• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike

If I were the boys parents I'd have called the school and stated he will be exercising his right to free speech by displaying his flag, he will not have any further issues over it or there will be lawsuits filed to remove all offenders from their positions, his record cleared of all "behavioral charges" related, and monetary damages.

dude, they specifically said "racial tensions" what other group of people in the US could possibly be "offended" by the US flag?

blacks?
jews?
hispanics?
whites?

please enlighten me as to which "race" is most likely to be offended or, more likely, which "race" the school officials are the most afraid of "insulting" if it is not muslims.

Any of the above, depending on circumstances?

It's weird to see people so openly broadcast their prejudice.

.......... A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property......

That is the school's "excuse".

I doubt it was "some students". I doubt it was "any students".

I believe it was faculty. Some politically cross-eyed faculty, that cringe at kids who are proud of America. Safety concerns had nothing to do with it. For two months the kid had been "exposed" to the potential for negative reactions aimed at him and his bike and the flag. Not a peep.

Sorry folks, but its some liberal idiots within faculty/administration.

"Barack Hussein Obama ....... Mmmmm .... Mmmmm .... Mmmmm"

I believe it was faculty. Some politically cross-eyed faculty, that cringe at kids who are proud of America.

:lamo

Barack Hussein Obama ....... Mmmmm .... Mmmmm .... Mmmmm

Haha mister, you think funny!

Which "race" is going to be pissed off by an american flag? how the hell is displaying a US flag in the US going to increase "racial tension"? All I can figure is that there must be a bunch of muslim kids at his school. If anyone gets pissed off at seeing the American flag in America, they are more than welcome to GTFO.

I agree. That one is beyond stupid. It would be like being offended about learning about the presidency of Washington or the great depression. Its just one of those things that should be obvious to people that each country has a flag.

Any of the above, depending on circumstances?
find me a single black, jew or hispanic that is going to be offended if they see a US flag on the back of some kid's bike. then we can talk.

It's weird to see people so openly broadcast their prejudice.

yeah right. I suppose I am also racist because I would assume that blacks would be the race most likely to be offended by the confederate battle flag?

sad that so many people confuse stating statistical probability with prejudice :shrug:

Last edited:
What would the school do if the rest of the kids fly a flag as well? All except those who were offended, that is.....

I think this is one of those cases where school administrators, who are afraid (and rightfully so, there are some crazy parents out there who are extremely upset at the slightest things, many of them having a beef with the public school system in the first place and are looking for an excuse to bitch about things) and are trying to not stick their neck out. Its a shame that our schools are so hated these days that the administrators feel they have to behave this way.

find me a single black, jew or hispanic that is going to be offended if they see a US flag on the back of some kid's bike. then we can talk.

yeah right. I suppose I am also racist because I would assume that blacks would be the race most likely to be offended by the confederate battle flag?

sad that so many people confuse stating statistical probability with prejudice :shrug:

Not at all an equivalent scenario.

Here's one:
Son of Irish immigrant. Local bully taunts him with flag repeatedly. Kid complains to school.

There. A scenario in which a white kid could be offended. You have no idea what the circumstances are, but you went and assumed it was Muslims, because surely Muslims hate America! To you, that's as obvious as black people hating the confederacy. That's where your prejudice comes in. It could also be hispanics. Remember that flap about kids waving around American flags on Cinco de Mayo? Perhaps Native Americans? Gee, I wonder what sort of history they might be upset about...

In fact, I expect the decision had less to do with the flag than what was being done with the flag, because that's how schools operate.

Last edited:
I agree. That one is beyond stupid. It would be like being offended about learning about the presidency of Washington or the great depression. Its just one of those things that should be obvious to people that each country has a flag.

Washington owned slaves. If you study his presidency, you approve of slavery. :ninja:

Right? :rolleyes:

Here's one:
Son of Irish immigrant. Local bully taunts him with flag repeatedly. Kid complains to school.

There. A scenario in which a white kid could be offended. You have no idea what the circumstances are, but you went and assumed it was Muslims, because surely Muslims hate America! To you, that's as obvious as black people hating the confederacy. That's where your prejudice comes in. It could also be hispanics. Remember that flap about kids waving around American flags on Cinco de Mayo? Perhaps Native Americans? Gee, I wonder what sort of history they might be upset about...

