earth simultaneously fails to fully realize the power of the U.S military.

Wrong on all three statements I'm afraid.
I am not wrong. On any of the statements.

It seems you don't know anything about why the Nation of Israel exists today.

As evidenced by your counter response.

I am not wrong. On any of the statements.

It seems you don't know anything about why the Nation of Israel exists today.

As evidenced by your counter response.

Please do teach me why my nation exists.

We didn't nation build those countries.
We simply gave them funds to rebuild in their image.

We aren't trying to do that in ME. Mostly, IMO, is because we can't. We are fighting a religion there instead of a gov't.
In Japan, we didn't try to halt belief in Buddah.
Yes, your point reinforces mine; successful nations are much easier to rebuild; give Japan and South Korea a little money and they once again become world class economies. Afganistan needs much, much more help. It may never get there, no matter how much support it receives, unfortunately.

No one is trying to halt a belief in a religion. You don't think that Islam only teaches terrorism, do you? Stopping extremists is far different than stopping a belief in a religion.

They could make any American City uninhabitable for centuries
They couldn't even hit a military base next door. Iran is feckless against the United States.

Anybody that thinks the U.S couldn't destroy every other nation on Earth simultaneously fails to fully realize the power of the U.S military.
Or those that think the USA can, doesn't understand the power of all the other nations.

Since USA, Russia, China, and others have nukes. The result would be the destruction of the planet.
So, it matters not who would survive. No countries would survive.

The only way to do as you suggest is to launch nukes at every country in the world at the same time.
What would be left for the USA to be a part of?

We could destroy everybody. You really don't think so?

No you cant. You could Not even destroy a country the size of Mexico.

Your firepower is too small. As i said, even a medium sized Asteroid has thousands of times more Power than your Military and doesnt destroy evrything.

They couldn't even hit a military base next door. Iran is feckless against the United States.

They can Always ship a few Gramm of Cäsium or uranium into USA and use the Powder to contaminate a City. They dont even need to ship it, an x Ray Machines contains enough Material to make Manhattan for example uninhabitable.

There's no difference whatsoever. If the intent is there it's murder-irrespective of the number of dead.

There is plenty of difference between a systematic policy of mass murder and occaisonal incidents. Do you think the Western Allies and the Axis were morally equivalent?

They can Always ship a few Gramm of Cäsium or uranium into USA and use the Powder to contaminate a City. They dont even need to ship it, an x Ray Machines contains enough Material to make Manhattan for example uninhabitable.
No doubt the terrorists that inhabit that country will try. They sound pretty intent on doing harm.

And then Tehran and the rest of Iran‘s cities start going up in smoke as the US retaliates with our nuclear arsenal.

Yes, your point reinforces mine; successful nations are much easier to rebuild; give Japan and South Korea a little money and they once again become world class economies. Afganistan needs much, much more help. It may never get there, no matter how much support it receives, unfortunately.

No one is trying to halt a belief in a religion. You don't think that Islam only teaches terrorism, do you? Stopping extremists is far different than stopping a belief in a religion.
Extremists are the reason we are there.
What real reason is there for us to be in Afghanistan? What is our purpose? To wipe out extremism, IMO. And we can't. At least not with guns. Minds have to be changed.

How does changing an ideology take place? It takes generations to do that.

Perhaps the old saying it's better to kill them with kindness, is in play.

And then Tehran and the rest of Iran‘s cities start going up in smoke as the US retaliates with our nuclear arsenal.

You would not. You cant make a nation responsible for a terror group using a x ray machine to cause you damage.

Please do teach me why my nation exists.
I am not teaching you anything.
I am merely stating the facts.

And you have not countered any thing I've said...

As your name on this forum is Apocalypse. That's the reason for Israel. In the end times.

You would not. You cant make a nation responsible for a terror group using a x ray machine to cause you damage.

Yes, we absolutely would use nukes on a nation which assisted a terrorist group in using weapons of mass destruction the United States.

Back
Top Bottom