• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientific American - Global warming is real

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just out, and from a peer-reviewed magazine, and about a study just concluded by real scientists. Yes, global warming is real. The study is based on 10 key indicators. The more of them that are up, the more correlation there is to global warming. Guess what? ALL of the 10 key indicators are up.

Article is here.

Just out, and from a peer-reviewed magazine, and about a study just concluded by real scientists. Yes, global warming is real. The study is based on 10 key indicators. The more of them that are up, the more correlation there is to global warming. Guess what? ALL of the 10 key indicators are up.

Article is here.

Climate change has been on going since the begining. The debate is how much man affects it

Climate change has been on going since the begining. The debate is how much man affects it

Weren't you one of the ones claiming global cooling not long ago?

Notice I did not mention warming only climate change. Do you mean cooling like this?

Is La Nina cooling San Diego's weather? - SignOnSanDiego.com

The average monthly temperature, so far, is 65.9 degrees at San Diego's Lindbergh Field, almost five degrees below normal. This could turn out to be the coolest July since 1933. At 2 p.m., today's temperature at Lindbergh was 68, or nine degrees below average for this time of year.

I would suggest Googling his Handle with 'cooling'.

Notice I did not mention warming only climate change. Do you mean cooling like this?

Is La Nina cooling San Diego's weather? - SignOnSanDiego.com

The average monthly temperature, so far, is 65.9 degrees at San Diego's Lindbergh Field, almost five degrees below normal. This could turn out to be the coolest July since 1933. At 2 p.m., today's temperature at Lindbergh was 68, or nine degrees below average for this time of year.
Responding to GLOBAL Warming with ONE year's cooling in ONE City experiencing a local climate effect is Ridiculous.

Last edited:
i watched a documentary the other day that this whole climate change thing is bringing more moisture to the Aussie outback, and could bugger up the ecosystems.

I would suggest Googling his Handle with 'cooling'.

Responding to GLOBAL Warming with ONE year's cooling in ONE City experiencing a local climate effect is Ridiculous.

No more than blaming man when history shows climate change never stops and is natural

And there is your problem. You keep confusing climate with weather. They are two completely different things.

I am a bit skeptical of the article. Especially any reference to the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Excerpted from “State of the Climate in 2009” By National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Climatic Data Center, As appearing in the June 2010 issue (Vol. 91) of the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (BAMS).
[SIZE="+2"]A[/SIZE] comprehensive review of key climate indicators confirms the world is warming and the past decade was the warmest on record. More than 300 scientists from 48 countries analyzed data on 37 climate indicators, including sea ice, glaciers and air temperatures. A more detailed review of 10 of these indicators, selected because they are clearly and directly related to surface temperatures, all tell the same story: global warming is undeniable.

Worth a read.

And, it should be pointed out that the debate should not be about whether there is global warming, the scientific community has achieved a virtual consensus about that for many years now, the real debate is about what we do about it. There are a great many people who think we should do absolutely nothing about it and a very few who say we should end all fossil fuel usage immediately. Personally I am somewhere between these two extremes.

Article is here.

Thanks for the link.

I just read this yesterday: CBC News - Technology & Science - Phytoplankton vanishing from warming oceans

The warming oceans are causing plankton to disappear at an increasingly rapid rate. Global warming is pretty irrefutable as this point.

The AGW pool has been pissed in a few times too many. In fact, the whole global-crisis-threatening-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it thing has been done a dozen different ways just in my 44 years, and none of them have proven true over the long run. Big yawn.

This one has become really boring. Next crisis, please.

The AGW pool has been pissed in a few times too many. In fact, the whole global-crisis-threatening-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it thing has been done a dozen different ways just in my 44 years, and none of them have proven true over the long run. Big yawn.

This one has become really boring. Next crisis, please.

As usual, the deniers prance into subject matter to deny facts while presenting no real proof. It's not false just because you say so, and your very claim has been debunked repeatedly on this forum. I think Deuce recently addressed the global cooling claims of the past.

Unfortunately, democracy doesn't mean you have to be educated to have a say. You can have a say no matter how banal your views are.

And there is your problem. You keep confusing climate with weather. They are two completely different things.

No I said climate change not weather nice spin but climate change has a history long before the industrial revolution. Was the Ice age climate change? Did man cause it?

And, it should be pointed out that the debate should not be about whether there is global warming, the scientific community has achieved a virtual consensus about that for many years now, the real debate is about what we do about it. There are a great many people who think we should do absolutely nothing about it and a very few who say we should end all fossil fuel usage immediately. Personally I am somewhere between these two extremes.

First we need to know how much of the warming is from man and if man can actually do anything to change the warming.

First we need to know how much of the warming is from man and if man can actually do anything to change the warming.

I disagree. I think we can act immediately with the knowledge that cleaning up the environment brings us only benefits, health, economic, technology.

I disagree. I think we can act immediately with the knowledge that cleaning up the environment brings us only benefits, health, economic, technology.

I notice you did not mention warming

I notice you did not mention warming

Okay. I think we can act immediately with the knowledge that reducing green house gas emissions which are directly associated to global warming, cleans up the environment and brings us only benefits, health, economic, technological.

Okay. I think we can act immediately with the knowledge that reducing green house gas emissions which are directly associated to global warming, cleans up the environment and brings us only benefits, health, economic, technological.

You are avoiding the original question and trying to change the subject

You are avoiding the original question and trying to change the subject

I think he's addressing it just fine.

You just keep changing the parameters of the discussion because you are the one doing the avoiding.

I think he's addressing it just fine.

You just keep changing the parameters of the discussion because you are the one doing the avoiding.

He is ignoring warming all together

He is ignoring warming all together

100% of the net warming over the last 100 years has been due to human activity. It's not the sun. 2009 was a record low in solar activity. The lowest sunspot activity in a century. Yet 2009 was tied for the second warmest year on record and 2010 is on path to set yet another record as the sun starts to cycle back up. The sun's cycle is easily measured and is on a much shorter trend than 100 years. It's been calculated. The overall change is from the greenhouse effect.

master_obvious.jpg

100% of the net warming over the last 100 years has been due to human activity. It's not the sun. 2009 was a record low in solar activity. The lowest sunspot activity in a century. Yet 2009 was tied for the second warmest year on record and 2010 is on path to set yet another record as the sun starts to cycle back up. The sun's cycle is easily measured and is on a much shorter trend than 100 years. It's been calculated. The overall change is from the greenhouse effect.

Prove it is man

Back
Top Bottom