In fact, I expect the decision had less to do with the flag than what was being done with the flag, because that's how schools operate.

Unless you're privey to some information we have not seen regarding this case, something showing this student used his American flag to repeatedly bully someone, they are not even close to equivelent cases.

Here's one:

yeah what was being done with the flag??? the kid had it on his freakin bike. only someone looking to be offended would get pissed about that. and who, given the current political climate, seem to be the people most likely to be looking for things to be offended by...

but you are typical of your kind....anyone who disagrees with you must be a racist, bigot or homophobe. and THAT, my friend, is where your prejudice comes in

but you are typical of your kind....anyone who disagrees with you must be a racist, bigot or homophobe. and THAT, my friend, is where your prejudice comes in

I bet it wus some muslim kids dey hayte deh flag. :roll:

do try to keep up. it was the school admins being afraid that there might be some muslim kids offended by seeing the flag. there is a difference.

Which "race" is going to be pissed off by an american flag? how the hell is displaying a US flag in the US going to increase "racial tension"? All I can figure is that there must be a bunch of muslim kids at his school. If anyone gets pissed off at seeing the American flag in America, they are more than welcome to GTFO.

Nope, not Muslims.Texmaster would have won this bet.

Student told to take U.S. flag off bike - UPI.com

"(The) First Amendment is important," Parraz said. "We want the kids to respect it, understand it, and with that comes a responsibility."

Parraz said racial tensions boiled over at the school this year around the Cinco de Mayo holiday.

"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

It's becoming increasingly common for regressives to say "Nuh uh, YOU are the one who is _____."

When currently engaged in ______.

"Pssh. You liberals believe anything that supports global warming without question, and you wont listen to counter evidence. Everything scientists have told you is false! Here's a blog that I'm going to view as undeniable proof that I'm right!"

That's just the issue some people can't tell. Nobody wakes up and says "Hey I think Im going to be a hater today and use the flag as a hate sign" They just end up doing something culturally stupid.

Well... I dunno. I think they secretly know. But hide behind ze purity of ze flag.

*context of video may not be accurate*

Am I the only one who thinks that they all should have been proudly carrying the AMERICAN flag if they ever want to get anywhere with immigration reform? What is it they want? Do they want to turn the US into Mexico? That's not the way to win people over to their side.
The only hate I saw was from them and not the kids with the American flags.
This video was disgusting and sure didn't do anything to win me over to their side. If they think Mexico is so great and the American flag offends them, they need to go back to Mexico.
Make room for those immigrants who come here to assimilate and who love America and her flag.

I never thought wed arrive to the root of the issue so fast.

It's incidents like the one in the video that make people like this. Kids used to be able to take pocketknives to school. Now they can get expelled for wielding a push pin threateningly.
They don't get that the american flag isnt offensive. Only when it's used offensively. Whoever made the decision suffered a lack of brains.

How can it be used offensively, unless someone is burning or stomping on it? That's a bit offensive to me, but still legal.

Washington owned slaves. If you study his presidency, you approve of slavery. :ninja:

Right? :rolleyes:

Washington was a lot of things besides a slave owner. He was a general, a politician, one of the founding fathers, and more. Also, there are plenty of motivations to study his presidency. Anything from intellectual interest to having to cram to take a test to research for a debate and everything in between. I would think that in order to approve of his slave owning, one would have to specifically motivated towards that end, moreso than other legitimite reasons to learn about the guy.

meh...my bad. I should have payed closer attention to where this school was located. my apologies to all the muslims out there

Most Muslim immigrants I know are extremely patriotic, because they know what it's like to live under an oppressive regime and have found a better lives for themselves here.

I'm sorry that some people find living in this country so distasteful. The good news is that we have both a northern and southern border shared with other countries. Those who are offended by America should feel free to go to either one.

There used to be an America flag in every classroom. How did we ever get here where the American flag can be a no-no anywhere, much less on a kids bike. I think every patriotic kid/parent in that school should put a flag on their cars, bikes and houses.

Back
Top Bottom