• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schumer says Dems won’t budge on Trump wall demand

Just check and see how many times { democrats and Hollywood elites } have uttered sheer
hatred of a sitting President.It's way beyond historical,this degree of blatant hatred and bias
against a guy who truly loves America and wants it's Restored to it's greatness.Starting with
our Military where Obama purposedfully emasculated it and neutered when and where ever
possible.Under Obama we also had a neutering of Marriage and the very idea'r of a Nuclear Family.
Watch the almost ridiculous automatic response to run to the floor of congress or a mic
by those like Pelosi and Schumer and little Adam Schitt in order to lambaste this President.
That was NEVER ... as in Never done to Obama.
Not even John Boehner who Obama used as his tool boy and accused of threatening to shut
down the government unless he got his spending cuts { 2011 and Political battle over Sequestration }.

Trump does not love America. He loves himself. He is not even a patriotic American.

What I am doing is making the point that if those in power blame some major problem on the powerless, they are lying to you.

The powerless are draining resources and keeping income for US citizens lower.

Do you honestly believe that the republican donors who enjoy cheap labor are going to let that labor go away?
They would have to learn to enjoy something else when the cheap labor is on the other side of a Wall.
And the Democrats would have to find a different way to increase their voter base than by changing USA demographics.

Or that Americans are going to stand for the dramatic increase in cost of living getting rid of illegals would cause?

Yeah. They'll make it up in savings everywhere else as I already mentioned.

If they didn't deal with it before, why now?

We've been through that. Each side has their reasons.

Nothing has changed in the dynamics. We just have a bunch of emotion based posturing around "build the wall". Which is what those doing those focus groups were looking for.
Why would they allow something that would work now? Why this when by your own admission neither side will do anything else about it.
Then you should join me in calling their bluff and appropriating $25B.

Well, 12 years ago a slew of Democrats signed onto the Safe Fencing Act. Does that not count?

On this topic, it also matters a great deal that it's Trump demanding his precious wall. It's very difficult for Democrats to join hands with a guy who just spent the midterms running inflammatory, anti-immigrant ads and ginning up fear of immigrants with the caravan nonsense. He campaigned telling everyone that voting for Democrats is voting for criminals, gangs, murderers, terrorists and spreading disease, for starters. And now he wants the same people who repeatedly and gleefully maligned with no regard to facts - just classic fear mongering - to give him his ask on the wall, and to assume that the guy who operated in bad faith during the election should now be trusted as a partner.

Surely you can see how big a bind that puts Democrats. They have a majority in some large part BECAUSE voters rejected Trump's divisive rhetoric on immigration. How can Democrats join hands and sing kumbaya with that guy, when his negotiating tactic so far is "GIVE ME MY MONEY!! OR ELSE!!" and who lied like a dog even in that little press debacle. He's not an honest broker and you cannot be surprised that dishonest brokers aren't the best political allies.

I was speaking in general, but I do suppose the safe fencing act applies to a certain extent. Personally, I think there is cheaper and more efficient and effective ways to deal with illegal immigration than building a wall. Trump is a very easy man to dislike, I do think the 2018 midterms showed that. Especially the turn around of the independent voter from supporting Trump over Clinton to rebuking him this year by over whelmingly voting for Democratic congressional candidates by a 54-42 margin. That was the first time independents voted Democratic since 2008 in congressional elections, four straight elections.

I never expected Democrats to embrace Trump. I also never expected them to begin trying to destroy Trump the day after the election either. I never liked the Republicans opposing almost every idea or proposal from Obama and I don't like the democrats doing the same to Trump. These things can have a sane debate, on the merits and how they might effect the future of this nation. The sane debate and merits of the legislation, proposals don't happen anymore. That is my main thrust here.

Trump does not love America. He loves himself. He is not even a patriotic American.

How much more Patriotic can it get then Declining to receive his annual POTUS
salary and donates to Charity.Trump declined his yearly Presidential salary.
Whereas Obama ... the ever-inclined Graftee ... Lives to have a nice income and all
expense Paid Vacations c/o of The Taxpayers.No POTUS has ever come close to what
the Obama's spent on their Vacations while in the White House.
Obama is The First POTUS to ever profit to the tune of Tens of Millions after
leaving office.
Of course I can see how Patriotic that can appear to select sychopants.

How much more Patriotic can it get then Declining to receive his annual POTUS
salary and donates to Charity.Trump declined his yearly Presidential salary.
Whereas Obama ... the ever-inclined Graftee ... Lives to have a nice income and all
expense Paid Vacations c/o of The Taxpayers.No POTUS has ever come close to what
the Obama's spent on their Vacations while in the White House.
Obama is The First POTUS to ever profit to the tune of Tens of Millions after
leaving office.
Of course I can see how Patriotic that can appear to select sychopants.

While making millions off of Saudi's paying him off in emoluments through hotel rooms. His "salary" is a drop in the bucket compared to what he is grafting. He is welcome to take his salary and stop the grafting any time. He made himself $M's just off his tax bill.

I appreciate the spittle free response.

But there are some problems with your position.

Such as Hatch trying to eliminate employer sanctions from Reagan's amnesty right after it passed.

Why not just a $5000 a head fine with a ten percent reward?

Do you think former Uber drivers would turn in every landscaper and hotel using illegals in short order?

Do you think employers would continue to use them if this was the policy? That the risk would be worth the savings in labor costs? That illegals would continue to come in such numbers if they knew no work would be available? That they wouldn't be easy to find if they only had welfare and panhandling to support themselves?

The fact that this "simple" solution has never been implemented puts the lie to the whole "problem".

The right steadfastly says "Mexican "criminals" BAD!" "American "criminals", uh shut up liberal, BUILD THE WALL!"

They need to put up or shut up. Simple as that.

yep
if.congress wanted to stop illegal immigration they could do it tommorow. All they have to do is make everify mandatory with a considerable fine ($10,000 a head should do it) for hiring illegals. i like the reward,.say 10% of the fine for.reporting illegal hiring.

those who support the wall obviously haven't been to the border. sure there are places a wall would work but a lot of that border is rough country. not to mention you are going to cut cattlemen off to the water of the Rio Grande they have used for over 250 years.

Back
Top Bottom