• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schumer, Wyden & Booker to release draft of weed legalization bill......

Demon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
at a press conference on Wed. (found it posted elsewhere)

They want to remove it from the controlled substances list.
Farther down, it says its not expected to open up interstate commerce - but wouldn't legalizing do just that? What am I missing?
Still a pipe dream, I think, but I would love to see it pass.

I don't know why it comes up as Bloomberg - are you a robot. The link works.

That it is. Now how many will vote against it?

Treat it like booze.

That it is. Now how many will vote against it?

It'll be interesting. It's only so much of a partisan issue these days.

It’s mostly becoming a money issue, which is why you see more and more righties jumping on board.

Also, *everyone* loves weed. Even if they don’t smoke it.

It’s mostly becoming a money issue, which is why you see more and more righties jumping on board.

The concept, maybe. Not so much the rancid smell.

I kind of like this map too - they don't update as quickly as Rolling Stone, but they're a little more detailed (in the map) - they show decriminalization and fully illegal

Last edited:

Yeah, once Boehner jumped in....

Still, I'm interested in the 'no' voters.

Some older conservatives from red states will definitely vote against it.

I would bet McConnell's already invested, like Boehner. Not sure I can see Rand Paul getting behind this, or Gohmert.

Treat it like booze.
Simple and to the point. It's astounding that there are actual people out there who have smoked weed and drank alcohol and have lived in this country and think that legal weed is more of a threat than legal alcohol.

Yeah, once Boehner jumped in....

Still, I'm interested in the 'no' voters.

CLARENCE THOMAS WANTS TO GET HIGH.

It’s over. Weed is as main stream as anti vaxxers.

The concept, maybe. Not so much the rancid smell.

If you find the smell rancid, tell your neighbors to buy better stuff and stop putting it out, let it die out naturally.

Simple and to the point. It's astounding that there are actual people out there who have smoked weed and drank alcohol and have lived in this country and think that legal weed is more of a threat than legal alcohol.
I think we’d be in for some pretty rocky times. The mob didn’t just go away when prohibition ended nor will any of the gangs running the black market for pot. Retailers beware.

at a press conference on Wed. (found it posted elsewhere)

They want to remove it from the controlled substances list.
Farther down, it says its not expected to open up interstate commerce - but wouldn't legalizing do just that? What am I missing?
Still a pipe dream, I think, but I would love to see it pass.

I don't know why it comes up as Bloomberg - are you a robot. The link works.
"Pipe dream"! LOL Good one, Demon :)

I think we’d be in for some pretty rocky times. The mob didn’t just go away when prohibition ended nor will any of the gangs running the black market for pot. Retailers beware.
I would think that the black market would shift to a higher value drug that takes up less shipping space…..🤷

I would think that the black market would shift to a higher value drug that takes up less shipping space…..🤷
Pot isn’t really a high value drug as it is but people are still murdered for hustling on the wrong corner. Its more of a territorial thing than the value of the product.

Back
Top Bottom