• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated

Another brutally ignorant take from a person that clearly knows nothing about military or power structures. Do you know how long it took us to topple Saddam's government? It's impossible to completely crush an insurgency without killing everybody in the country, which we could easily do by the way. We choose not to do that. Going to war with extremism is a lot different and a lot more futile than going to war with a government. If we went to war with Iran their government would be mostly defeated inside a week.

Like many you seem to not understand at all that in open conflict we could easily decimate any military on the planet in short order. A government military is organized and typically wears nice uniforms that make them easy to target. When we know what our target is we annihilate it. The problem with insurgency is we don't know who our targets are. They're not organized enough for us to just wipe them all out in open conflict and be done with it. If we wanted to we could carpet bomb the entire Middle East and kill everybody. Good thing we're not willing to do that and instead limit our own ability to engage enemies.
That's the problem with fighting an ideology.
Guns won't kill an ideology.

Screw Iran. I have had a "**** you" in my pocket for them since the hostage situation back when I was a young adult. I have often stated that it would not hurt my feelings if Iran became one big, glass, parking lot. But if Isreal is behind this, they alone should answer for it. I am tired of that nation dragging us in to their shit. Isreal is more of a liability than an asset. Let's give Israel Montana and let the rest of the middle east stay on their side of the planet to wallow in their squalor. I too think this has Trump's fingerprints on it. But these kind of events often have multiple players and what I think or feel about any of it just comes from the gut. None of us know the intricate details and we never will. So take my words with a grain of salt.

Some people confuse military actions with the difficulty of nation building in 3rd world countries. Sometimes they even do it on purpose.
We aren't very good at nation building. See Afghanistan.

We aren't very good at nation building. See Afghanistan.
It's incredibly difficult to rebuild 3rd world countries, for sure. Contrast Afghanistan with Japan, South Korea or Germany.

Point being the United States military is unquestionably powerful, and the failure to nation build is not a repudiation of their ability to make war or defeat enemies.

If this is the case this is the 2nd big target trump has had taken out in a matter of weeks.
just a few weeks ago the 2nd in command of a huge terrorist network was taken out as well.

Trump proving just how effective he is as a president once again.
It is a shame that we have to go back to the prior trump years.

High taxes, major regulations, lower pay, stagnant economy.
*sigh*.

why people vote against their better interest is beyond me.

Under trump the US quit kissing the rest of the world's ass.

Under obama and biden we were so far up their ass we could see out their throat.
obama and biden was shipping billions dollars of US wealth to other countries.

Getting us into treaties that were horrible and would cost american tax payers billions of dollars with 0 results to show for it.

The parris accord was a joke. It has done nothing.
Yet it has cost the people involved billions to trillions of dollars.
Are you kidding. We've been kissing NK and Russia's ass for 4 yrs.

The pandemic is the major reason trump lost.

Iraqi forces during Desert Storm.

The Serbs during the Bosnia and Kosovo interventions.

The Taliban and Iraqi insurgents pretty much continuously for the last twenty years.

The North Koreans during the Korean War(even Chinese intervention could only manage to force things back to status quo).

Etc.
Those Iraqi 'forces' were mostly young conscripts with little training. The Taliban are still a force to be reckoned with, and the West has been in Afghanistan for nearly 20 years. Little has been achieved. In fact history tells us that nobody since Alexander the Great has managed to subdue the Afghans; not Britain during the days of Empire, not the USSR and they still won't lie down. Who can blame them; they're fighting-off invaders.

It's incredibly difficult to rebuild 3rd world countries, for sure. Contrast Afghanistan with Japan, South Korea or Germany.

Point being the United States military is unquestionably powerful, and the failure to nation build is not a repudiation of their ability to make war or defeat enemies.
We didn't nation build those countries.
We simply gave them funds to rebuild in their image.

We aren't trying to do that in ME. Mostly, IMO, is because we can't. We are fighting a religion there instead of a gov't.
In Japan, we didn't try to halt belief in Buddah.

