• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

School of the Americas

Repubteen

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm learning about the school of the Americas in Spanish class, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the school is ? And what is the point in funding it? And its purpose? Thanks

Repubteen said:
I'm learning about the school of the Americas in Spanish class, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the school is ? And what is the point in funding it? And its purpose? Thanks

Oh yes, I can help you....

http://www.soaw.org/new/

SOA is a particularly shameful American half-secret. No other word but shameful for it. This "school" has been training Latin American murderers and torturers for several decades. They closed the school under pressure but reopened it with a different name. Just like those corrupt telemarketing companies do who rip off old folks? Yeah, just like that.

repubteen, i lived in san antonio near the school of the americas in the 70s, ask away.

it is reprehensible and caused so much anguish, pain and torture in southamerica at the time i was surprised it survived. i even knew a few officers who were involved, i KNOW they were unearthly sadists, all it took was one meal at the o club to figure these snakes out. :censored the rest of this is :censored

There used to be a vaporous something about our relations with the rest of the hemisphere called the "Good Neighbor Policy". Pure hogwash, of course, but it got dragged out for propaganda every now and then. SOA is one of the reasons you don't hear about it anymore. :spin:

Back
Top Bottom