• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientific data proves the "news" media are lying about covid19!

At the top of your first source: Important: e-prints posted on arXiv are not peer-reviewed by arXiv; they should not be relied upon without context to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information without consulting multiple experts in the field.

Do you ever get tired of posting sources you don't read thoroughly?

Most coronovirus studies are not peer reviewed. This is well known and it is part of the general trend of relaxing regulations, requirements and so on to react fast and share info during the pandemic.

I’m unclear on why that premise goes just the one way. Cuomo isn’t up for president. So not sure what I’m supposed to do about him. But we can both vote against Donald Trump. :)

Because he got people killed. Get your moral compass checked out, its broke.

Because he got people killed. Get your moral compass checked out, its broke.

I’m not a New YOrker. I cant vote in their elections. Am I not allowed to take action against the Stable president who killed way more than the Dem governor who hates Americans?

Really, you think so?

Well according to this website (as of time of posting here) New York had almost 450,000 cases. It is not the State with the largest number of cases...it is beat out by California, Texas, and Florida. U.S. County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interactive Map and Tracker

However, it IS the State with the greatest number of deaths; 33,399. The next largest death number? Texas, with 693,272 cases but only 14,475 deaths. More cases but FEWER deaths. California is a close third, with 767,044 cases and only 14,461 deaths. Then Florida with 664,688 cases and only 12,645 deaths.

Like the video states, it was Cuomo's orders to house covid-19 patients in nursing homes leading to almost as many DEATHS as the next three largest states combined.

So in your view NY is the "Poster child?" Of what; what NOT to do? :roll:

It wasn't just Governor Cuomo issuing that Executive Order, but also Governor's Wolf, Murphy, and Newsom as well. All four should be charged with mass murder. Naturally, all four are also Democrats.

I’m not a New YOrker. I cant vote in their elections. Am I not allowed to take action against the Stable president who killed way more than the Dem governor who hates Americans?

Can't troll your way to a win here.

No one should ever listen to you. Besides any of that, what Cuomo did should be recognizable as a mistake regardless of any mistakes Trump may have made. That's how real people look at things.
real people look at total levels, Orange's count far exceeds Cuomo's.

Can't troll your way to a win here.

It’s not trolling, I legitimately feel this way and if you are getting angry over it, that’s not my problem.

And I already “won.” Trump is losing this election due to his handling of covid. You already know this.

Here, researcher Tony Heller shows the actual Covid19 data and charts to disprove MANY of the left's politically motivated narratives about Covid19. It's title references South Dakota, because they've been far more successful without perpetual lockdowns and economy-destroying shutdowns, and that's made disingenuous, authorization leftists like Rachel Maddow REALLY unhappy!

As always, the "news" media uses a strategy of selective ommission of important details and information, because it would contradict their politically motivated narratives.

Listening to the media, you'd think that it's been the states run by democrats like Cuomo, which have been most successful in dealing with the pandemic, and that the tyrannical mask mandates have made their states safer. But the scientific studies/stats show just the OPPOSITE, which is why the media omit them.

When accurately measuring Covid effects on the population per 100,000 or 1 million people, it's crystal clear that states like Ca, NY and other democrat strongholds are actually doing far, FAR worse than republican states with NO mask mandates and little to no economy-destroying shutdowns!

LOL, yeah, you are independent. LOL

real people look at total levels, Orange's count far exceeds Cuomo's.

NY deaths per 1000 exceed every other state by a large margin. Sending people to nursing homes killed hundreds of people through Cuomo's order.

You can be honest about that or you can keep deflecting. I bet I know which path you will pursue.

It’s not trolling, I legitimately feel this way and if you are getting angry over it, that’s not my problem.

And I already “won.” Trump is losing this election due to his handling of covid. You already know this.

I don't care how you fffffffeeeeeeellllll about it, facts are facts.

That’s because those red states don’t have economies.

NY has been the poster child for the country. If only we had a leader who told us the truth every day like Cuomo did.

Did he tell you 34,000 of his state's residents died? More than twice as many as in any other state? Did you believe him when he lied to you about putting COVID positive patients in nursing homes?

Just wonder what your criteria is for "poster child" leadership.

Did he tell you 34,000 of his state's residents died? More than twice as many as in any other state? Did you believe him when he lied to you about putting COVID positive patients in nursing homes?

Just wonder what your criteria is for "poster child" leadership.

Look at where they are now. They were the canary in the coal mine. States that ignored NY’s lesson and reopened too soon/still taking Trump’s lead are legit culpable in deaths. They knew better.

NY deaths per 1000 exceed every other state by a large margin.
The high count is a matter primarily of concentration and general health of a population, not what designation is on the guvs desk. Further, NJ appears to be ahead, 181/100k to NY 170.

Sending people to nursing homes killed hundreds of people through Cuomo's order.
Orangey displayed a total lack of urgency, had intel early on not shared timely to guvs, the lost month of February ...

