• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

School Gun Incident

Michael McMahon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
"A 6-year-old boy shot and wounded a teacher on Friday at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia, US police said... The injury to the teacher, a woman in her 30s, was considered life-threatening, though she had shown some improvement in the hospital, police chief Steve Drew told reporters.
There was no further explanation for how a 6-year-old acquired the handgun. Police described it as an "altercation" in the first-grade classroom that resulted in one shot fired."
https://www.irishtimes.com/world/us/2023/01/07/six-year-old-shoots-teacher-in-virginia-school/

Arming students with handguns to stop mass shootings has now been proven absurd by this tragedy. A sudden movement to take out a pencil from your pocket could result in the teacher shooting you!

Already being discussed in at least two different threads here.

OK I don't mind moving my post but the topic might be worth an opening post if the other discussions are after the main themes of their threads.

"A 6-year-old boy shot and wounded a teacher on Friday at Richneck Elementary School in Newport News, Virginia, US police said... The injury to the teacher, a woman in her 30s, was considered life-threatening, though she had shown some improvement in the hospital, police chief Steve Drew told reporters.
There was no further explanation for how a 6-year-old acquired the handgun. Police described it as an "altercation" in the first-grade classroom that resulted in one shot fired."
https://www.irishtimes.com/world/us/2023/01/07/six-year-old-shoots-teacher-in-virginia-school/

Arming students with handguns to stop mass shootings has now been proven absurd by this tragedy. A sudden movement to take out a pencil from your pocket could result in the teacher shooting you!

Who proposed arming students with handguns to stop mass shootings?

Well at least any such proposal in the future has been pre-emptively criticised!

I don't know about that. Every cloud has a potential silver lining. Maybe teachers will do a better job at teaching if they don't want to get shot.

I don't know about that. Every cloud has a potential silver lining. Maybe teachers will do a better job at teaching if they don't want to get shot.

"No more homework for today sir, or else!"

No big deal.
This is just what FrEeDuMbZ$™ look like. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe teachers will do a better job at teaching if they don't want to get shot.
Really? THAT is the wisest statement you have to make on the subject? :rolleyes:

With normal folks I would think that was a joke, but here, coming from you, I can't tell.

With normal folks I would think that was a joke, but here, coming from you, I can't tell.

Hey, look at that, an unprovoked personal jab from the Gateman. What a surprise!!!

Since when is telling the truth a personal jab?

The best personal jabs are true, but that has nothing to do with yours. The only truth revealed by your comment was your stunning lack of perception.

The best personal jabs are true, but that has nothing to do with yours. The only truth revealed by your comment was your stunning lack of perception.
How is me saying what I think not true?

Please tell me you are joking.

Going for most reprehensible post of the month?

Or was it supposed to be edgelord-level "funny"?

Going for most reprehensible post of the month?

Or was it supposed to be edgelord-level "funny"?

Grow up, and save your whining for the Basement.

Grow up, and save your whining for the Basement.
You made a tasteless joke, which fell flat. A bigger man would acknowledge he misspoke.

You made a tasteless joke, which fell flat. A bigger man would acknowledge he misspoke.

A bigger man wouldn't have an aneurysm over someone else's "tasteless joke" that "fell flat."

Back
Top Bottom