• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Science Poll: Should I Keep It On or Take It Off? (My Coat, I Mean. :) )

Should I Keep It On or Take It Off?

• Keep It On

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Take It Off

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Scientific poll means the organization polling chose the people included. A non-scientific poll, so to speak, is when people choose to participate and the make-up of the participants is essentially random.

A poll is scientific when the participants are chosen because it can be replicated. A poll where the participants are essentially random cannot be replicated and thereby is not scientific.
When it comes to biology the science part becomes questionable, because it often cannot be replicated. It is commonly accepted in science that if you repeat an experiment in the exact same way every time, you will get the exact same results every time. Except that does not hold true with biology. Someone who is given a specific dosage of a drug may react completely differently to someone else who was given the exact same dosage of the exact same drug. Which is why biology uses statistics and not actual individual observations like the rest of science does. Biology is not really "science" it is more art form than science.

When it comes to biology the science part becomes questionable, because it often cannot be replicated. It is commonly accepted in science that if you repeat an experiment in the exact same way every time, you will get the exact same results every time.

None of that is true. Your layman's attempt to discredit science is pathetic. Rank, uneducated, anti intellectualism.

MSc, Phd(c)

"Biology is more of an art than a science."

Is that a 6th grade education? Not really.

None of that is true. Your layman's attempt to discredit science is pathetic. Rank, uneducated, anti intellectualism.

MSc, Phd(c)

"Biology is more of an art than a science."

Is that a 6th grade education? Not really.
All of it is true, and your manufactured internet degrees mean nothing.

All of it is true, and your manufactured internet degrees mean nothing.

No science expects experiments to return identical results. You've never done a scientific experiment, have you? You just made up bs in a lame and clearly uneducated attempt to discredit science. It's typical idiotic anti intellectualism.

I can assure you that biology is a science and not an art. It is not "more like art". That's pathetic stupid bs. A small child would call bs on your garbage.

No science expects experiments to return identical results.
Reading comprehension is clearly not your forte. You might want to reread post #76, because that is exactly what I said.

I can assure you that biology is a science and not an art. It is not "more like art". That's pathetic stupid bs. A small child would call bs on your garbage.
Your assurances are as meaningless are your manufactured internet degrees. Biological experiments do not return identical results in every case, which means that it cannot be science.

Sprint around inside the house 10 times.

Inside a good coat your skin temp around your body is likely higher than the warm room temp. Skin temp averages around 91deg in normal circumstances. Hands, feet etc can obviously get colder. That would suggest leaving your coat on until your extremities have warmed because the coat allows the skin around your body core to stay warmer and thus warmer blood gets to your extremities faster. Personally I am a coat off guy because I dont want my core to get too hot and sweat, but technically I suspect that doesn't get me warm faster.

Back
Top Bottom