• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientist find planet were it rains glass.

Van Basten

Black Is Smart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Hubble telescope spots azure blue planet where it rains glass
— CNN

Astronomers have found a deep azure blue planet orbiting a star 63 light years away -- the first time they've been able to determine the actual color of a planet outside our solar system, NASA and the European Space Agency said Thursday.

The planet, known as HD 189733b, is a gas giant with a daytime temperature of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit where it possibly rains liquid glass sideways amid 4,500 mph winds, NASA says.

The blue color comes not from the reflection of an ocean, as on Earth, "but rather a hazy, blow-torched atmosphere containing high clouds laced with silicate particles," NASA says. "Silicates condensing in the heat could form very small drops of glass that scatter blue light more than red light."

Don't forget your umbrellas.

Also, my damn typo. I know, *WHERE.

That sounds like a bad place for a vacation.

Must be where the Tholians live.

We learn about all these crazy discoveries and how the $%# can anyone believe there is not other life forms out there!??? The universe is spectacular-i wish I could live a thousand years to learn what lies ahead. Disney had the right idea.

Back
Top Bottom