You can be honest about that or you can keep deflecting. I bet I know which path you will pursue.
ooooohhh oooooohhhh.....i am being honest, orangey is responsible for far higher numbers.

The high count is a matter primarily of concentration and general health of a population, not what designation is on the guvs desk. Further, NJ appears to be ahead, 181/100k to NY 170.

Orangey displayed a total lack of urgency, had intel early on not shared timely to guvs, the lost month of February ...

ooooohhh oooooohhhh.....i am being honest, orangey is responsible for far higher numbers.

Because the people who caught it had compromised health at nursing homes. Derp.

Deflection powers ACTIVATE!

Look at where they are now. They were the canary in the coal mine. States that ignored NY’s lesson and reopened too soon/still taking Trump’s lead are legit culpable in deaths. They knew better.

Legit culpable, is that a medical term?

Because the people who caught it had compromised health at nursing homes. Derp.

Deflection powers ACTIVATE!
I accept mistakes were made by everyone, I created no absolute on that point. The point is, you want to avoid what level of deaths each official is responsible for. You tally Cuomo, Orangey apparently is zero.

Here, researcher Tony Heller shows the actual Covid19 data and charts to disprove MANY of the left's politically motivated narratives about Covid19. It's title references South Dakota, because they've been far more successful without perpetual lockdowns and economy-destroying shutdowns, and that's made disingenuous, authorization leftists like Rachel Maddow REALLY unhappy!

From the same day as this post.

South Dakota reports record number of COVID-19 deaths

:lol:

I accept mistakes were made by everyone, I created no absolute on that point. The point is, you want to avoid what level of deaths each official is responsible for. You tally Cuomo, Orangey apparently is zero.

Please, tell me what decisions Trump has made could not be overridden at the state level?

Cuomo's deadly decision to house covid patients in nursing homes was much more direct.

You want to play politics to avoid and deflect from this.

Please, tell me what decisions Trump has made could not be overridden at the state level?

Cuomo's deadly decision to house covid patients in nursing homes was much more direct.

I'm waiting for you to give a number that Orange is responsible for. I've already read report/estimates for attributable N-H deaths in NY.

I already posted links to the failures in Feb to get testing out that were required by the CDC. That wasn't fixed until March. The other big one was the WH knowing about the severity back in Nov 2019, not getting serious about cooperating with states until mid March.

Now again, I'm still waiting for you to say what number Orangey is responsible for.

The idea that you are not making this political is weird, but typical.

Last edited:

As always, the "news" media uses a strategy of selective ommission of important details and information, because it would contradict their politically motivated narratives.

Listening to the media, you'd think that it's been the states run by democrats like Cuomo, which have been most successful in dealing with the pandemic, and that the tyrannical mask mandates have made their states safer. But the scientific studies/stats show just the OPPOSITE, which is why the media omit them.

When accurately measuring Covid effects on the population per 100,000 or 1 million people, it's crystal clear that states like Ca, NY and other democrat strongholds are actually doing far, FAR worse than republican states with NO mask mandates and little to no economy-destroying shutdowns!

Ah, The Global Warming denier's fake name for Steve Goddard.

What I see happening in the media is the focus on the number of deaths and not focus on the group that makes up the vast percentage of deaths which have been the elderly who more times than not have comorbidities. At the same time the media is not paying any attention on the huge drop in deaths being recorded at this time. Those states who took effective action to protect those in nursing homes and assisted living places early on were the first to see a large decrease in deaths. But not only that, our medical scientists, doctors, etc. have come up with promising treatments to combat this virus that even the elderly's chances of survival have increased. It is as if any promising news on the progress against COVID is being avoided. I have no doubt that is because COVID has been politicized and that is a damn shame.

At the same time the media is not paying any attention on the huge drop in deaths being recorded at this time.
For over 4 months we have been averaging over 800 deaths every day.

Untitled.jpg

Cuomo was on the same page with the federal government regarding the use of nursing homes.

It was only after the peak point and well within the recession of the first wave that both federal and state officials understood the problem with putting recovering patients in nursing homes. Until then, nursing homes were not even required to release data about covid-deaths and together with the fact that testing kits were few (and that was federal failure), they set up the perfect conditions for having the disease grow out of control before anybody could understand what was happening

April 19 [my note: By that time NYC's first wave was already way past the peak point and deep into recession]

Today, under the leadership of President Trump, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced new regulatory requirements that will require nursing homes to inform residents, their families and representatives of COVID-19 cases in their facilities...

April 2 [Again way past the peak of the first wave in NY]
Hundreds of facilities across the country are experiencing increased numbers of cases among residents. To address this spread, CMS, which inspects Medicare-participating facilities to ensure compliance with Federal safety rules, has worked hand-in-hand with CDC to provide nursing homes with clear guidance on how they can keep their residents safe.

Back
Top Bottom