Screw Iran. I have had a "**** you" in my pocket for them since the hostage situation back when I was a young adult. I have often stated that it would not hurt my feelings if Iran became one big, glass, parking lot. But if Isreal is behind this, they alone should answer for it. I am tired of that nation dragging us in to their shit. Isreal is more of a liability than an asset. Let's give Israel Montana and let the rest of the middle east stay on their side of the planet to wallow in their squalor. I too think this has Trump's fingerprints on it. But these kind of events often have multiple players and what I think or feel about any of it just comes from the gut. None of us know the intricate details and we never will. So take my words with a grain of salt.
Israel does much of nothing, without the support of USA.
For if they lose USA support, they pretty much lose their country.

Are you kidding. We've been kissing NK and Russia's ass for 4 yrs.

The pandemic is the major reason trump lost.
facts state otherwise.
the pandemic has nothing to do with what i posted.

Israel does much of nothing, without the support of USA.
For if they lose USA support, they pretty much lose their country.
Israel is a nuclear power with a large and well-equipped military and doesn't need the US. They only 'need' the US as far as buying military materiel is concerned, and fleecing Washington (and US taxpayers) of $4 billion in 'aid' every year.

facts state otherwise.
the pandemic has nothing to do with what i posted.
It does, as you were wondering why people voted against their best interests. The pandemic hoax was against most Americans best interest. For most didn't see it as a hoax as trump did.

Those Iraqi 'forces' were mostly young conscripts with little training. The Taliban are still a force to be reckoned with, and the West has been in Afghanistan for nearly 20 years. Little has been achieved. In fact history tells us that nobody since Alexander the Great has managed to subdue the Afghans; not Britain during the days of Empire, not the USSR and they still won't lie down. Who can blame them; they're fighting-off invaders.

The Republican Guards slaughtered in Kuwait were the elite of the Iraqi forces. Now, Saddam’s military wasn’t exactly....competent, but that doesn’t change the fact that they were the best of the best he had to offer....and they got absolutely crushed. The Taliban has taken appalling losses....the fact that they are still clinging on doesn't change the fact that they have gotten their ass kicked in numerous confrontations with US troops. In fact, one can blame the left for sympathizing with the folks who machine gun little girls for going to school.

Some in the government are religious fanatics. "Run by" is a stretch.
One could bet G_d and Allah are the basis for most every decision in those countries.

The Republican Guards slaughtered in Kuwait were the elite of the Iraqi forces. Now, Saddam’s military wasn’t exactly....competent, but that doesn’t change the fact that they were the best of the best he had to offer....and they got absolutely crushed. The Taliban has taken appalling losses....the fact that they are still clinging on doesn't change the fact that they have gotten their ass kicked in numerous confrontations with US troops. In fact, one can blame the left for sympathizing with the folks who machine gun little girls for going to school.
I could post a video taken from a gunship of the US machine-gunning civilians and cheering. I could post a video of the 'Highway of Death' in Iraq; crammed with fleeing civilians, torched by the US.

One would be wrong.
The main reason Israel exists today is because some see the nation as G_ds chosen people.

It never really existed as a nation before. And the people had been scattered all over the world for 2000 yrs before Britain decided to give them some land.

The main reason Israel exists today is because some see the nation as G_ds chosen people.
Yes, the evangelical bunch in particular, and their fantasies about 'the rapture' and the 'second coming'-all to be hosted by Israel. Apparently.

Genghis Khan did conquer most of Astan

You say Iran doesnt have the means to bomb an american airliner, stage anotehr attack on american targets evrywhere on the world? Thats quite naive.

They're nothing close to an existential threat.

No you could not incinerate the whole world.

You know buddy, 14 million years ago a one km big Asteroid hit what is now southern germany. The crater it created is 20 km big. Debris the size of city blocks was send flying into suborbit and crashed down in what is today czech republic.

The entire american nuclear arsenal...has 0.03% of the energy that this impact released. And that was a medium impact compared to what our world has already endured.

Maybe start to think about afordable healthcare for your people or how you could reach an accepatble living standard.

We could destroy everybody. You really don't think so?

Back
Top Bottom