• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientist seen as architect of Iran's nuclear program assassinated

For the Israeli's best time to take him out before Biden becomes President

For the Cult- Can you say President Biden
This is my thoughts. This and the hit on that Taliban (Al Qaeda?) leader a week or so ago.

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Exporting terror will do it.

So, this civilian is responsibe for the Iranian policies.

Remember this comment the next time you criticize terrorists.

hopefully, they do develop them
it would lessen the tension in the middle east
if they could no longer be bullied because they do not have military parity

I am not so sure that would be the result; Iraq lost a reactor to an Israeli airstrike in 1981 simply because the Israeli's thought it was intended for a nuclear weapons program.

I believe if Iran did build a device, it would prompt another Israeli response, and while there is no official word, it is believed that Israel has at least 400 devices with multiple means of delivery; far more weapons than Iran has major cities.

I think tensions would rise beyond a breaking point, and Israel has already shown it is not above acting unilaterally....paranoia ,desperation, and nuclear weapons make for poor bed fellows.

I am not so sure that would be the result; Iraq lost a reactor to an Israeli airstrike in 1981 simply because the Israeli's thought it was intended for a nuclear weapons program.

I believe if Iran did build a device, it would prompt another Israeli response, and while there is no official word, it is believed that Israel has at least 400 devices with multiple means of delivery; far more weapons than Iran has major cities.

I think tensions would rise beyond a breaking point, and Israel has already shown it is not above acting unilaterally....paranoia ,desperation, and nuclear weapons make for poor bed fellows.

That case (Iraq's reactor) was much closer to developing nuclear weapons.

Anyway, Iran's distance makes it much more difficult to stage such an airstrike which is probably the reason why Israel is pushing for years to have the US launch such attack.

Here is a presentation from a study from 2012

Analyzing the Impact of Preventive Strikes Against Iran’s Nuclear Facilities

Obviously as technology changes things have to be re-evaluated.

The mere fact of having open discussions of such bombings of facilities that Iran has the right to develop (it can even choose to copy Israel's position and reject the restrictions/inspections of non-proliferation treates), constitute a behavior that breaches international law.

Last edited:
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Exporting terror will do it.

It figures that you would be having a conniption fit over a country that exports terror.

We already know that you love Iran.

Someone wrote above that if Israel did it we would never know. I am assuming that Israel did it and everyone knows now. I am also assuming that the US had to OK it first. I do not think that that was a prudent foreign policy move because it didn't accomplish much in setting Iran back in its nuclear program but it aroused its animosity. That is typical of what Trump does: he causes groups to get angry at each other. If they are already angry, he exacerbates the anger. I do not blame only the United States for this, I also blame Israel. I think that just as it was not in the best interests of the United States to carry out this assassination, it was not in the best interest of Israel. (Although I have reservations about some of Israel's foreign policies, I do support its existence. I hate seeing it attacked by Iran.)

Also: this course of foreign policy puts the United States even more firmly in bed with Saudi Arabia, which is a despicable state with policies equally as brutal as those of Iran. It has the distinction of being corrupt and able to buy off western leaders, however, making it more dangerous. Iran could never have gotten away with cutting up Jamal Khashoggi the way Saudi Arabia did because it couldn't buy off the West. So Saudi Arabia is more dangerous than Iran.

Are you ****ing serious? It'd make things worse. Why are you rooting for Iran?
i am rooting for iran not to be vulnerable to those nations which would use their nuclear arms to iran's disadvantage ... such as assassinating iran's scientists without repercussions

your post amply describes why it is imperative for iran to acquire nuclear weaponry to achieve military parity with israel. otherwise israel will continue to bully it and do things such as assassinate iran's scientists

i am rooting for iran not to be vulnerable to those nations which would use their nuclear arms to iran's disadvantage ... such as assassinating iran's scientists without repercussions
Iran might not get bullied so bad if it stopped supporting terrorism in other countries....

Thank you for starting this thread. This was an ideal time for Trump to make a move against Iran. He will leave Joe Biden to clean up the mess.
If that's a Trump move, what's the mess Biden has to clean up? Iran is angry that their nuclear program has been set back? That's a good thing.

your post amply describes why it is imperative for iran to acquire nuclear weaponry to achieve military parity with israel. otherwise israel will continue to bully it and do things such as assassinate iran's scientists
Or perhaps your beloved anti-free country could recognize Israel's right to exist? Nah, better to just be another anti-semitic leftist, you have lots of company.

Iran does not have the means to retaliate even if we did it.
Sure they do. They can send out assassins of their own. No one can be completely safe.

I'm pretty sure Isreal is behind it anyway, so the cold war between those two nations will continue.

The U.S.S. aircraft carrier Nimitz with dozens of fighter jets on board is being moved into the Persian Gulf as air cover for the troops that are being moved out of Afghanistan and Iraq. The Pentagon denies that this has anything to do with the assassination today of the Iranian nuclear scientist. Nonetheless, it leaves thousands of additional U.S. forces in the Persian Gulf region right up to the end of the Trump administration and puts it on the plate of President-elect Joe Biden to decide what he wants to do with these forces.
You seem concerned that Biden might not be up to the task of leadership. Well, you may have gotten something right finally.

Hopefully Iran does not shoot down another civilian airliner over this. Feel bad for the victim's family, even if he was developing nuclear weapons.

And what will Iran's leadership and/or military do...besides screech "Death to America/Israel!"? Go to war with us? We'd wipe the floor with their asses.
No, you would not. You haven't managed to "wipe" anyone's ass in any war you got involved in since WW2. Iran also has a huge and well-trained military.

Wow, they really want nuclear weapons, huh? Hopefully they don't get them.
Iran wouldn't be so stupid as to actually use them even if they did acquire them. I see nothing wrong in a nation seeking to attain nuclear parity and a deterrent against attack. If it's ok for Israel, India, Pakistan and the West etc...

Iran wouldn't be so stupid as to actually use them even if they did acquire them. I see nothing wrong in a nation seeking to attain nuclear parity and a deterrent against attack. If it's ok for Israel, India, Pakistan and the West etc...

Their country is still run by religious fanatics. They don't need nukes.

Before we go too far down the road of blaming Israel (who I have no interest in defending) or talking about what Biden might do (which it is not January 20th yet) we may want to spend a little time talking about how much we trust Iran to be telling us the truth about anything.

Are we saying we have enough evidence from Iran that we can be conclusive about this? (For all we know Trump ordered this as a US operation.)

I'm personally against nuclear proliferation, especially for terrorist countries. Let's not be handing out nukes and ICBMs to Iran and North Korea. It's not going to make things less tense. Right up there with giving school children guns to stop school shootings.

No, you would not. You haven't managed to "wipe" anyone's ass in any war you got involved in since WW2. Iran also has a huge and well-trained military.
No doubt their military is quite fearsome against unarmed passenger jets, Iranian civilians and empty stretches of desert.

Back
Top Bottom